Anybody else getting moderate on MW, with settings I’ve used since release?

Sol0flyerz

Pretty self explanatory, always have had an open nat in every game I’ve played, including other cods.  Now getting moderate suddenly, even though upnp seems to have all the normal ports open.  Ps4 pro btw and there is a second ps4 on my network. 

For DumaOS, go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Port Forwarding.

Select Add Custom Service.

Give it a name, say 'CoD' set it to UDP and enter port 3074 both internal and external. Select your console as target device. Save and you're done.

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

For DumaOS, go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Port Forwarding.

Select Add Custom Service.

Give it a name, say 'CoD' set it to UDP and enter port 3074 both internal and external. Select your console as target device. Save and you're done.

Thank you so much for your help! I hope that will be work!!

52 minutes ago, bagsta69 said:

Dont forget to give PS4 a static Ip 

From the router I give the static ip, correct?? Or you mean from the network settings from PS4? Sorry, on the most people this questions sounds stupid but I am not an expert and I tried to understand...

No problem it can be confusing, go into settings on ps and go to manual settings giving it a static up then on router forward ports to that ip address, A quick google will show you how. I did a step by step guide some time ago but think it got lost after forum was upgraded.

im on holiday at the minute till Monday but if you are still stuck when I get back I will help you get it sorted 

cheers 

• Administrators

Actually it’s ok to leave UPNP on with port forwarding rules. Should be fine. 

Let us know if that clears up moderate NAT. I’d also recommend doing a console network test if you’re worried about NAT. If it comes back as open you’re fine - in game NAT readings can often be unreliable. 

I tried it but i didn’t solve the problem. Only when I deactivate the geofilter settings works ok. With geofilter settings on I can’t join and hear my friends on chat party and the nat type is moderate... ☹️

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Let us know if that clears up moderate NAT. I’d also recommend doing a console network test if you’re worried about NAT. If it comes back as open you’re fine - in game NAT readings can often be unreliable. 

Which in most cases thats the case. I'll double check in network settings on ps4 run test and it'll say nat type 2 which is open but sometimes in game it'll say moderate.

1 hour ago, Kostas83 said:

Yes but the main problem is on the chat party. I can’t hear my friends. 

Simple !  Go to Geo filter,  Untick  Auto Ping Host.

-make ps4 party chat

-invite friends

-do not start the game !

-on Geo Filter choose Spectating mode.

-now u see icons, they are your friends outside Geo Filter who you get Nat Type Error with !

- click on each and give them name and  Allow . 

-done, switch back to Filtering mode.

Geo filter blocks your outside range friends thats what is giving Nat Type Error and you can not Talk in party chat.

Guys thank so much for your reply’s... but to many issue with the geo filter... at the end I don’t play and only true things for that... I will left the geo filter off and i hope that it will be update for the issues with the PS4.  Everything before the 7.00 update worked so perfect and smooth... I hope that duma people they will do again great job and all this will be solve. 

18 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Unfortunately, Geofilter off, UPNP on, port forwarding on 3074 TCP&UDP still yields "NAT Type: Moderate" -- but on console test, it says "Type 2" (open).

23 hours ago, boss_chief_ph said:

Unfortunately, Geofilter off, UPNP on, port forwarding on 3074 TCP&UDP still yields "NAT Type: Moderate" -- but on console test, it says "Type 2" (open).

Well i'd trust the console test more than the in-game test personally but it might be that there are game specific ports that need to be forwarded.