The Forum Has Been Upgraded!

Netduma Admin

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Zennon said:

It is looking real nice, I use a dark theme plugin for Waterfox so it is great, maybe add a dark theme for everyone that does not at sometime :)

Thanks Zennon! Let us know what you think of the theme we install today. 

3 minutes ago, Zennon said:

And the shoutbox will be making a return for people to ask for help in when they should make a post in the forum so they can be told to do so? 😂

😂 Think we need it in Big Bold Red Writing to notify people that this is a Shout box not a Support Box.

Just now, nfxcr3w said:

I think it was 😂 i do like the new notification on your desktop when someone replies to a post. Must needed feature for sure.

And the "somebody has replied to the post" you are in live pop up, no refresh needed is great.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zennon said:

And the shoutbox will be making a return for people to ask for help in when they should make a post in the forum so they can be told to do so? 😂

Ha! We will definitely be bringing the Shoutbox back. We will be moving the forum to a new server in the near future to minimise disruption we will be getting everything prepared on the new server, including installing plugins like Shoutbox, whilst keeping this current server online.

Once everything is looking good on the new server, we will point the domain name there.

Tl;dr - Shoutbox and all that jazz will be coming very soon.

The default text colour is white on a white background, so in messages the text is not visible unless highlighted. Very frustrating having to do this.

Dark Theme button selection needs to pop to the top of the page; not lurk at the bottom.

Tweak need though on colour for quote blocks; when it shows you (your screen name) as being quoted, your name is dark blue/red, and just blends in.

• Administrators

Apologies all - just realised this whole News & Announcements sub forum was preventing replies from members. Only admins, mods and one bespoke beta group could post for some reason. I thought it was odd that only mods and testers were replying!

I've fixed this mistake now.