Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

Thank you for answering with this response"We couldn't access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub.". My setup is wall->bridged router/modem->netduma->all other devices, including an ASUS 5G wifi router.  How can i put the Netuma in the DMZ of the ASUS if the ASUS comes after the main netduma router?  obviously i am noob, with this, so would the DMZ be something i can still nominate on the main cable/modem/router even if it is bridge mode?  thank you ...!!!

I'm on version 1.03.03 and I'm hoping thats my problem because I'm not having a very good experience with the netduma right now. I've not seen a real difference in this router and my old one. 

Corey 

I'm on 1.03.03 and would like to upgrade. Ive not been having the best experience with the netduma. Its has its good days and bad days but average i don't see much of a difference. I'm hoping this upgrade will fix my problems. 

Thanks 

• Administrators

I have a lower version than the 1.03.5 I believe mine is still at 3.4 ; netduma support is ticked 

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

I just placed the Netduma into my routers DMZ, Sorry about that.

We couldn't access your router. Can you please remove UPnP & any port forwarding on the ISP hub please.

Please let me know what else I need to do.

We couldn't access your router. Can you please remove UPnP & any port forwarding on the ISP hub please.

Thank you for answering with this response"We couldn't access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub.". My setup is wall->bridged router/modem->netduma->all other devices, including an ASUS 5G wifi router.  How can i put the Netuma in the DMZ of the ASUS if the ASUS comes after the main netduma router?  obviously i am noob, with this, so would the DMZ be something i can still nominate on the main cable/modem/router even if it is bridge mode?  thank you ...!!!

If the bridged router is in modem mode that's fine. Can you please remove UPnP & any port forwarding on the ISP hub please.

I had a power outage before I was able to do the upgrade. Can you verify it is still good to go please? 

Thanks.

"Upgrade failed, exitcode 1", what do I do now?

Unplug the router for 5 minutes, then plug in and try again please.

I'm on 1.03.03 and would like to upgrade. Ive not been having the best experience with the netduma. Its has its good days and bad days but average i don't see much of a difference. I'm hoping this upgrade will fix my problems. 

Thanks 

We couldn't access your router. Can you please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ on the ISP hub please.

I have Netduma Router of version 1.03.3

Following are router details :

Model : RB951G-2HnD

FCC ID : TV7RB951G-2HND

4C : 5E : 0C : D6 : EA : 28

4C : 5E : 0C : D6 : EA : 2D

SN : 558004391AEC / 446

Please help me upgrade to latest version

cleardot.gif

Well I'm a bit lost with the terminology . I thought the bridged modem was the iSP hub . So if we're not talking about Netduma UPnP & port forwarding, then we are talking about the settings in the router that is downstream from the netduma? Sorry I'm not familiar with the jargon yet. Thank you

• Administrators

Is everything good a ready ? can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

I'm on 1.03.3 and would like to upgrade. 

I have Netduma Router of version 1.03.3

Following are router details :

Model : RB951G-2HnD
FCC ID : TV7RB951G-2HND
4C : 5E : 0C : D6 : EA : 28
4C : 5E : 0C : D6 : EA : 2D

SN : 558004391AEC / 446

Please help me upgrade to latest version
cleardot.gif

As I've said multiple times you are fine to upgrade. Please go to the first post. Download the upgrade and follow the instructions on how to upgrade.

Hi I was told to comment here before I upgrade to the latest firmware I am running R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd

Come on NetDuma, I posted on this forum before about needing help to upgrade as I am on version 1.03.3 and got no reply. I expected better customer service

If you look a page back I already responded saying you were fine to upgrade.

Well I'm a bit lost with the terminology . I thought the bridged modem was the iSP hub . So if we're not talking about Netduma UPnP & port forwarding, then we are talking about the settings in the router that is downstream from the netduma? Sorry I'm not familiar with the jargon yet. Thank you

It will go like this: 

Wall > ISP hub/modem/router > NETDUMA. 

Put the WAN IP from the duma device manager into the DMZ section on the ISP hub/modem/router. DMZ settings are usually found in Firewall/Security settings. Disable any UPnP/port forwarding on it as well.

Come on NetDuma, I posted on this forum before about needing help to upgrade as I am on version 1.03.3 and got no reply. I expected better customer service

Because they have already got you ready to upgrade and you didn't read the response, this is somehow bad customer service?   :rolleyes:

Perhaps our definitions differ greatly, but from my point of view it reads like this:  

You had one post, and it was addressed.  I'd say they were killing it in regards to your customer experience to be honest.  

Lag has been a huge problem for me since January, ive been advised to run a buffer bloat test, ive noticed a few issues there too i cant use the pre-pre-emptive algorithm at all no matter what cc settings i use i get bad result for buffer bloat, the reactive algorithm also provides questionable results aswell if any of the bars (download or upload) the result gives me a C/F for buffer bloat with spikes of up to 300 - 600ms which is really odd as i thought lowering bandwidth would mean no buffer bloat? A percentage above 75% for both down and up gives me better results being A or A+... Im wondering if anyone else if having the same issue or is there a glitch in the software? - ALSO ive noticed an issue when running a speed test on the ps4 i get a notification saying "router does not support packet fragmentation and network features on the ps4 may be restricted for details contact router manufacturer any advice guys?

We couldn't access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub.

I already have my WAN IP in the DMZ of my ISP hub. Any other reason why you wouldn't be able to access it? I also have UPnP disabled and no ports forwarded on my ISP router.