Netduma has to fix this.

CRarsenxL

On 7/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I appreciate that but in the same vain, if you go to the doctor then sometimes you need blood tests, scans etc to get some hard data and find the cause of the problem. It's the same thing here and if we were to do chase down every players feeling of how the game is we would actually decrease our ability to fix problems - there are a lot of other variables that are not related to the router as well. Everyone will get a chance at beta but it has to be done slowly to ensure stability. I do appreciate your faith in us and we're confident people will be happy with what we've brought to the table with 3.0.

There seems to be a common issue. A lot of people have complained about it and we don't know how to tell you what's wrong because we arent network engineers. We just know there is a problem.

We watch streamers of low and high skill level and they seem to have consistent connections that aren't a step behind whether they are playing on high ping or not. I've seen streamers play on 15 ping and 100 ping and still have a reasonably playable connection for the ping they are on.

We know how it should work, when it's working and we know that it's not. We know it's not just cods bad servers because we see people with successful connections.

I mean Warzone is like one of the biggest games out right now. It seems like it would be a priority for a gaming router to work with that game. I'm not sure we really care about all the bells and whistles of 3.0 if we can't even get the router to do the basics. 

Maybe it's not the router, but the router company who cares to help solve the problem is the one I'm going to, to spend my money on future products.

17 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

There seems to be a common issue. A lot of people have complained about it and we don't know how to tell you what's wrong because we arent network engineers. We just know there is a problem.

We watch streamers of low and high skill level and they seem to have consistent connections that aren't a step behind whether they are playing on high ping or not. I've seen streamers play on 15 ping and 100 ping and still have a reasonably playable connection for the ping they are on.

We know how it should work, when it's working and we know that it's not. We know it's not just cods bad servers because we see people with successful connections.

I mean Warzone is like one of the biggest games out right now. It seems like it would be a priority for a gaming router to work with that game. I'm not sure we really care about all the bells and whistles of 3.0 if we can't even get the router to do the basics. 

Maybe it's not the router, but the router company who cares to help solve the problem is the one I'm going to, to spend my money on future products.

What makes you think it's the actual router?

There is a lot of variety across different internet connections and servers.

Also, to touch the elephant in the room, a lot of people are blaming connections / routers but in reality they are not as good at the game as they think they are.

I have tried many setups with different routers, and even connecting my PS4 straight to internet (NAT 1) and none of it makes a difference for me. The only reason I use Netduma routers is the ability to filter out server locations.

So really I don't know what you guys want them to fix.

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

Also, to touch the elephant in the room, a lot of people are blaming connections / routers but in reality they are not as good at the game as they think they are.

I have tried many setups with different routers, and even connecting my PS4 straight to internet (NAT 1) and none of it makes a difference for me. The only reason I use Netduma routers is the ability to filter out server locations.

Exactly. I've tried routers by Netduma, Asus and two with custom firmware and although what I'm using now seems to be alot better than what I've tried before... its not perfect.

Although I don't have the 'behind everyone else' feeling, I do get folk taking ten shots to the chest and not dying a fair bit.

The router may help (in my case does help) but it isn't magic.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, fiefo said:

I tried google but the latency was still high :(

ok instead of google, maybe try a local news website or local business who has a website, this should give you a better result, again using PingPlotter.

Thanks,

Steve

7 hours ago, Bert said:

I didn't say it was the router. I said whoever solves the problem gets my business.

As for skill, I may not be the best fps player in the world, but I have played them online as long as they've existed, I've played them competitivly, and I've played them at a fairly high level at certain times in my life. (Warzone I play mainly for fun). I know the difference between an issue I need to address in play and an issue I need to address in my setup.

I'm sure there are many other unrelated networking problems people need troubleshooting help with that aren't related to this,and they may need individual support to fix their problems, but this particular issue seems fairly widespread and we know some people are getting around it.

(Although it very well could be a problem that could be solved by the router.) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 8:17 PM, Aspect of Wrath said:

Bo4 works really well for me with the xr500, i think how you set up the xr500 with your isp and settings is the issue.

What are you settings for Bo4 / XR?

1 hour ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

I have pretty much the same setup you do. I still feel the latency in my games. Everyone connects on me well, better than usual and I don’t hit them as well. Ping plotter says my ms is 15 when pinging google and it looks good on the chart but in game I get packet loss but on ping plotter nothing... @Netduma Fraser 

1 hour ago, fiefo said:

I have pretty much the same setup you do. I still feel the latency in my games. Everyone connects on me well, better than usual and I don’t hit them as well. Ping plotter says my ms is 15 when pinging google and it looks good on the chart but in game I get packet loss but on ping plotter nothing... @Netduma Fraser 

What isp and modem do you use?

7 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

What isp and modem do you use?

2 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

Lol the better your network the worse lag compensation you have Period.  

Nah this feels like legit packet loss. Instant death and delayed hit reg