Your favorite hobby?

Combinate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love fishing too, add some shooting into the mix with some ferreting. I’ve a small boat that allows me to have some great times on the Local part of the Thames and I’m an owner of a fishery which is rented out to a local club so other can enjoy a day out.

I also have an interest in linen, I just love linen bedding and have linen from across the globe yet non beat the Irish linen which is just heaven.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:54 AM, Newfie said:

I love fishing too, add some shooting into the mix with some ferreting. I’ve a small boat that allows me to have some great times on the Local part of the Thames and I’m an owner of a fishery which is rented out to a local club so other can enjoy a day out.

I also have an interest in linen, I just love linen bedding and have linen from across the globe yet non beat the Irish linen which is just heaven.

Wow and they say gamers never leave the house

22 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Wow and they say gamers never leave the house

I’ve a gardening business, I’m too shattered some times :) normally I try to get on for an hour or two in the evenings but I do love the outdoors. 

Trouble is my little Tibetan Terrier loves a boat trip so I can’t say no!

13CDDE64-ADB1-4BED-8AE4-64E63C3B6234.jpeg

41 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

Other than with my family or on a console/pc you can find me here :)

I love golf video games although I do get a bit frustrated with real golf.

After all, if you're not instantly good at something it's not worth doing.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, Netduma Alex said:

I love golf video games although I do get a bit frustrated with real golf.

After all, if you're not instantly good at something it's not worth doing.

If you have a PS4 VR there’s Everybodys golf that uses the motion controllers. I have the odd game and it’s a good laugh, just got to watch you don’t swing into furniture! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I would post these as I’m clearing out a room that needs some love and care. 

one of my old hobbies that turned into a small venture in the early 90s was building loudspeakers with a chap who worked for IMF who were famous for transmission line speakers. These were prototypes that used our Forrest filter technology.

The Musical Fidelity A370 pulls a nice 2.5Kw and weighs in at 49kg.

from these came the ones below and the photo was taken at the London international HiFi show. We went forward to a unique design and the large box in the middle is the worlds largest passive filter with 80000 components. We wanted to prove that sound could be projected around the room using nothing but a passive filter. Nowadays its called Atmos and uses the wizard of modern tech. I also had a full head of hair!!

484FD717-1429-4FCB-BBC5-BC5FA71C192B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, james121op said:

@Newfie do you annoy your neighbour(s) with this lmao

Haha I cracked a support wall when we tested them years ago. the amp pumps class A and takes 2.5kw to power it but the beauty with transmission line is the low frequencies are able to show at low volumes. 10Hz is easy on them. I’ve also got some DNM prototypes pre amps but they tend to add a fake soundstage which is a shame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...