Drift0r's Connection test video

EricSe7en

Drift0r uses the netduma in his latest video to show players he's connection to, the video is a good example of the information the netduma can provide you with, although it did raise a few questions in my mind.

First off, I'm using the netduma with my PS4 to play AW, in case that makes any difference to what I'm about to ask!

1) On my geo map, I've only ever seen red symbols/circles. In Drift0r's video he has yeallow circles, hosts he's connected to previously, and a white circle, which he said is Demonware's servers in Ireland. Why don't I see these, what magic is he using?

2) In the area where you can ping the other players connection, Drift0r has two additional options 'game server' and 'incorrect location', what are these? I want them!

I've had my netduma since Saturday and last night I played with a full party for the first time. Every players said that the connection was noticeably better, and I died less than I normally would, win/win! Thanks guys!

Drift0r uses the netduma in his latest video to show players he's connection to, the video is a good example of the information the netduma can provide you with, although it did raise a few questions in my mind.

First off, I'm using the netduma with my PS4 to play AW, in case that makes any difference to what I'm about to ask!

1) On my geo map, I've only ever seen red symbols/circles. In Drift0r's video he has yeallow circles, hosts he's connected to previously, and a white circle, which he said is Demonware's servers in Ireland. Why don't I see these, what magic is he using?

2) In the area where you can ping the other players connection, Drift0r has two additional options 'game server' and 'incorrect location', what are these? I want them!

I've had my netduma since Saturday and last night I played with a full party for the first time. Every players said that the connection was noticeably better, and I died less than I normally would, win/win! Thanks guys!

Admin mode lets you see more, but it's become useless now since we have server IDs where we post them here to be added to cloud updates.

Originally admin mode was used to report incorrect locations and dedicated servers so they can be added automatically to cloud updates.

1. If i am not wrong those thing are available in admin mode and they are just to improve overall locations for every body simply optimizing the cloud every body uses. This have absolutely no impact on a quality of connections you are getting etc. Pure optimization so that every body can use it.

2. Again those are admin mode tools witch again have no direct impact on a game play it self they are the just for pure optimization of regions so that when you jump on a game you don't have to deal with lobby booting long waiting times etc.

Again those tools have no direct impact on the game play itself etc. if you know what i mean.

Out of curiosity what firmware you are running on ???

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manualgive a read to the thing on a botom where it says Upgrade i think the lates Firmware is 1.03.4

If you don't want to connect to a particular server, manipulate the size and location of your geo-filter to avoid it. Note, you'll need to make sure strict is as well.

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that, although I was aware of Netduma when they first released the R1, it was Drift0r's video that finally convinced me to get off my butt and order one this week.

Next stupid question...

Is there any way of telling who's actually hosting in the game? What I'm currently doing it naming hosts as the top ranked player on the leaderboard at the end of the game (how else would they be so good, they must be host right? ;) )

And if i run into hosts I've already named, when I click on them will the name I originally gave them still be there? I don't think I've come across this yet?

• Netduma Staff

Next stupid question...

Is there any way of telling who's actually hosting in the game? What I'm currently doing it naming hosts as the top ranked player on the leaderboard at the end of the game (how else would they be so good, they must be host right? ;) )

And if i run into hosts I've already named, when I click on them will the name I originally gave them still be there? I don't think I've come across this yet?

The largest circle on the GeoFilter is the host. There is no actual way to tell who the payer in the lobby is though :)

If you click the host, enter a name then press update, the next time you come across that player (providing the IP hasn't changed) you will see that name again.

The largest circle on the GeoFilter is the host. There is no actual way to tell who the payer in the lobby is though :)

If you click the host, enter a name then press update, the next time you come across that player (providing the IP hasn't changed) you will see that name again.

Fantastic, thank you.

You guys are not only very clever, you're also very patient!

Driftor's starting to pump out content with the duma and that's great (about time) but damn he needs a map of the US.I couldn't help but laugh yesterday when JHub and him were saying they were playing on a dedi in Detroit (which is on the east side of the state) when they were playing on the Chicago dedi's (west side of the state) 80 miles from my house    :D

Next stupid question...

HI Eric, there's not any way to tell which player is associated with host or even any of the other circles in the lobby.  I think they do that to keep you from singling any certain person out.  

As for the naming thing, it's a good theory but keep in mind top player doesn't mean host necessarily.  Host does get host advantage if you're in a player lobby; but it all comes down to skill.  The host could be much less skilled than the person who wrecked the room.

Archived