how do youtubers get such clean connections like this?

bbursley

They play HOURS everyday for 10-20mins of gameplay to post. They definitely do not do what you see consistently every game. They get the sweat lobbies, the laggy lobbies, they get it all just like we do. Maybe not as often but it happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

In my lobbies there is no players below level 100, 50% of my lobbies have players with Damascus camo, dropshotting jumping bla bla bla.

And here is the YT content creators playing against enemies that don't shoot back, are level 11 and play like total morons. These are the same content creators that are PAID by activision to attend their events etc.

Makes you think. (give you a hint, mutual interests....)

4 hours ago, Bert said:

In my lobbies there is no players below level 100, 50% of my lobbies have players with Damascus camo, dropshotting jumping bla bla bla.

Same.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, RiotControll said:

If they would play on my VDSL 50/10 connection they wouldn't get anything. Trust me. I know definitely the difference between a good connection and a bad connection to the server. You are a step ahead and these people are always a step ahead. Also the aim assist works better with a good connection than a bad connection.

You are 100 percent correct. Let me just add a few stuff to this topic. I myself have been on the bad side of lag compensation for the most part of my "COD career". But I have occasionally been on the good side of lag compensation. The difference is beyond surprising, and let me tell you why. When you are on the good side of lag, you are essentially superman fighting against a bunch of untrained scrubs. One day, COD for some reason put me on the good side of lag and I ended up scoring 5 nuclears with 2 nuked outs in FFA (BO2). I NEVER performed like that before. It literally came out of nowhere. And guess what, my good time was cut short and I went back to the bullshit (although maintaining good stats because of my excellent game sense). Lag compensation is not a bad thing necessarily, but the developers of this shitty game tweaked it so where people with too good of connections are punished and delayed heavily to allow those with terrible pings have a more fair experience while playing. Smart business move by Activision. See, this all started with MW3. Before that game, COD was basically this - "Best connection wins! Bad connections are unfortunate!". Then the developers changed it to where people with god-tier internet had their packets delayed to the servers on purpose to support those unfortunate enough to buy good internet services. They did this to keep players with bad connections from quitting their games. Now with that said, this doesn't necessarily means that you should throttle your speeds to low levels to regain control of your delayed packets/ticks. Players with bad connections are still delayed to the servers. You either have to live RIGHT BY THE SERVERS (like down the street) or do what most of these Youtubers do, propose a deal with activision to have their connections sync up well with their severs. Why do you think they get flew out to test new CODs before they drop? They are all buddies.

And please, don't bother feeding into these companies like NETGEAR claiming that they can destroy lag for you; it's not happening. They are promoting the xr500 right now by telling people that QOS is the ultimate lag buster LOL. Bunch of bologna. That router will do nothing for you but waste your money. Trust me, I have tried it. Downgrading your upload and download speeds will do nothing to your experience in the game in terms of lag compensation. 

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 8:28 AM, Bert said:

And here is the YT content creators playing against enemies that don't shoot back, are level 11 and play like total morons. These are the same content creators that are PAID by activision to attend their events etc.

Makes you think. (give you a hint, mutual interests....)

It's called reverse boost 100%. I don't watch YouTubers because its all fake, it looks go good in their videos but in a real lobby they are bots... Watch Dysmos videos on YouTube and when he's live on Twitch! Big difference ^^. When you watch some big twitch/youtubers when they are live have you noticed they are hidding the screen when they are searching for a match? Yeah busted...

• 6 months later...

If you can't get Fiber internet. Do what I do, Get a DSL Fiber to the Node for gaming at the lowest price. I have 25 down and 3 or so up, for me it's 45 CDN. and then get Cable internet as well for everything else.. I have 150 down and 15 up for 78 CDN.

Together that's cheaper than fiber for me.. Plus I can't even get Fiber.  When I stream even when I had 500 down and 20 up with cable for streaming and gaming. I had extra ping of around 5 to 10 ms  depending on the time of day and local congestion playing Overwatch on a dedicated server.  I had my Bandwitdh capped so I wasn't getting any bufferbloat and still got the extra ping.

Switching to a dedicated DSL line that has enough upload to game with has fixed that problem. Also anything can happen to the cable internet latency wise and it doesn't effect my game play.

As long as you have enough Cable upload to stream it works great.. I was using 75 down and 10 up, for cable but decided to pay the the extra 9 dollars for faster downloading of games.

Depending on the country you are in, DSL fiber to node (FTTC) and cable internet are not that much different.

In denser populations they use something called Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) this means that only the last bit to the local node is coax. Similar to FTTC. DSL and cable are just connecting mediums.

Both share the same drawbacks. In both FTTC and HFC uptream is limited by channel bandwidth. For FTTH GPON fiber this is not an issue as there is no technical limitations to upstream.

For me my Fiber to the Node only has 6 up. so I can't stream and game, also I still get a ping increase when streaming with FTTN even only using 3 megs per second.

For me my DSL has a lower ping  to the Chicago Overwatch server than cable.. by 10 ms without streaming. on the cable.

So splitting up the streaming on cable and gaming on DSL gives me the best experience with no headaches

Both together are cheaper than Fiber to the home, Which I can't get anyway as it's not built into my area.. I live just North of Toronto a heavily populated area. but can't get it.

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, jdmefsir said:

You cant tell me that someone who is under a 1.0 kd would do this well on better equipment. Videos are different from live streams. Some guys put in hours for a good video while others stream everything and you can see they are still just as good. 

It's an old thread, but that's exactly what I'd tell you. Try gaming with 1km of copper between you and your exchange cabinet and tell me otherwise and it's 60's era copper too with splice repairs BTW.

1 hour ago, Unfinished said:

It's an old thread, but that's exactly what I'd tell you. Try gaming with 1km of copper between you and your exchange cabinet and tell me otherwise and it's 60's era copper too with splice repairs BTW.

This