Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

• Netduma Staff

I already have my WAN IP in the DMZ of my ISP hub. Any other reason why you wouldn't be able to access it? I also have UPnP disabled and no ports forwarded on my ISP router.

Try unchecking then checking the allow remote support option  :)

Try unchecking then checking the allow remote support option  :)

I unplugged, did a factory reset, then unchecked and checked the "allow remote access" option, is that the same thing or is there a separate "remote support"? Do you want me to disable UPnP on the R1 as well? Thanks for the help.

• Netduma Staff

I unplugged, did a factory reset, then unchecked and checked the "allow remote access" option, is that the same thing or is there a separate "remote support"? Do you want me to disable UPnP on the R1 as well? Thanks for the help.

That might have done the trick. Wait until Fraser does the next round of checks and see if he could access your router - sometimes a reboot is enough :)

Lag has been a huge problem for me since January, ive been advised to run a buffer bloat test, ive noticed a few issues there too i cant use the pre-pre-emptive algorithm at all no matter what cc settings i use i get bad result for buffer bloat, the reactive algorithm also provides questionable results aswell if any of the bars (download or upload) the result gives me a C/F for buffer bloat with spikes of up to 300 - 600ms which is really odd as i thought lowering bandwidth would mean no buffer bloat? A percentage above 75% for both down and up gives me better results being A or A+... Im wondering if anyone else if having the same issue or is there a glitch in the software? - ALSO ive noticed an issue when running a speed test on the ps4 i get a notification saying "router does not support packet fragmentation and network features on the ps4 may be restricted for details contact router manufacturer any advice guys?

Could it be a MTU issue? You can check your maximum MTU value at http://www.letmecheck.it/mtu-test.php and manually set this value in your LAN and WAN settings of your Netduma.

Hi, my router is on 1.03.4

I have swapped the Vigor 130 back to the Sky router and put the R1 in the DMZ.

R1 remote support is enabled.

Please can you try to connect and update again?

Hi Netduma Frazer, I my last message i was asking about putting netduma in dmz while modem/gateway was in bridge mode. Well i could not find a place to put the netduma in a dmz under that setup, so i just took the router out of bridge mode and shoved the Ip  of the netduma into the dmz. there was a box which asked me if the dmz address would respond to ping, which i said yes to.  So please let me know if you have successfully got access to my netduma. thank you !

wasting your time people.

nothing ever gets done.

apparently upgrade guy is on holiday.

wish i could afford a 4 month holiday.

still if i was peddling an expensive router with 1980's upgrade ability, i suppose i could.

Guess I am a little disgruntled, as i can now never upgrade to a newer version than 03.

time for a few online reviews, amazon and e bay here i come.

• Netduma Staff

nothing ever gets done.

still if i was peddling an expensive router with 1980's upgrade ability, i suppose i could.

Guess I am a little disgruntled, as i can now never upgrade to a newer version than 03.

Fraser responded to your upgrade post saying that your router couldn't be accessed. Did you even read that? Since then you haven't posted again to have your router checked.

• Administrators

Upnp is off and all port forwarding has been removed. 

Thanks,

We couldn't access your router still. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma.

We couldn't access your router still. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma.

I am on am older version than 1.03.5 and i have remote support ticked

Hi, my router is on 1.03.4

I have swapped the Vigor 130 back to the Sky router and put the R1 in the DMZ.

R1 remote support is enabled.

Please can you try to connect and update again?

You're good to go. Please do not upgrade before rebooting your router.

Hello, I have R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd . and I have the "Allow remote access to Netduma tech support" option checked. Please let me know when I am able to upgrade.

Hi Netduma Frazer, I my last message i was asking about putting netduma in dmz while modem/gateway was in bridge mode. Well i could not find a place to put the netduma in a dmz under that setup, so i just took the router out of bridge mode and shoved the Ip  of the netduma into the dmz. there was a box which asked me if the dmz address would respond to ping, which i said yes to.  So please let me know if you have successfully got access to my netduma. thank you !

I'm on 1.03.03 and i would like to upgrade I've ticked the tech support.

thanks

Hello,

I am on R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd.  The remote tech support button is checked.  I am assuming you need more info?  Ok, let me know what you need so I can upgrade.

Thank You!

Hello, id like to upgrade my netduma. Im on version 1.03.4 and have ticked remote tech support.

Hi Frazer,

Just checking in, .....i did the 4 key things, put the R1 in the DMZ, R1 remote support is enabled, ensured there are no port forwarding, and disabled UPnp. That should do it..

nothing ever gets done.

We cannot help you if you do not read my previous response to you. 

May I also add that upgrades are free - they don't just consist of bug fixes but completely new features. We could leave it as it is and it would still be the ultimate gaming router but we want to continue improving.

In order for us to check your router: 

Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma.

Hello Frazer,

Your last response: 

'We couldn't access your router still. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma."

I opened up the ports on the net duma 1024-60000 TCP and did all the other stuff,. Furthermore i checked the firewall was not up and disabled 'DOS protection' under security tab of my gateway/hub...I made screen shots to show you in case it still does'nt allow you to do what it is you gotta do. Thank you for your efforts !!!

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1469024661-U6375.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1469024982-U6375.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1469025442-U6375.jpg

Jnubbz here, my body is ready for the upgrade and so is my router. Everything is clicked how it should be. I am curious how you know to access my router from a post on a forum? IP address I am assuming?

I'm on version 1.03.3

Thanks for the help and a kick ass router!

post-9308-0-26706200-1469026491_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi, I have a netduma R1 version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd and I would like upgrade the firmware. What is the process to upgrade the next version.

Thank you 

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

Hello. I want to upgrade my netduma but i have an older Version. My Version is 1.03.3 and so i dont know realy what i have to do. so can i may get some help please??

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

Hello Frazer,

Your last response: 

'We couldn't access your router still. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma."

I opened up the ports on the net duma 1024-60000 TCP and did all the other stuff,. Furthermore i checked the firewall was not up and disabled 'DOS protection' under security tab of my gateway/hub...I made screen shots to show you in case it still does'nt allow you to do what it is you gotta do. Thank you for your efforts !!!

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1469024661-U6375.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1469024982-U6375.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1469025442-U6375.jpg

Jnubbz here, my body is ready for the upgrade and so is my router. Everything is clicked how it should be. I am curious how you know to access my router from a post on a forum? IP address I am assuming?

I'm on version 1.03.3

Thanks for the help and a kick ass router!

please upgrade. I'm on 1.03.4 early adopter and have remote checked. Anything else i need to do?

Hi Fraser,

I tried to port forward the isp to the duma and it told me there is a conflict with another service. Do you know what service this is? I've tried enabling and disabling the DMZ and deleted any other forwarded ports, I've also shut off the fire wall on the router. The router from my ISP is a Comcast Cisco Model DPC3941T. Would doing a factory reset help?

Thanks

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

Hi Fraser, 

I don't see your message, I reboot the netduma but I don't upgrade. It's always good for the update?

Sorry for my poor english ;)