Version 1.03.2

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi everyone,

1.03.2 is out, to upgrade please follow the instructions here carefully.

Change log since 1.02.7

•   Fixed bandwidth form validation.
  •   Fixed floating point anti-flood bug.
  •   Removed obsolete non PA versions for playstation network & xbox live.
  •   Fixed remote access rule flushing.
  •   Fixed remote WAN Web access rule.
  •   Implemented wifi workaround for noisey areas.
  •   Implemented loading animation for slower pages.
  •   Implemented multiple support menu.
  •   Fixed pop out menu being clipped on smaller screens.
  •   Implemented VPN exception lists including DPP flows.
  •   Fixed autoping cookie.
  •   Fixed clock drift bootup VPN client disconnects.
  •   Migrated VPN config files to cloud for seamless provider integration.
  •   Implemented themes.
  •   Multiple style fixes.
  •   Allow two decimal points for setting bandwidth.
  •   Persist user settings using cookies.
  •   Toggle cookies.
  •   Toggle WAN Web access.
  •   Reload remote access when toggled.
  •   Added LAN & WAN MTU settings.
  •   Improved robustness of basic ping feature.
  •   Auto-ping host.
  •   Fixed occasional hidden ping graph bug.
  •   Allow forwarding DNS requests to public DNS servers
  •   More detailed geo-filter map with US & AUS states
  •   Factory reset sets wifi password to "netdumar1"
  •   Uncache services.json
  •   Render host IDs for fast geo-filter optimisation.
  •   Easy recover router on Windows.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Akic, hope you enjoy it.

Btw everyone you'll probably want to go to "Settings > Misc" and enable cookies. So it saves your geo-filter settings :)

Btw everyone you'll probably want to go to "Settings > Misc" and enable cookies. So it saves your geo-filter settings :)

That is a small but killer feature on its own, been looking forward to sticky settings

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Akic, at the moment cookies only apply to geo-filter. But most other pages save all the settings anyway.

I think only one that doesn't in bandwidth monitor, but that needs a revisist soon as we want long term bandwidth history as well soon.

Guest Netduma_Iain

The things console players will like is cookies, autoping and more detailed map.

However for me the best part of this update is the VPN exclude list. Traffic you trust can be excluded from the VPN. So the perfect use-case is: 

• CS:GO(or other PC game) is excluded meaning you don't get added latency of VPN and retain low ping
  • Twitch.tv stream is exclded meaning you don't have limited bandwidth of VPN can stream in HD

Meaning you get the DDoS protection(IP masking) while retaing the quality you're used to. Furhtermore if the VPN does disconnect your game & stream will remain online :D

Its even more advanced because it uses our deep packet processing engine which is completely unique to Netduma. Meaning classification is nearly 100% accurate, compared with port based classification which could mean:

• If server changes port it won't exclude the traffic
  • If client changes port it won't exclude the traffic
  • Worse yet if the DDoSer finds a way to use that port he will be able to get your IP

So you get simplicity in set-up as well as full protection.  This feature should be a big deal to PC gaming and in general to anyone who uses VPNs seriously.

Cheers Akic, at the moment cookies only apply to geo-filter. But most other pages save all the settings anyway.

I think only one that doesn't in bandwidth monitor, but that needs a revisist soon as we want long term bandwidth history as well soon.

Also fixed scale graphs please :)

Meaning you get the DDoS protection(IP masking) while retaing the quality you're used to. Furhtermore if the VPN does disconnect your game & stream will remain online :D

Wait a second, are you saying if I use a VPN but decide to exempt my game and twitch streaming that I'll get the benefit of my connection as it's exempt from the VPN but the IP will still be masked?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Absolutely for most PC games as they are exclusively dedicated servers so ONLY valve(or game developer) & twitch will know your IP and I assume you trust them.

Absolutely for most PC games as they are exclusively dedicated servers so ONLY valve(or game developer) & twitch will know your IP and I assume you trust them.

If you were a woman... Or if I were :D

*Fireworks*

OMG its even better :) first game i played was 15-18ms and played even better or is it just me, also the Auto-Ping is my favourite i cant tell you how many times ive died trying to ping a server LOL. Once again chaps I LOVE YOU ALL (no homo) :), are you sure this thing is legal. I feel so sorry for people who dont believe in this product or are just to stubborn to admit this is the biggest thing to happen to gaming IMO.  ps love the v2 theme <3

Archived