Ping Assist not working on my connection using XR700

Ping assist will not function properly for me on Black Ops 4 using my XR700, if i set ping assist to 45ms in the middle of the atlantic ocean when BO4 boots up every single dedicated server comes up as a triangle strict mode is enabled (turned it off for 1 attempt and it put me in european server) however if i turn ping assist off and use the circle radius i connect to 25ms Georgia US server 30ms Miami US server or 35ms Texas server. i play with friends on the west coast and can only get them in my party if i increase the radius of the circle and when i do this being the party host i get servers with higher than my max desired ping(45ms). i would like to use ping assist and just allow them on the allow/deny list so they can join me and then i would still connect to low ping servers however it is not working for me even if i play solo. im on the most current firmware (already tried down grading then reloading and did not work) any help or other suggestions? ping assist was working for me up until recently about the time of the last BO4 update, i did a factory reset and have tried multiple other fix attempts, resetting modem, having isp refresh my modem, and so on

Sometimes if you upgraded from a firmware version which didn't have ping assist to a version that did, something would go wrong with the feature. A wonky installation perhaps?

So here's a suggestion: downgrade and then upgrade again.

DOWNGRADE to this version: https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20

Then straight away UPGRADE to this version (latest): https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10

And see if the problems still occur.

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Sometimes if you upgraded from a firmware version which didn't have ping assist to a version that did, something would go wrong with the feature. A wonky installation perhaps?

So here's a suggestion: downgrade and then upgrade again.

DOWNGRADE to this version: https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20

Then straight away UPGRADE to this version (latest): https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10

And see if the problems still occur.

ive tried this 2 times and still happening

also some more information the ping assist will not work on my PS4 Pro or my XB1X added the XB1X to Geofilter today and no dice on ping assist but circle radius with ping assist off works exactly same as on PS4 i even connect to the same dedi in Georgia with 26ms ping on the XB1X when i tried BO4 today

• Administrators

Hi Tango - we are seeing this ourselves in testing, which is really strange. So it's not just you! It used to be working. We are looking into this as a priority.

Could you just confirm the firmware version you are on?

Thanks.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:19 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Tango - we are seeing this ourselves in testing, which is really strange. So it's not just you! It used to be working. We are looking into this as a priority.

Could you just confirm the firmware version you are on?

Thanks.

any update to the testing possible solutions?

• Netduma Staff
On 6/8/2019 at 11:31 PM, Six7 Tango said:

any updates on this issue for the XR700?

It's undergoing testing on both platforms - should have a fix for you guys soon. We have a good understanding of what caused it now.

• 2 months later...
  • Netduma Staff
23 hours ago, sncjez said:

Any progress? I noticed this myself on latest version over the weekend.

I have a feeling this will be fixed in the next version; there's an incredible amount of ongoing development behind the scenes on these next updates. I'll double check for you today.

• Netduma Staff
23 hours ago, sncjez said:

Any progress? I noticed this myself on latest version over the weekend.

I just checked with Joseph, who previously tested and fixed this issue on the XR700. He doesn't believe it should be happening on the latest firmware. Which router / firmware are you running and we can investigate :D

It is xr700 v1.0.1.10 its not working on warface possibly not supported game. I don't play much of any thing else lately so haven't tested on a supported game. 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, sncjez said:

It is xr700 v1.0.1.10 its not working on warface possibly not supported game. I don't play much of any thing else lately so haven't tested on a supported game. 

The Geo-Filter as a whole or just ping assist? We haven't tested the game, what occurs when you boot up the game with the filter on? If there is one server being blocked then allow it, does that enable you to Geo-Filter from there?