XR500 blocking IPTV service

So I originally thought that my ISP was blocking my IPTV service, but when I take my ISPs router out of modem mode and connect to it I can use my IPTV service no problems.  When I have it in modem mode and connected through the XR500 then it is completely blocked.  IPTV uses port 2086, I've tried forwarding it but this doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas how I might get this working through the xr500?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, HOLGATES HERE said:

It's not an ISP IPTV, and they reckon that isn't the case.  Can you forward an external port to a different internal port?

Yes you can set differing external & internal port ranges. As with above if that doesn't work disabling QoS may work and if it does I would re-enable it and disable DumaOS Classified Games and see if it still works.

7 hours ago, diafanos said:

I have the same issue with R1!! Disabling the QOS solves the problem (I don't know why), but i think that this is not the best practice.

Disable just DumaOS Classified Games instead and add devices manually, it's the most likely feature that would prevent it working correctly.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable just DumaOS Classified Games instead and add devices manually, it's the most likely feature that would prevent it working correctly.

I have tried this with no results. I also opened all ports in port forword section, gave prioritization to the TV but nothing seems to work. The only way to see IPTV was disabling QoS.

1 hour ago, diafanos said:

I have tried this with no results. I also opened all ports in port forword section, gave prioritization to the TV but nothing seems to work. The only way to see IPTV was disabling QoS.

So having QoS enabled at all stops the IPTV from working?

I feel like this might be caused by the IPTV requiring a very specific kind of packets which the QoS interferes with. Maybe some kind of ISP specific tagging...

I think I already have QoS off.  When netflix is streaming, my wifi on mobile is awful.  I basically turned everything off, although I think actually what made it better was one of the settings in wifi setup to do with smart handling of wifi data or something.  Now netflix streams with no issue and wifi on mobile is quick.  Still can't connect to IPTV though.  It does work for some IPTV channels on a nother service, they seem to be mainly US channels.

Don't know if this sheds any light on the situation, but if I start streaming on mobile data, then turn wifi on, it continues to stream through wifi.  Maybe it is an authentication issue that doesn't occur on wifi?

On 10/29/2019 at 10:16 PM, HOLGATES HERE said:

So I originally thought that my ISP was blocking my IPTV service, but when I take my ISPs router out of modem mode and connect to it I can use my IPTV service no problems.  When I have it in modem mode and connected through the XR500 then it is completely blocked.  IPTV uses port 2086, I've tried forwarding it but this doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas how I might get this working through the xr500?

I could not watch IPTV (Vodafone Spain) with XR500 and XR700, all attempts for iptv and ip voice with the valid configuration were a failure. The only thing that works by setting the operator's VLAN / Bridge was the internet connection.
I think it's a firmware problem, the configuration for operators IPTV in manual mode is basic.
I have an Asus RT-AX88U configured and working IPTV, internet data and IP voice for vodafone TV Spain and in less than 10 minutes everything was working perfectly ....... with XR500 and XR700 I was losing more than 10 hours and only I run data from the internet in the ports and in the deco but nothing from IPTV channels and IP voice.
I would like to put the Netgear as the main one but I can't do without TV and phone calls ... for the moment my main router is Asus.

I use an Nvidia Shield box along with STB EMU Pro app to emulate a MAG box for IPTV.

Since the Shield box runs on Android, you can install lots of useful apps, such as IPvanish VPN. Nothing needs to be setup on the router!

Using the VPN app along with the MAG Emulator (STB EMU Pro) App, i have no issues at all with IPTV.

Since the Hybrid VPN facility on the XR500 is "broken" , and u cant run a VPN on a MAG, so this was the simplest solution for me....

• Administrators
On 11/1/2019 at 9:26 AM, diafanos said:

You said you gave priority to the TV, enable QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu but remove/disable EVERYTHING from Traffic Prioritization, does that help at all?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You said you gave priority to the TV, enable QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu but remove/disable EVERYTHING from Traffic Prioritization, does that help at all?

I gave priority to the TV from Traffic Prioritization section and didn't worked. Is there any other way to give priority to a device? 

2 hours ago, diafanos said:

I gave priority to the TV from Traffic Prioritization section and didn't worked. Is there any other way to give priority to a device? 

Well you could give it maximum bandwidth on the flower. By the sounds of it I don't think it will help though. It sounds like there's some incompatibility between your TV and QoS. Maybe if there was a way to make a device bypass QoS.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well you could give it maximum bandwidth on the flower. By the sounds of it I don't think it will help though. It sounds like there's some incompatibility between your TV and QoS. Maybe if there was a way to make a device bypass QoS.

I believe that this is the problem. I can live with that (tick and untick QoS when i watch IPTV). I just wanted to help "Holgetes Here".

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

My suggestion was to not give prioritization to the TV, not to give it prioritization as it could be that specific feature that is interfering with the packets and causing the issue.

This was the setup in the first place. Then i started to try different settings.

One thing i didn't try is to watch IPTV throught another device (not the TV app). To make sure that something is blocking the TV. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, onevoice4uall said:

I had issues with SOPlayer and my XR500 I had to go into QOS and uncheck share excess bandwidth and it all works now. 

You're now effectively limiting every device in your home to the bandwidth you allocated on that feature, which could mean your Internet runs much more slowly.

The fact this has helped suggests you might have a congestion problem. I'd recommend trying this:

1. Re-enable Share Excess (check the box and then click 'Update Distribution')
  2. Then go to Anti-Bufferbloat and set the sliders to 80% on download and upload. Make sure your total bandwidth speeds are accurate too - you can edit them in Anti-Bufferbloat's advanced options

Let us know if that also improves things.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, xfalax said:

I could not watch IPTV (Vodafone Spain) with XR500 and XR700, all attempts for and ip voice with the valid configuration were a failure. The only thing that works by setting the operator's VLAN / Bridge was the internet connection.
I think it's a firmware problem, the configuration for operators IPTV in manual mode is basic.
I have an Asus RT-AX88U configured and working IPTV, internet data and IP voice for vodafone TV Spain and in less than 10 minutes everything was working perfectly ....... with XR500 and XR700 I was losing more than 10 hours and only I run data from the internet in the ports and in the deco but nothing from IPTV channels and IP voice.
I would like to put the Netgear as the main one but I can't do without TV and phone calls ... for the moment my main router is Asus.

Can I use IPTV on multiple devices? and How do I install Vader streams on my fire stick? please Guide me

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, NaomiBarnes said:

Can I use IPTV on multiple devices? and How do I install Vader streams on my fire stick? please Guide me

Vader streams is shut down look on YouTube (I had to google what Vader streams even was) also its pirated material so this isn't something to be talked about on this forum. I will also say I have never used or would condone the use of such services.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:40 AM, NaomiBarnes said:

The router supports as many devices as you need. We can't help you with installing specific apps on your devices though as we didn't make those devices. Also as @Killhippie says, that specific app is legally pretty dodgy so we don't want anything to do with it.

• 4 months later...

i bought this Best router today and problems started immediately, iptv not working on my Samsung tv.

Solved the problem quickly turned off QoS Service, but I want to use QoS Service.

Question is, it is possible to use iptv and QoS together or not ?

will it be possible and when or will never be able to use together QoS and IPTV ?