Version 1.03.2

Guest Netduma_Iain

Never realized l*gb*ster had such a feature, makes me wonder why it isn't banned or seen as an advantage by big players/companies

agreed! he clearly says its an advantage! lets hope something similar is achievable with the R1 :)  

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never realized l*gb*ster had such a feature, makes me wonder why it isn't banned or seen as an advantage by big players/companies

Saw your bunch of comments and also saw the video about this so called l*gb*ster I don't want to bash something I never used myself but that product seemed rather shady. First problem I noticed is this guy is showing clips of him having lag (rubberbanding around) and telling that that is lag compensation which it is NOT lag compensation is when you actually don't have the rubberbanding even when your connection is dodgy sometimes. You see it in new call of dutys there is a lot more less rubberbanding than before (doesnt mean I like or endorse lag compensation). lag compensation is when you get one shot when your not weak and stuff like that it will make you feel powerless in some situation where you should have won and lag compensation basically enhances ping so that all player have almost the same ping which should make the battlefield more even (good aka bad connections)  I think it works based on the servers tickrate at any rate im not a pro I know the rough concept of lag compensation if you want more details ask Ian. On AW it's a lot less proeficient than on bo2 at least that is the feel I get from playing both games,  someone who can't make a difference between lag and lag compensation can't make you a not biased review. he's so called review is ****. Second thing I noticed is that the video cllips used in the video of the l*gb*ster as proof seems pretty fake especially when he shoots on the guy who doesnt die I think it wasn't from lag but because it was an npc or something like that well anyway I would not recomend this it seems rather shady to me. Just looking at the guy presenting it you feel somtehings off there, the guy presenting it doesnt believe in it he just smells fake. 

my two cent's about this. 

Saw your bunch of comments and also saw the video about this so called l*gb*ster I don't want to bash something I never used myself but that product seemed rather shady. First problem I noticed is this guy is showing clips of him having lag (rubberbanding around) and telling that that is lag compensation which it is NOT lag compensation is when you actually don't have the rubberbanding even when your connection is dodgy sometimes. You see it in new call of dutys there is a lot more less rubberbanding than before (doesnt mean I like or endorse lag compensation). lag compensation is when you get one shot when your not weak and stuff like that it will make you feel powerless in some situation where you should have won and lag compensation basically enhances ping so that all player have almost the same ping which should make the battlefield more even (good aka bad connections) I think it works based on the servers tickrate at any rate im not a pro I know the rough concept of lag compensation if you want more details ask Ian. On AW it's a lot less proeficient than on bo2 at least that is the feel I get from playing both games, someone who can't make a difference between lag and lag compensation can't make you a not biased review. he's so called review is ****. Second thing I noticed is that the video cllips used in the video of the l*gb*ster as proof seems pretty fake especially when he shoots on the guy who doesnt die I think it wasn't from lag but because it was an npc or something like that well anyway I would not recomend this it seems rather shady to me. Just looking at the guy presenting it you feel somtehings off there, the guy presenting it doesnt believe in it he just smells fake.

my two cent's about this.

I think your a little confused as to why I posted this, it was not to show a product off to get people interested, it was making a point that he clearly is saying an advantage and if there product is not banned why can we not have the anti jitter dampening in putted into the R1. You may find it laughable and I to am very skeptical of it actually solving the issues in COD but honestly it was just so I could show Iain and ask why we may not see the feature of the anti jit.

Btw I think he may of polished his forhead ;P

Guest Netduma_Iain

Pro not to be a stickler I'm just saying its a preventive measure. But don't worry so much I'm going to do that burst/jitter analysis soon. 

I think your a little confused as to why I posted this, it was not to show a product off to get people interested, it was making a point that he clearly is saying an advantage and if there product is not banned why can we not have the anti jitter dampening in putted into the R1. You may find it laughable and I to am very skeptical of it actually solving the issues in COD but honestly it was just so I could show Iain and ask why we may not see the feature of the anti jit.

Btw I think he may of polished his forhead ;P

If you say it like this I understand why you wrote about it. But still for all those who think that this l*gb*ster is maybe a good solution I don't think so and I wrote why in the other post. The only game it could help would be cod and I think it should be made the way that we can't alter it so it would not be cheating it would just be a feature that makes the game run more smoothly. If you give the possibilty to alter settings or to add this feature to let's say games which don't need it like cs go for example then that could be potentialy used to create an artificial advantage. 

If you say it like this I understand why you wrote about it. But still for all those who think that this l*gb*ster is maybe a good solution I don't think so and I wrote why in the other post. The only game it could help would be cod and I think it should be made the way that we can't alter it so it would not be cheating it would just be a feature that makes the game run more smoothly. If you give the possibilty to alter settings or to add this feature to let's say games which don't need it like cs go for example then that could be potentialy used to create an artificial advantage. 

Couldn't agree more.

• Netduma Staff

I was planning to upgrade to this version from version 1.02.7, but the instructions "here" give me a 404 page not found.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

You can use the link on this page: http://netuma.com/upgrade

Although it says it is the 1.02.6 version, the link to download the upgrade file has been updated to the latest version. Please remember to keep both the boxes ticked! :)

• Netduma Staff

Thanks, but I have a similar problem with that link as well. Says page not available.

Ok, you can download it from here: http://netduma.com/firmware/R1-v-1-03-2.sig

You need to go to the advanced upgrade part of the router and select the file that the link downloads.

When upgrading, you must keep both of the boxed ticked (preserve settings and check version).

Seen this video with the l*gb*ster and netduma r1 working together

I seem to get a lot of lag spikes going into gun fights.

But I got way more faith in the netduma guys than these, they look like frudulants lol. The netduma has still got so much more to give and in time I think it will just keep getting better with added features to help iron out issues with playing certain games.

Keeps me wondering how Iain will implement the anti-jitter/artificial delay now knowing that the l*gb*ster never got in trouble for it nor never been frowned upon in the community.

This is probably the most raved feature on these forums lol

Keeps me wondering how Iain will implement the anti-jitter/artificial delay now knowing that the l*gb*ster never got in trouble for it nor never been frowned upon in the community.

This is probably the most raved feature on these forums lol

If I could like this post more than once I would lol! You got my point of why I posted about the l*gb*ster in the first place! And let's be honest guys a feature like this truly would make the gaming experience perfect! :D

It's already been proven that Activision does not go after 'small fish', l*gb*ster is a great example still strong (supporting modern games) and purchasable.  

You're right but I think the netduma crew are aiming to be bigger than just small fish so are understandably wary.

No one in their right mind would go into business marketing a gaming router and piss off gigantic game publishers..  Any hope of growing beyond a niche product are dead at that point.

By small fish I was referring to people that add 1-4ms to their own ping to compensate with a long overdue issue, they understand why we need it.

Bigger fish are the ones profiting from exploits, like modding the systems the ones with Jtags and RGHs with kv's.. the people that can cause profit loss. We're asking for something small that has been done before without any issues.

By small fish I was referring to people that add 1-4ms to their own ping to compensate with a long overdue issue, they understand why we need it.

Bigger fish are the ones profiting from exploits, like modding the systems the ones with Jtags and RGHs with kv's.. the people that can cause profit loss. We're asking for something small that has been done before without any issues.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Red dont start this again.

I said I would do burst/jitter analysis. Just to be clear what I'm talking about is a solution no other company has done.

Archived