Netgear Nighthawk xr 500 geofilter does not work

The router reboots about 1 time a day and throws me out about 2 times a day in the middle of a game out of the game. With my old router I have never had problems like this. The Xr 500 offers me so far no advantages because with me the Ping Assist also does not work and who knows if any other functions of the router will not work. Hope that soon a new update appears otherwise I am unfortunately forced to send back the router because I'm getting on my nerves for the price the man for the router pays in my case 290 euros which is really very expensive if man times is honest and that At this price so many problems occur is also very annoying I hope that I can count on a new update soon.

Edited by Netduma Alex
Corrected formatting

We're sorry that you're having issues, and I can assure you there will be a new update. I know that they were doing some final testing for the new update recently so I imagine it will be soon, but I don't know exactly when.

Is there actually any router settings that I can make that are suitable for the router does not throw me in the middle of a game out of the game? Yesterday this happened exactly once. and the day before yesterday the router ran all day without kicking me out. So all my colleagues on Xbox live stay in the game and it just throws me off by itself. Are there any router settings that can prevent this, or is the current software at fault here?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Domenik Bulut said:

Is there actually any router settings that I can make that are suitable for the router does not throw me in the middle of a game out of the game? Yesterday this happened exactly once. and the day before yesterday the router ran all day without kicking me out. So all my colleagues on Xbox live stay in the game and it just throws me off by itself. Are there any router settings that can prevent this, or is the current software at fault here?

What game are you playing? Is it Destiny by any chance? Strict Mode off should prevent that happening and is what we recommend for Destiny.

I play only Halo 5 and only pure Ping Filter.

I've done more tests and exhibited with all geofilter settings strict mode off auto ping off no added devices all off i mean And then it still happens the router throws me out of play in the middle of the game and everyone stays in the game except me.

The next time the router throws me out, I look at my monitor and look for something that's blocked

After This i give you new Information about This.

What i can say is that  i have no Persons on the Whitelist and no Persons on the Blacklist.

• Netduma Staff
21 hours ago, Domenik Bulut said:

The next time the router throws me out, I look at my monitor and look for something that's blocked

After This i give you new Information about This.

What i can say is that  i have no Persons on the Whitelist and no Persons on the Blacklist.

Alright keep us posted and we'll take it from there :)

Good morning have a tip 
 it may be helpful to you.
I think the ping assist doesn't work for some people because if you shrink the red circle as low as it goes and then puts it in the middle that the software doesn't accept the whole thing I had times since I did exactly the way you should do it  and it had worked after that but it never worked again so there would have to be a problem with accepting my input in the geofilter.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Domenik Bulut said:

Hello Netduma Team I See you bring a new Update for the xr 500. Nice good Job i will tested soon.

I read Something about the Milestone 1.4 coming soon ?

Is that right ?

We will be sharing with you our plans for 1.4 this week. Please look out for this post on our forum.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:14 PM, Domenik Bulut said:

Good morning have a tip 
 it may be helpful to you.
I think the ping assist doesn't work for some people because if you shrink the red circle as low as it goes and then puts it in the middle that the software doesn't accept the whole thing I had times since I did exactly the way you should do it  and it had worked after that but it never worked again so there would have to be a problem with accepting my input in the geofilter.

If you could share a video of this happening that would be really helpful. Thanks.

900740501_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.ab7dc94c726d9b1e26e967d3010c9720.png900740501_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.ab7dc94c726d9b1e26e967d3010c9720.pngHello Alex the Router kicks me out of the game in the middle of the game. I have done a Factory reset after the new Firmware which is

Firmwareversion V2.3.2.56

The last news after kicking me out of the game i send you now.

[DumaOS] R-App store cloud sync failed, Tuesday, August 20, 2019 00:35:49

[DumaOS] HTTP download failed with code '404', Tuesday, August 20, 2019 00:35:49

My Geofilter Sttings while this happen

I believe that these errors are unrelated to you getting kicked out of the game. We are aware of the errors you're talking about and we're working to fix them.

I would recommend enabling strict mode, disabling fast search, and moving your ping assist up a bit.

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 157.240.201.61, port 443, Wednesday, August 21, 2019 23:14:42
this was happen when the complete Internet goes down idont know why i know this because my family say to my no internet and also it kicks me out of the game and this was the last protokol that the router give me.

• Administrators

You getting kicked out in the middle of the game may be because the host/server switches and then you're unable to connect to it because your Geo-Filter settings are so restrictive. Change your Geo-Filter settings to use the radius on land and raise the PA to about 50ms and see if that stops. The IP from that entry is from Facebook so very unlikely to have caused that.

ping assist is for my important because it doesnt matter where you are  located in the world.

when i use land (strict mode ) the game sometimes do not start matchmacking

The Game often Starts only when the Radius is about 10.000 km then i need Eu Server and also American Server.

But i had Bad experience with using the geofilter Radius. The Game do Not Start Bad Connection. 

The Pure Ping Filter is the new Future. In my Opinion.

But for People that only need a small Radius of the Geofilter it is good for These guys.

Also i can tell you that the Connection is better with Pure Ping Filter because it is more Effektiv 

When you using the Geofilter with the Radius that you prefare 2000-3000km is ok Sometimes.

And i can tell you on the old Firmware before the 56. comes out i Tested a Big Radius about 10.000km  of the Geofilter and 50 Ping Assist.

And what happen it throws me out of the Game.