Just upgraded filtering or spectating for fifa ping assist ?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, funnellboi said:

As title says, for FIFA i  want to use ping assist rather than the geo filter, do i set it to filter mode ? do i just make the search world wide and just ping like 30mS?

Hi - if you set the filter to cover the whole map, that would let you connect anywhere in the world. It'd be like having your Geo-Filter turned off, so don't do that! :)

Instead, set your distance slider to the smallest value, then place your home location in the middle of the sea (anywhere). That does the opposite - now, instead of filtering by distance, you'll filter purely based on Ping Assist.

I'd recommend using Ping Assist at 50ms if you can't find games easily on 30ms. I hope this helps :)

100% working and can confirm what Netduma Jack said above. My mate who owns my old Xr500 said this is working perfectly for him. 5 bars connection when playing fifa now . Proves he getting connected to low ping players .... 

I use this as well and gets low ping games but it does seem to connect to servers on the West Coast of America (or so the map shows) but ping of about 20ms. Are the server locations not right? if the server locations arent right then it kind of makes GEO filter a bit useless?

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Mackam said:

I use this as well and gets low ping games but it does seem to connect to servers on the West Coast of America (or so the map shows) but ping of about 20ms. Are the server locations not right? if the server locations arent right then it kind of makes GEO filter a bit useless?

Some servers are mislocated at the moment since there's maintenance going on. It's only temporary though :)
Location doesn't really matter when you have Ping Assist - just use that with the setup I suggested above and you'll find the best server possible no matter where it's located. It's the complete opposite of useless!

On 12/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hi - if you set the filter to cover the whole map, that would let you connect anywhere in the world. It'd be like having your Geo-Filter turned off, so don't do that! :)

Instead, set your distance slider to the smallest value, then place your home location in the middle of the sea (anywhere). That does the opposite - now, instead of filtering by distance, you'll filter purely based on Ping Assist.

I'd recommend using Ping Assist at 50ms if you can't find games easily on 30ms. I hope this helps :)

Thanks for that, i set my ping on 20ms and i get the same server over and over in fifa and i get perfect gameplay.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hi Jack

I tried this even with ping on 100ms and i get "no opponents found" https://gyazo.com/c50a401dc7b027542d4b53609a78f0a1 have i got the correct settings on. it seems that it is trying to use the geo filter and not ping.

• 8 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 5:56 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hey so your saying it doesnt matter what your home location is? I just bought the router and setting it up in a few days i dont want to have these problemas as I had ping problems before on my old router? So I live In Canada, Ontario, I believe the closest server to me is california, what is the best option for me to do? If I made my radius only 500-1000km in Ontario is that a problem or do I do exactly what you said in that post? does this mean home location doesnt matter that much?

Your home location is the centre of the radius. You can put your home wherever you want, but of course matches closer to your house will usually be less laggy.

You can also use the Geo-Filter to only play with people from a specific area. For example if you're away studying in another country but you still want to play with people from your home country.

What was suggested above was putting the radius in the ocean, blocking ALL connections. This would usually be a stupid idea if not for Ping Assist, which allows you to let servers through your block but ONLY if their ping is lower than the number you set. This is designed to be used in conjunction with a radius around your house but can also be used on it's own if you put the radius in the ocean.