QOS not working on Upload - PPPoE VLAN7 Telekom

Hello,

I just bought the XR500 to test it against my current asus 86u.

The most important function is not working with netduma... as the QOS Upload is not apllied. I set up everything correctly and at the moment there is only my LAN PC connected. (QOS set to always, bandwidth tried everything 10% 90% and so on). I tried it with 2 differenc NICs.

Maybe it has something to do with the PPPoE Connection of Deutsche Telekom? I have a Speedport Smart in Bridgemode (modem only mode) with the XR500 behind it. The VLAN7 tag is enabled on t he INTERNET as it is required from Deutsche Telekom.

Can you please help me? Otherwise it has to go back without even having a chance :((

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We're currently aware of QoS upload not working correctly with VLAN and are actively working on debugging the issue right now. When there is a fix available in a pre release firmware I'd be happy to provide it to see if it resolves your issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, lezzi said:

Well I would really like to buy one of your routers but not until this issues has been resolved. I will check back regularly.

Ok, understood. Feel free to contact us at any time to check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hmm very strange. As you say I think it might have something to do with the VLAN tags.

I'm going to get a more expert opinion on this to see if it's a known bug and to see if we can fix it.

It only occurs when used with VLAN tagging. 

When I set VLAN tags on a switch between my XR500 and fiber connection then it works no problem. Just for some reason my PS4 won't connect to online games I have not figured this out yet.

It's a Netgear S8000 switch set in 802.1Q mode. With basic port based 802.1Q I will get the network up and running, get my public IP but no game connection.

With Advanced mode and PVID set for my VLAN number I haven't been succesful yet. I might have to use another switch.

My original setup came with 2 separate routers, of which the first contains a IP bridge with the VLAN tag on port 4 (This is 2 WAN connections coming in over 1 fiber cable). When I use that QoS works no issue as well. It's just when I let the XR500 do the actual VLAN tagging it disables QoS on upload (right where you need it LOL)

It's a tradeoff really as I do seem to get slightly lower latency over the switch then over the IP bridge on the ISP's router. I am not really having congestion issues at the moment so can live without QoS but it's a core feature of this router so it should just work IMHO. A lot of folks nowadays are using fiber/PPPoE/VLAN so it's a huge drawback.