how do youtubers get such clean connections like this?

bbursley

I have been watching Optic Spratt (hes from the UK). No matter where this dude plays cod he ALWAYS has the most insane connection I have ever seen. While everyone complains bo4 isn't consistent, this dude is practically playing bots. I don't get it...

• Netduma Staff

There's a few factors - the first is they tend to have a lotta' money, so can get the best ISP related equipment / other network equipment. They need it to make a living; can't have the stream buffering etc, so they take it very seriously.

The second is that these guys will lag as well, but the best videos they put out won't be their laggy footage. They have the ability to select what you see, so viewers think their connection is literally flawless when the reality might be very different.

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

There's a few factors - the first is they tend to have a lotta' money, so can get the best ISP related equipment / other network equipment. They need it to make a living; can't have the stream buffering etc, so they take it very seriously.

I call this nonsense. Why should an ISP give you better related equipment to you than to a large corporation with over 10000 employes? The equipment will be same. I mean here are people with gigabit fiber optic and they still struggle. The buzzword is peering & routing of the ISP. The less hops you need to the server the better you'll perform.

BO4

EPks0dH.png

Battlefield 1

RHCPCXP.png

Guess which game performs better?

8 minutes ago, nunogsm said:

sprat is my psn friend, sometimes we team up, and we also have bad games. 

My bad I misinterpreted it but I've seen streamers who constantly deliver good gameplay. They only have shitty games when they jerk around.

18 hours ago, progprogprog said:

Tmemory is the best I've seen for consistency 

I've watched his streams many times. The only time he quits matches is when they're really laggy and he gets BS deaths. Other than that he doesn't lobby shop like alot of YT's and as for his connection, I believe he's still only using BT Home Hub as he stopped using the Duma R1 back on IW.

they get these videos because they are just that dam good. I have the best equipment available internet wise gigabit internet (1000 up and down) Fiber. XR500 router and a modem that can handle it all. 

I hold a pretty decent k/d and do really well on blackout but some of these guys are just that dam good. 

You cant tell me that someone who is under a 1.0 kd would do this well on better equipment. Videos are different from live streams. Some guys put in hours for a good video while others stream everything and you can see they are still just as good. 

48 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Not at all. I have a good connection to the game... do I get constant nukes? No.

If I were to post these kinda gameplays like they so, I'd be posting once every 2 months lol.

Ok. Noticed. What‘s your kd?

1 hour ago, RiotControll said:

Ok. Noticed. What‘s your kd?

Around 2.2... Actual, not EKIA. Point is I don't go on high kill runs that often, only hit 70 twice in hundreds of matches.

If I played against alot of these YTers, I'd get destroyed! I don't have good reactions or reflexes.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, RiotControll said:

Bullshit, skill is long ago gone in COD. COD is very connection depending. If someones server sync is better than yours, no matter what you'll lose the gunfights all day long.

Facts. When I used to get host on call of duty ghosts it was so unfair for everyone else. I actually got banned for a week because so many people reported me (and I never had a Jtag either) or any other way of cheating. I just got host a lot. Due to that I had the best connection of anyone else. I would literally murder people like it was nobody’s business. I would loop streaks so often people rage quit. My kid was and still is well over a 3 and I don’t even get host anymore. When I had good lobbies in black ops 2 same deal, it would literally rain streaks so bad people just had to leave. So I’d wait to use my streaks again and guess what? Surprise! Out come all those streaks I saved up still. Even on black ops 3 now I’m still getting 30-50 kills a match. What’s inconsistent is the Netduma. But also it’s fair to argue those 3 bar players are annoying too. Connections definitely matter. Routing matters. But the point is how many people have connections like that? Spratt had that same connection in the UK and he has it anywhere he goes. I’m not saying those guys never have bad games, but it’s crazy when most people who are beasts are still struggling. Also it’s true that ping is kind because I’ve lost so many gunfights to trash players simply because my bullets were just hitmarkers and theirs were not. Connection is absolutely an advantage. 

But again, those players can’t even respond to his shots, I saw this with another faze member as well. I mean it’s like they play bots, maybe they get host? Idk but can you imagine how smooth that connection would have to be for every single player in the lobby to hardly even be able to react to anything you do? Not just one, but all of them lol. That’s like unheard of, even themarkofj doesn’t get that lucky, I’ve always seen his gameplays where he has lobbies like that and since bo4 I haven’t seen him have many of those. I would totally pay extra money for better routing if an ISP ever was willing to, but how can you even make that happen? 

On 4/14/2019 at 9:29 PM, N3CR0 said:

Around 2.2... Actual, not EKIA. Point is I don't go on high kill runs that often, only hit 70 twice in hundreds of matches.

If I played against alot of these YTers, I'd get destroyed! I don't have good reactions or reflexes.

You are above the average player but your connection is not top notch but it's definitely enough to destroy a lot of the youtubers. Most of them will leave after some painful deaths. Like I said these MarkOfJ/Swagg/Korean Savage/Tmemory have a connection advantage. That's why they are so good. Do you think they would perform on the same level on an average or worse connection? Definitely not.

2 hours ago, RiotControll said:

You are above the average player but your connection is not top notch but it's definitely enough to destroy a lot of the youtubers. Most of them will leave after some painful deaths. Like I said these MarkOfJ/Swagg/Korean Savage/Tmemory have a connection advantage. That's why they are so good. Do you think they would perform on the same level on an average or worse connection? Definitely not.

SeanEDawgs was a great player, had hundreds of nukes on IW and I saw him play on some of the shittiest, laggiest internet and still get nukes.

Skill still comes into it. Excellent connection or not, if I ran at the enemies spawn, I would be lucky to kill one player, let alone 3-4 like TMem does.

9 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

SeanEDawgs was a great player, had hundreds of nukes on IW and I saw him play on some of the shittiest, laggiest internet and still get nukes.

Skill still comes into it. Excellent connection or not, if I ran at the enemies spawn, I would be lucky to kill one player, let alone 3-4 like TMem does.

If they would play on my VDSL 50/10 connection they wouldn't get anything. Trust me. I know definitely the difference between a good connection and a bad connection to the server. You are a step ahead and these people are always a step ahead. Also the aim assist works better with a good connection than a bad connection.

12 hours ago, bbursley said:

But again, those players can’t even respond to his shots, I saw this with another faze member as well. I mean it’s like they play bots, maybe they get host? Idk but can you imagine how smooth that connection would have to be for every single player in the lobby to hardly even be able to react to anything you do? Not just one, but all of them lol. That’s like unheard of, even themarkofj doesn’t get that lucky, I’ve always seen his gameplays where he has lobbies like that and since bo4 I haven’t seen him have many of those. I would totally pay extra money for better routing if an ISP ever was willing to, but how can you even make that happen? 

MarkofJ is a bullet sponge. Quite often I see in his videos he's getting shot by more than one player at the same time yet their bullets do little damage to him.

Just now, N3CR0 said:

MarkofJ is a bullet sponge. Quite often I see in his videos he's getting shot by more than one player at the same time yet their bullets do little damage to him.

Yea typically he is, I mean to say the only game thats given him the most trouble so far has been bo4 of any. I just dont understand how these people get so fortunate to obtain these connections. I mean he obviously does have fiber, most any of them that can get that connection to a game do. 

1 hour ago, RiotControll said:

If they would play on my VDSL 50/10 connection they wouldn't get anything. Trust me. I know definitely the difference between a good connection and a bad connection to the server. You are a step ahead and these people are always a step ahead. Also the aim assist works better with a good connection than a bad connection.

I'm not saying they don't have advantage due to connection. I'm saying that skill is still involved. You can have the best connection in the world but if you can't aim for shit and your reactions are rubbish, you're not gonna get anywhere. I don't even know how I ever played CoD without Kontrol Freaks. My aim is still not that great but the difference between using KF's and not is night and day.

But like, Spratty is clearly being shot at and the bullets are basically going around him like this is the Matrix or something. If I ran into four people the way he did, hell even two people, chances of me getting both of them are highly unlikely. For him these people are like bots. Yes he is a skilled player clearly since the lack of aim assist makes it so you HAVE to hit your shots on your own 100%, but that aside, hes clearly way ahead of the other players, or more so they are behind. But even them being behind in real time doesn't cause him to lag and die to nonsense. For most people it would, its almost as if hes avoided any excess lag compensation on himself from the enemy team.

2 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Yea typically he is, I mean to say the only game thats given him the most trouble so far has been bo4 of any. I just dont understand how these people get so fortunate to obtain these connections. I mean he obviously does have fiber, most any of them that can get that connection to a game do. 

He's said in many videos that the server is basically in his back garden. I'm assuming he has FTTP 1g/1g and his base ping is 1-2ms.

I thought I once heard him say he uses a Netduma R1. I could be wrong though.

Also, you say Netduma is causing inconsistency but EliteShot uses one and seems to have little trouble getting consistent matches.

1 minute ago, bbursley said:

But like, Spratty is clearly being shot at and the bullets are basically going around him like this is the Matrix or something. If I ran into four people the way he did, hell even two people, chances of me getting both of them are highly unlikely. For him these people are like bots. Yes he is a skilled player clearly since the lack of aim assist makes it so you HAVE to hit your shots on your own 100%, but that aside, hes clearly way ahead of the other players, or more so they are behind. But even them being behind in real time doesn't cause him to lag and die to nonsense. For most people it would, its almost as if hes avoided any excess lag compensation on himself from the enemy team.

The amount of times I've seen 2-3 players in Dom sitting on a flag not facing me and thought easy double/triple... Its 50/50 if I even kill one of them. I remember back in MW3, I could mow down 5-6 players sitting on a flag with an LMG. Wish I still could lol.