What algorthyms does netdumar use

kinel

I been reading about two algorthyms  

and i wanted to find out what  algorthyms  the netdumar 1  uses

As i want to try these two  first is fq  codel

The second is cake sqm

But i wanted to know what algorthyms netduma1r  its currently using

Also what algorthyms  the old firmware  was using  premptive and reactive

I think i remember and admin mention to me that reactive used fq  codel  but i cant remember because it ws a long time ago 

I can't say about DumaOS but I believe the original firmware for the R1 used FQ Codel as Premptive setting. Duno about Reactive.

I also 'heard' so don't quote me on it but that the QoS was loosely based on OpenWRT.

Thats what i thought as well but it ws a long long time ago i was told it

Please fraser if you can confirm it  would be great

Cheers zennon and n3cro for your help

Btw n3cro is the open wrt firmware your using using fq codel or is it cake sqm

@kinell I have tried Black Ops 4 on Cake and FQ Codel. The game runs like crap regardless. In fact I think I had better hit reg on ISP wifi frankly.

Cake used to make the game run excellently but they've altered the netcode I think since MW came out as it doesn't matter what I do, what I try, nothing makes any difference anymore and I talk to alot of Twitch folk who still play the game every day and they have exactly the same problem as me so clearly its the game. As I've said many times, you cannot polish a turd.

N3cro i was asking if you was using fq codel or cake sqm 

I dan tell from your anser that youve tried both and they are crap for bo4 

Iknow you told me before that you bought the router with open wrt installed

But i have no knowledge on this topic 

How do you change from using fq  codel to cake sqm  

5 minutes ago, kinel said:

N3cro i was asking if you was using fq codel or cake sqm 

I dan tell from your anser that youve tried both and they are crap for bo4 

Iknow you told me before that you bought the router with open wrt installed

But i have no knowledge on this topic 

How do you change from using fq  codel to cake sqm  

Btw when you posted your last gameplay was that using fq codel 

Its not the fact that they don't work for the game. I've been mostly using Cake - Layer Cake all of 2019 and its been excellent. Everything changed when MW came out, there was an update for Black Ops 4 and ever since its been utter crap. Ghosting bullets and folk sponging are the two problems. I've never had ghosting bullets before on Black Ops 4. Same thing happens when I use the Duma R1. Others are having exactly the same problem which points to the game being the problem.

Theres a drop down menu on OpenWRT where you can change algo.

That last gameplay was with Cake - Layer Cake and that was the only match in a 6 hour session that was ok and even a couple of times in that gameplay my shots possibly weren't connecting.

21 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

@kinell I have tried Black Ops 4 on Cake and FQ Codel. The game runs like crap regardless. In fact I think I had better hit reg on ISP wifi frankly.

Cake used to make the game run excellently but they've altered the netcode I think since MW came out as it doesn't matter what I do, what I try, nothing makes any difference anymore and I talk to alot of Twitch folk who still play the game every day and they have exactly the same problem as me so clearly its the game. As I've said many times, you cannot polish a turd.

I played last week for a few days and it played really good for me.

But that was on a enterprise system. (About 50 users, 150/150 1:1 lease line, wifi, VPN admin network, VPN client network, IPTV etc) 47ms ping not a smidge of lag. Hitdetection as you would expect from 47ms ping. Still was putting out 3KD games while laying down on the sofa, no headset, stock controller, 65" TV etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

I need another bit of help from the admins

Im trying to recreate your reactive algorthm  for my openwrt router

For me i prefer it to any other it just gives me the best results for my hit detection but i dont wanna stay on the old firware  just to use  reactive

Can you find out for me

You guys told me  reactive is fq  codel queue disiplne

I need to find out these things what  qos i need to run with it to make it reactive algorithm 

Options are

Piece of cake qos

Simple qos

Simplest_ tbf qos

Layer cake qos

Simplest qos

Piece of Cake and Layer Cake no, because they require you to use the Cake qdisc.

Simplest_ tbf qos I would say is your best bet.

Quick question @kinel Do you also have these qdiscs?

They weren't there the last time I used OpenWRT which was a few weeks back. Maybe an auto update or something but I only had Cake and FQ Codel before.

Untitled.jpg