NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: APPLICATION QOS

Netduma Luke

On 4/17/2020 at 9:24 PM, raikun said:

What I find funny is, why and how do they keep posting new features on a firmware that no one expects any more? It's like adding mod support to Half Life 3.

DumaOs 3.0 release date......with playstation 7....

QOS algorithm  doesn't work with slow connections.....with COD the firmware doesn't work.......where is anti-jitter???anti-lag????? 

4 hours ago, Knomax said:

QOS algorithm  doesn't work with slow connections.....with COD the firmware doesn't work.......where is anti-jitter???anti-lag????? 

Forgot about that... anti jitter... wasn't that supposed to be in the first version of DumaOS for the R1?

• Administrators
18 hours ago, SuMs3MaNn said:

Is there a sign up for a Beta?

Not an official list at the moment, we'll make people aware how/when they can sign up for the beta.

10 hours ago, Knomax said:

How does it not work with slow connections? That is the entire purpose of the QoS, to help people who are struggling due to not having enough bandwidth. How does CoD not work? If you're having issues please make a new topic and I'll be happy to help.

3 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

I would like to see on QoS the ability to Not share excess of download and upload when high priority detected.

The gaming device will only use what it needs which is not a lot so you would probably be restricting other devices necessarily.

Please remove the slider it is annoying and only mouse friendly. No brand uses it because of that reason and in 2020 a mouse shouldnt be the only option to set this! Plus I really hope we will see the Anti Jitter I think we are waiting on that for atleast 3 years.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

How does it not work with slow connections? That is the entire purpose of the QoS, to help people who are struggling due to not having enough bandwidth. How does CoD not work? If you're having issues please make a new topic and I'll be happy to help.

I try sliders from 1% to 100% in both ways...i try different values for download and upload....and i have bufferbloat both in download and upload.

I have edgerouter X with Openwrt and a Tplink WR1043nd v3 with openwrt ..with fq-codel or Cake algorithm i dont have bufferbloat..i have under 5ms.

That's why i say that your algorithm doesn't work with slow connections...

For COD...you think that is working?how?...i see posts people using alternate methods to make thinks better like Cady....i am wrong?With party chat?It is working?Every time you must go in private to "add" him...and if another person join the chat?The same again....just to hear them...this is solution????Noooooo

Yes i have issues as many others here....tell me "true" solutions.

And i truly believe that "new firmware"  will release with playstation 7....your company "play" with our patience about 1,5 years now....

I know...."SOON" will release it.

im the first one to say that this waiting is hard and probably too much...

but come here and trash talk this guys that are working for us, doesn't feel right.

most of the brands would make a new device with new software/firmware and we would have to buy it if we wanted something new...

the new features will work on the new firmware, most likely, so its not a waste of time...and probably they arent all working on the same subject so...

guys, i want that new firmware fast, but trash talk this guys wont make it come sooner...

• Administrators
5 hours ago, fakkel said:

Please remove the slider it is annoying and only mouse friendly. No brand uses it because of that reason and in 2020 a mouse shouldnt be the only option to set this! Plus I really hope we will see the Anti Jitter I think we are waiting on that for atleast 3 years.

You can type the percentage on the right hand side if you would prefer. 

1 hour ago, Knomax said:

I try sliders from 1% to 100% in both ways...i try different values for download and upload....and i have bufferbloat both in download and upload.

I have edgerouter X with Openwrt and a Tplink WR1043nd v3 with openwrt ..with fq-codel or Cake algorithm i dont have bufferbloat..i have under 5ms.

That's why i say that your algorithm doesn't work with slow connections...

For COD...you think that is working?how?...i see posts people using alternate methods to make thinks better like Cady....i am wrong?With party chat?It is working?Every time you must go in private to "add" him...and if another person join the chat?The same again....just to hear them...this is solution????Noooooo

Yes i have issues as many others here....tell me "true" solutions.

And i truly believe that "new firmware"  will release with playstation 7....your company "play" with our patience about 1,5 years now....

I know...."SOON" will release it.

Are you measuring with DSLReports to determine that? If so then it's just a test, it doesn't properly introduce bufferbloat as it doesn't saturate the network so I would recommend doing a real world test with PingPlotter while you're downloading and see what percentage brings down the ping/keeps it as low as possible. I'm all for tests but when every network is different, there isn't a glove that fits all scenarios, by doing a real world test and optimizing there then it's adjusted for your particular network. 

People are always looking for alternate settings etc that will give them the edge, that doesn't mean the router doesn't work, if the options are there for you to optimize then great. There is no possible way to have a blocking functionality without whitelisting other things, in this example your friends. We don't know who your friends are, they just appear as IP addresses to the router, add them and then it'll work.