Version 1.03.2

Guest Netduma_Iain

A request that may sound silly to others but I can see it being a benefit.

How about the Congestion Control being exempt to 1 device on the network?

Example: Bandwidth is 100/40 and Congestion Control has Up and Down at 50%, give 1 device a bypass so they're not limited by the CC settings.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Example: Bandwidth is 100/40 and Congestion Control has Up and Down at 50%, give 1 device a bypass so they're not limited by the CC settings.

I may be wrong but if that was to happen and you started to download or upload heavily with the device that is exempt wouldn't that cause the network to become congested, rendering the anti flood useless?

Sharing excess to only one device would be the same as what your suggesting A7Legit i think would it Iain?

But i dont think it would be a good idea to do.

That defeats the whole pont of CC, if your bandwidth become saturated your game will lag.  One device saturating the bandwidth is the same as many devices saturating it. 

You may as well just leave the sliders at 100 it will have the same effect

Is it possible to have dual band wireless, so some things can be on the 2.4Ghz frequency and some can be on the 5Ghz?

I don't think 5Ghz is happening.  Limitations of the hardware if I remember correctly

• Netduma Staff

Is it not in wifi settings under bandwidth?

It is there but it doesn't exist - it needs removing :) The router only has a 2.4Ghz wireless transmitter so there is no way to transmit data over the 5Ghz frequency. If I remember correctly, it was added when they weren't sure what hardware they were going to use for the router. Since then it just hasn't been removed :)

It is there but it doesn't exist - it needs removing :) The router only has a 2.4Ghz wireless transmitter so there is no way to transmit data over the 5Ghz frequency. If I remember correctly, it was added when they weren't sure what hardware they were going to use for the router. Since then it just hasn't been removed :)

Ah ok thanks man :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for posting everyone. 

Its correct we can't do 5ghz. I will make sure to disable it in future updates.

Legit everyone else is correct, that suggestion would render anti-flood feature useless. You can achieve something similar by giving 100% anti-flood then giving the device 100% with share excess on. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Most updates recently have been focused on fine tuning cod. Its near optimum now, we just need to do sub packet analysis soon mate

• Netduma Staff

I cant upgrade my software.  I get the following error message:

Firmware is missing kernal, please upload a vaild firmware. 

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Sorted the issue in chat with 'Crozzy'. Fix was restarting the router and leaving it off for a couple of minutes :)

Archived