Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

I have added two more ports at the end of this tutorial to cover the ports for Infinite Warfare as well. Just add these to the ports already forwarded.

Tonight I experienced a moderate Nat type after the latest update to Black Ops 3 and was struggling to join friends over the pond.

After a quick google I decided to try port forwarding. I have never had to do this before as UPNP seems to work fine for me but no amount of turning it off and on again was working for me.

After doing the following which took about 5 minutes I had open Nat again and went off to kick ass and take names with my American friends. :)

Giving PS4 a static IP address.And Port Forwarding for Black Ops 3.

To be able to Port Forward your Ports for the PS4 and Black Ops 3 you will need to give your PS4 a static IP address.
Fire up the PS4 and go to Settings on the XMB.

post-788-0-16137900-1462495446_thumb.jpg

Go to Network and View connection.

post-788-0-64689900-1462495602_thumb.jpg

Write down the IP address, Subnet mask Default gateway and Primary DNS.

Go back to settings and click on Set up Internet Connection.

post-788-0-91784400-1462495600_thumb.jpg

If at all possible make sure you are using an ethernet cable and select wired.

Select Custom

Then on the next screen select Manual.

Input the information you wrote down earlier, You don't really have to input a secondary DNS.

Click next, MTU select Auto, Proxy, select Do not use, Then Test connection.

post-788-0-77790600-1462495601_thumb.jpg

Now go to your R1 User interface and select Settings.

Go to UPNP and untick the box and click apply.

Next go to Settings, Port Forwarding.

You will be presented with a screen like below.

post-788-0-62863300-1462495444_thumb.jpg

Rule name, Call it what you like, I call all my simply PS4

Start port is 80, so we input 80 and end port is also 80.

Protocol is TCP and the IP address is the static address that you previously gave to your PS4.

Click add rule and do the same again for the next port.

The ports we need to forward are

TCP
80-80
443-443
1935-1935
3074-3074
and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are
3074-3074
3478-3480

9307-9308 (Thank you bigdog and A7)

Click Apply.

post-788-0-40061700-1462495445_thumb.jpg

This should have done all the forwarding needed to give you an Open Nat if you have been having issues.

Cheers.

Infinite Warfare ports are very similar.

Just add these to the port forwarding rules.

tcp and udp 3075 and 3076

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers mate, I just thought it sounds so daunting and complicated but if I can do it, I am sure with a simple guide with pictures, almost anybody could and it sorted my Nat out back to Open within 5-10 minutes so I could get back to kicking ass and taking names :)

Did you turn off the console? then when you unticked and re ticked did you refresh the UPnP page in between cycles on the duma? as it sticks and does not respond unless you refresh the page.

Hi Zennon, yes I followed every thread almost on here to get it to work including 5 minute power cycle of all equipment and nothing worked. I have had it before and the following day it was fine. Meh, bloody interweb. lol

You never believe me am going to create new thread how to port forwarding on R1 properly bcoz I don't know am having same issue my NAT type is open but game lag like crazy I never feel this kind of lag before even I've seprate connection for gaming only PS4 only connected to R1 no other devices

I stop playing after this new patch came bcoz of that horrible lag today I want to try port forward but so I thought I create new post ask how to do properly and suddenly saw this first in the table

Great guide with pic coz I shuffle that 3468-3469 it's coming in red so I thought it was wrong

BTW

Thanks for this guide Fraser also looked it means it was b good to try

I'll try tomorrow and let you know.....Thanks

Tonight I experienced a moderate Nat type after the latest update to Black Ops 3 and was struggling to join friends over the pond.

After a quick google I decided to try port forwarding. I have never had to do this before as UPNP seems to work fine for me but no amount of turning it off and on again was working for me.

After doing the following which took about 5 minutes I had open Nat again and went off to kick ass and take names with my American friends. :)

To be able to Port Forward your Ports for the PS4 and Black Ops 3 you will need to give your PS4 a static IP address.

attachicon.gifsettings.jpg

attachicon.gifviewstatus.jpg

attachicon.gifsetup.jpg

Select Custom

Input the information you wrote down earlier, You don't really have to input a secondary DNS.

attachicon.giftest.jpg

attachicon.gifr1_1.jpg

Protocol is TCP and the IP address is the static address that you previously gave to your PS4.

TCP

80-80

443-443

1935-1935

3074-3074

and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are

3074-3074

3478-3480

Click Apply.

attachicon.gifr1_2.jpg

This should have done all the forwarding needed to give you an Open Nat if you have been having issues.

Cheers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It seems that my misery has finally ended. Since about 2 months ago every so often my PS4 would connect to the internet, but it would not allow me to connect to PSN. Eventually it would work again, but then last week it was out for like 5 days. I said, "Screw this, it's gotta be the router." Netgear refused to help me so I finally switched to a Duma which I have been wanting to do for a while now. Got it Thursday and BAM, connected to PSN first try... but sadly the same issue happened again just Sunday, and then I found this post and I was able to sign in again! Thank you so much again!

attachicon.gifsetup.jpg

Select Custom

attachicon.giftest.jpg

attachicon.gifr1_1.jpg

TCP

80-80

443-443

1935-1935

3074-3074

and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are

3074-3074

3478-3480

Click Apply.

attachicon.gifr1_2.jpg

Cheers.

does not work for me on my xbox one when using all the appropriate ports needed for the xbone, however using upnp gives me "open nat" but when i go look at upnp i only see that 3074 teredo and 3075 for demonware port mapping are being used yet bo3 gives me open nat and so does my xbox. wtf is that all about? 

This worked for me too on PS4 with BO3 on the latest update.  

Fraser - I talked with many of my friends that use other routers and UPNP and still have open Nat types afer the update.  However, it seems that the R1 suffers from the BO3 update.  Any ideas why this may be happening?

attachicon.gifsetup.jpg

Select Custom

attachicon.giftest.jpg

attachicon.gifr1_1.jpg

TCP

80-80

443-443

1935-1935

3074-3074

and start 3478 End 3480

UDP ports are

3074-3074

3478-3480

Click Apply.

attachicon.gifr1_2.jpg

Cheers.

does not work for me on my xbox one when using all the appropriate ports needed for the xbone, however using upnp gives me "open nat" but when i go look at upnp i only see that 3074 teredo and 3075 for demonware port mapping are being used yet bo3 gives me open nat and so does my xbox. wtf is that all about? 

If you have open Nat you do not need to do this. These instructions are for the PS4.

Try google and have a look for instructions on how to do the port forwarding on the xbone. There may be different ways of getting a static ip address etc.

• Administrators

This worked for me too on PS4 with BO3 on the latest update.  

Fraser - I talked with many of my friends that use other routers and UPNP and still have open Nat types afer the update.  However, it seems that the R1 suffers from the BO3 update.  Any ideas why this may be happening?

I'll have a look and see if anything needs to be done.

I'll have a look and see if anything needs to be done.

i don't think it's an issue from the game.

Yesterday, i've played a little Black Ops 3 after the update and my nat was opened.

Starting to lose my mind with this game. Keep getting thrown into games where ping is jumping over 100ms ping assist is at 35ms get hit markers then die can not figure it out at all seem like I run a lot slower then everyone els in the game too any help please :( :s

If you get thrown into a game in progress try sticking it out till the end then play the next game and see what it's like.

I keep getting into lobbies with 6 people in the entire lobby and it does not fill up but hey ho.

• Administrators

i don't think it's an issue from the game.

Yesterday, i've played a little Black Ops 3 after the update and my nat was opened.

So are you using custom port forwarding or just UPnP on the duma?

Starting to lose my mind with this game. Keep getting thrown into games where ping is jumping over 100ms ping assist is at 35ms get hit markers then die can not figure it out at all seem like I run a lot slower then everyone els in the game too any help please :( :s

Ping assist only gets hosts outside your radius that are under the ping limit. You can still get games within your radius that are over that limit. 

Make sure all devices are connected to the duma. 70/70 anti-flood, console in hyper traffic. ~1000km radius, strict on, PA 0 and see how you go.

Archived