XR500 upload bufferbloat.

3 minutes ago, Mement said:

regarding the hg12

Did you

Enable lan 2 as its disabled by default i think

when you connected over ethernet did you set static IP address on your pc within the 192.168.1.?  range

Try delete browser cookies

Try a different browser

yes set it in IV4P? and ill have a go tomorrow on deleting cookies and trying a different browser. 

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Mement, does upload successfully throttle when using QoS? If not do you use IPv6, VLAN or PPPoE?

Yes upload throttles when using QOS

IPv6 disabled 

Yes my connection is PPPOE

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Mement said:

Yes upload throttles when using QOS

IPv6 disabled 

Yes my connection is PPPOE

Okay sounds like it'd be working then if it throttles.

Can you follow this guide please to see if you can find a % best for you http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay sounds like it'd be working then if it throttles.

Can you follow this guide please to see if you can find a % best for you http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Please read my earlier response

ps. i sent you a message also on saturday could you send me a message in response to that 

i also have the xr500 and the same issues when "caccoon cam" (a video baby monitor) is on and uploading its only about 2 meg a sec up and i have 200 down 11 up, but it causes my games to be almost unplayable because of client side lag. as soon as i turn off the monitor problem goes away, and yes i have tried all the qos settings and anti bufferbloat. the problem seems to be a qos uploading bug giving the camera priority, even when i set my gaming pc to 100 on the qos unless i uncheck share excess bandwidth. (i have posted on this on netgear forum, but didnt really get anywhere with any solutions being offered besides check my line, i did, and its fine)

• Administrators
8 hours ago, blackshirt40 said:

i also have the xr500 and the same issues when "caccoon cam" (a video baby monitor) is on and uploading its only about 2 meg a sec up and i have 200 down 11 up, but it causes my games to be almost unplayable because of client side lag. as soon as i turn off the monitor problem goes away, and yes i have tried all the qos settings and anti bufferbloat. the problem seems to be a qos uploading bug giving the camera priority, even when i set my gaming pc to 100 on the qos unless i uncheck share excess bandwidth. (i have posted on this on netgear forum, but didnt really get anywhere with any solutions being offered besides check my line, i did, and its fine)

This is an unusual one. It's possible that it's being detected as a DumaOS Classified Game in Traffic Prioritization.

Try unchecking that option, Set Anti-Bufferbloat to Always and see if it improves. I also recommend setting Upload on Anti-Bufferbloat to about 60% instead of 70%.

One final question - is your gaming PC wired or wireless? It's possible the Monitors WiFi is interfering with your gaming if you're playing over WiFi too.

pc is wired, baby monitor was not, i thought maybe i was stressing the router to hard and wired the baby monitor as well with no improvement, normally there is the little red light that shows up in the qos settings if traffic is being prioritized correct? well i never see it lit up unless i have a game going.

btw i have no problems while gaming with 4k streaming going on or anything putting demand on the router, just when i have the constant upload, kinda like the original poster, he didnt fix his problem btw, he just brought another router... i dont think that is a very good soultion for a high end gaming router.....i am willing to be more people would have this problem if they needed to have a constant upload.. one more thing to note, this problem has persisted through all of the firmwares. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the info - the upload on the baby monitor, It’s very odd that just 2mbps is causing you problems as that’s not much bandwidth at all. How much bandwidth does it show it’s using on the Network Monitor?

I think your issue is probably unrelated to the others in this thread.  

It’s a good thing that it does not cause High Priority Traffic to light up - by default that should only be games (but you can add your own rules if you want to)

it bounces around 1-1.6, not trying to toot my own horn but im pretty good with tech, even have ccna 1-4 under my belt. i have tried to adjust every setting, even ones that wouldn't seem to help and have had no luck other than turning off excess sharing in combination with priority very low for the camera. and for example, i play a lot of league of legends, there is a 4 millisecond ping difference with it on and off, there shouldnt be any difference really, or maybe just one. i know 4 ms of ping shouldnt be noticeable, but i guess because its client side lag it makes the games feel terrible, like its adding and extra 80 ms or something. makes even simple things like point and click spells not cast.... kinda like the op was describing how he wasnt landing his shots.. when he was uploading to twich 

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, flexingjohn said:

i've have streamed using the  new R1 and been dong testing all week. i have now reached master prestige in BO4 and i can only say the game plays better on the R1 compared to the XR500

Would you say that's because of Ping Assist or other features coming to the XR500? Do you think you know what the cause is?

6 hours ago, blackshirt40 said:

it bounces around 1-1.6, not trying to toot my own horn but im pretty good with tech, even have ccna 1-4 under my belt. i have tried to adjust every setting, even ones that wouldn't seem to help and have had no luck other than turning off excess sharing in combination with priority very low for the camera. and for example, i play a lot of league of legends, there is a 4 millisecond ping difference with it on and off, there shouldnt be any difference really, or maybe just one. i know 4 ms of ping shouldnt be noticeable, but i guess because its client side lag it makes the games feel terrible, like its adding and extra 80 ms or something. makes even simple things like point and click spells not cast.... kinda like the op was describing how he wasnt landing his shots.. when he was uploading to twich 

One thing you could try (though I realise it might require the right timing) is taking the baby monitor out of the equation. What happens when you aren't uploading? Is your connection smoother etc? This could be a bug we could try to replicate and resolve, so any further info is welcome. I'd recommend running a Pingplotter test on a wired PC (if you're playing League of Legends on your PC, that PC would be perfect). Run one with the baby monitor running and without to see if there's something weird going on.

24 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Would you say that's because of Ping Assist or other features coming to the XR500? Do you think you know what the cause is?

Hi jack

i don't use the ping assist V2 feature. as i have mine set at 0 with strict mode on and Geo filter off. as some servers for me are showing up on the west coast of america with a ping around 10ms. and i've fount that server to be best ones.

i don't know the differences between the 2 hardware's but on the upload they are massively different. i wish i had more of a technical knowledge so i can give more information. but i know for "ME" the R1 is working perfectly and the XR500 wasn't.       

• Administrators
1 hour ago, flexingjohn said:

Hi jack

i don't use the ping assist V2 feature. as i have mine set at 0 with strict mode on and Geo filter off. as some servers for me are showing up on the west coast of america with a ping around 10ms. and i've fount that server to be best ones.

i don't know the differences between the 2 hardware's but on the upload they are massively different. i wish i had more of a technical knowledge so i can give more information. but i know for "ME" the R1 is working perfectly and the XR500 wasn't.       

Thanks for the extra info. If you set Ping Assist to about 20ms, and set your Geo-Filter in the Ocean so no land covers it, then you can guarantee that the server will always be below 20ms ping. It's up to you if you want to do that.

i can really only play when i do take it out of the equation(i block it in the device monitor and reactivate when im finished, i basically cant play if the baby is actually in bed sleeping because i need it on. i have done ping plotter and didnt notice a difference with it on and with it off.

when the baby monitor isnt uploading, everything is buttery smooth.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, blackshirt40 said:

i can really only play when i do take it out of the equation(i block it in the device monitor and reactivate when im finished, i basically cant play if the baby is actually in bed sleeping because i need it on. i have done ping plotter and didnt notice a difference with it on and with it off.

when the baby monitor isnt uploading, everything is buttery smooth.

Have you looked up the make of the monitor to see how much it requires? Then allocate that bandwidth to it. Also make sure it's not given the type of a console in device manager. When its using bandwidth do you notice High Priority Traffic updating quickly?

• 10 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 5:45 PM, flexingjohn said:

hi Duma Team 

since ive got this router back when it 1st came out in the UK. i can not get my upload buffer bloat to be stable and in the white i can get my download to be within milliseconds but not my upload?

I have BT internet with PPoE using the Super hub 6 and XR500 behind it. speeds are 80 down and 20 up. 

i have attached anti buffer bloat stages and 100% 90% 80% and 70%. i just can not work it out. 

have you guys any ideas?

kind regards john. 

70.PNG

80.PNG

90.PNG

100.PNG

I have this exact problem and it's frustrating because I spend a lot of money for false advertisement. I feel it in my gameplay and my dslreport says it, simple!!