XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.20 Released

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

Question since I use a PS4 and Xbox 1 on the xr700 should I have upload and download even across all the devices? Or more towards PS4 and Xbox? 

I would recommend you leave Bandwidth Allocation default with share excess enabled, consoles don't require much bandwidth at all. With share excess every device will get what it needs and share the excess that devices don't use with the ones that do. As long as you use Anti-Bufferbloat that will prevent local congestion.

Also I have a question, I find myself behind in a lot of fun fights in MW for some reason I see myself in the kill cam walking like I don’t even see the enemy before they see me. Any reason for this? 

I’m wondering because when I use my netduma it’s was happening 70% qos and everything. When I took my PS4 off the netduma and ran it straight from the gateway on my fiber I saw people a lot sooner and the bullet registration was clean. Idk maybe it’s me or my settings. Can someone help or look at my settings? 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

I can. How does it narrow it down? Also how do I download the new 1.20 update it keeps saying download failed 

If it's fine with QoS completely disabled then it may be a QoS issue, if it isn't then it isn't a QoS issue. If you're doing it from the top right of the interface then you probably already have it and can ignore it, check in System Information to see if you're on the latest version.

• 1 month later...

The beta is working here, anxious for the release. I was having a few issues prior. 

So far, so good. I am excited for the future with this of router and what I see from possibilities mentioned in version 3.

I love this router, I came from an XR500, this seems like the same thing on steroids. Happy to be patient for 3.0, I have full confidence in the Duma Folks.

It is Netgear that that worries me ;-).

Give 1.2.4 a try and make sure you do a reset after flashing, so far for me, it has been good and I have stable 180 down and 25 up, with working QOS.

One thing I did do was change the FAN settings to increase cooling, so maybe not letting the system get so warm helps also, maybe not. Could all be coincidental. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 3/23/2020 at 8:03 AM, Danny80916 said:

Any one else on .24 have a broken traffic meter?

Are you referring to the traffic meter in Settings or the Network Monitor? If you make a new topic and explain what is happening we can go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a question, is it better to be in access point mode or router mode when gaming? It says Wifi is better in ap mode but if I use router mode everything has to be connected to the router directly nothing to my gateway. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Doughboy said:

Hi I have a question, is it better to be in access point mode or router mode when gaming? It says Wifi is better in ap mode but if I use router mode everything has to be connected to the router directly nothing to my gateway. 

If you use AP mode then you won't be able to use any of the DumaOS features so I wouldn't recommend enabling that. You should be able to have decent WiFi without using this mode, are you having WiFi issues?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 4/19/2020 at 1:13 PM, ketma said:

Do you have any further details of when 3.0 will be released, or even a beta version ?  Surely you must have a target date to aim for.

Thanks,

We learn't a long time ago that deadlines don't work and often lead to disappointment when we have to extend this. So we now don't give any deadlines.