Version 1.03.2

Guest Netduma_Iain

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for all the kind words guys, we really appreciate it.

Chris I'm not sure about migration. On this new version you may want to play with autoping so you don't need to ping the host yourself. Also in "Settings > Misc" you probably want to enable cookies so it remembers your superficial settings :) 

Awesome now, where is this massive anouncement ;)

Sorry I just saw it on twitter! That is amazing, So proud that this start-up has gone so far already, Congrats Iain and the whole team, Now if you won what does that mean? what do u get

I'm afraid I seem to be getting more lag now especially the last 10 days which I did not previously experience. Not sure whether it's a coincidence but never hardly got lag with the previous version.

Since 1.03.2 I'm experiencing sometimes horrendous lag which I never used to get. This is for black ops 2 on PS3. I have left default settings as is.

The amount of times players leave halfway through game and it 'migrates host' is far too often. I thought playing on dedi servers meant this shouldn't matter?

Hopefully it's a setting I just need to change?

Iain you mentioned playing with autoping, It's currently ticked and from what I can see the only option is to tick/untick - what does this do please?

Any advice would be appreciated

This is by far one of the most major updates Netduma has seen. It's great to see what lovely commitment Netduma have and how the go the extra mile to produce such high quality updates.

I think this update is going to be the game changer once people learn about the new features which have just been released.

Keep up the good work!

Hi. I'm pretty confident most of my settings are optimum. Congestion control I prioritise the PS3 to around 50% when playing and there is only 1 other device connected via wifi at that time.

I have ping assist to 50 ms and distance around 650km.

Can someone please explain when/or how I get connected to dedicated servers. Is that all the time or just some of the time?

I just need to understand why in quite a few games why it will come up with the message 'migrating hosts' and sometimes disconnects from the server and the lobby. 

I thought this was when a player leaves who is host but how can that be if I'm connected to a dedicated server?

Should I untick Auto ping perhaps? do most people have this ticked?

Sorry for all the questions but I just need to understand if I'm doing something wrong here.

Just want to say I really appreciate all the hard work the Netduma team are doing and all are doing a great job, I just don't quite understand why I'm getting disconnected so often when I have left settings alone. 

Make sure you have "share excess" clicked.  I assume you have the upload "flower" set at 50% so the other device is set @ 50% as well.

PA @ 50ms seems like a good number.  If you find matches quickly then distance on your geo filter seems good as well.  

When you first start AW, when it says "Fetching Profile", AW is testing your connection to see if you are eligible to connect to deid servers.  if you have a poor connection you will not be able to connect to deid servers until you quit AW and then when you log back on AW will check you connection again.  All deid servers are "white listed" meaning no matter what settings you use, if deid servers want you to connect with them, you will.  Deid servers are recognized because there is no update option in host description. (I might be wrong on this if you have strict mode enabled or if you started game with geo filter enabled during AW start up)

first you connect to the host of the lobby, then when match starts you are transferred to the deid server.  if during the match you change settings to where your lobby host no longer qualify to be your host, you will either go through host migration or be kicked.

See above answer

I usually leave it un-ticked, but only because there are about three deid servers I can connect to and I know what my ping times are.  if I'm trying to ping other host/players in the lobby, sometimes the auto-ping will automatically start checking ping to deid server while i'm trying to ping other players, so I chose to turn it off.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Caldera,

Chris in future mate please start a new thread we like to stay on topic.

You can tell you are on a dedicated server because there is no update button on the host descriptor box. If you are getting host migration you are probably not on one. The reason you get kicked is because the host quit and reselects someone who is out of your filter. If you want to stay in game & don't mind taking a bad host(out of your filter) then just disable the filter when the game starts then reenable. Personally I'd rather just set my filter at what connections are acceptable to me, if there is a host migration I'd probably rather not play on a bad host. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks Iain/Caldera

Yes I have share excess ticked. Flower is 50% console PS3 then 17% each for tablet, ipad and pc [only ipad & tablet on while gaming].

This is for Black ops2 not AW. Cheers for explaining I'll toggle with auto ping.

Ok in future I'll start a new thread.

Just went to update today (this being my first update since having the R1 for about 2 months) and it updated to 1.02.7. I tried to update again and the loading bar pops up but nothing happens. The link you provided for the instructions doesn't work for me either.

• Netduma Staff

Just went to update today (this being my first update since having the R1 for about 2 months) and it updated to 1.02.7. I tried to update again and the loading bar pops up but nothing happens. The link you provided for the instructions doesn't work for me either.

The reason you can't use the link is because the Netduma Servers are been migrated - none of the external links to the Netduma site are working on the forums :( What do you mean by "the loading bar pops up"? Which firmware are you trying to upgrade to? :)

Hi everyone,

1.03.2 is out, to upgrade please follow the instructions here carefully.

Change log since 1.02.7

•   Fixed bandwidth form validation.
  •   Fixed floating point anti-flood bug.
  •   Removed obsolete non PA versions for playstation network & xbox live.
  •   Fixed remote access rule flushing.
  •   Fixed remote WAN Web access rule.
  •   Implemented wifi workaround for noisey areas.
  •   Implemented loading animation for slower pages.
  •   Implemented multiple support menu.
  •   Fixed pop out menu being clipped on smaller screens.
  •   Implemented VPN exception lists including DPP flows.
  •   Fixed autoping cookie.
  •   Fixed clock drift bootup VPN client disconnects.
  •   Migrated VPN config files to cloud for seamless provider integration.
  •   Implemented themes.
  •   Multiple style fixes.
  •   Allow two decimal points for setting bandwidth.
  •   Persist user settings using cookies.
  •   Toggle cookies.
  •   Toggle WAN Web access.
  •   Reload remote access when toggled.
  •   Added LAN & WAN MTU settings.
  •   Improved robustness of basic ping feature.
  •   Auto-ping host.
  •   Fixed occasional hidden ping graph bug.
  •   Allow forwarding DNS requests to public DNS servers
  •   More detailed geo-filter map with US & AUS states
  •   Factory reset sets wifi password to "netdumar1"
  •   Uncache services.json
  •   Render host IDs for fast geo-filter optimisation.
  •   Easy recover router on Windows.

the link is not working for me please fix i got 1.02.7 i notice on a video theres 1.03.1 and 1.03.2 and i didnt know about it, thank you

Archived