Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

Hi Fraser, 

I don't see your message, I reboot the netduma but I don't upgrade. It's always good for the update?

Sorry for my poor english ;)

Salut Gael - Je ne pense pas que vous pouvez mettre à jour en ce moment. Le redémarrage a probablement inversé les paramètres que Fraser avait prête . Vous devrez attendre demain matin au Royaume-Uni quand les gars seront de retour en ligne pour confirmer.

JD

Salut Gael - Je ne pense pas que vous pouvez mettre à jour en ce moment. Le redémarrage a probablement inversé les paramètres que Fraser avait prête . Vous devrez attendre demain matin au Royaume-Uni quand les gars seront de retour en ligne pour confirmer. JD

Salut Gael - Je ne pense pas que vous pouvez mettre à jour en ce moment. Le redémarrage a probablement inversé les paramètres que Fraser avait prête . Vous devrez attendre demain matin au Royaume-Uni quand les gars seront de retour en ligne pour confirmer.

JD

Salut Gael - Je ne pense pas que vous pouvez mettre à jour en ce moment. Le redémarrage a probablement inversé les paramètres que Fraser avait prête . Vous devrez attendre demain matin au Royaume-Uni quand les gars seront de retour en ligne pour confirmer. JD

Salut Dillinger, merci pour ta réponse. Effectivement je vais attendre le feu vert de Frazer, et ne plus redémarrer le Neduma!

We couldn't access your router still. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma.

Everything that you asked me to do was already done but I forwarded 1024 - 60,000 on my ISP hub to the R1. I also disabled UPnP on the R1 as well. You didn't say to do that but I don't know... so I did it just to see if it helps.

<p>

Please follow all instructions very carefully.

DO NOT ASSUME YOU'RE ON 1.03.5m PLEASE CHECK FIRST.

If you are on a version lower than 1.03.5m please do not upgrade yet. If you are on 1.03.6h YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPGRADE. You are on the latest version. The only difference between g & h is an updated EULA. There is no feature difference.

To check the version you are on, scroll to the bottom of any page on your Netduma router's interface. If you choose to upgrade without contacting us you could completely break your router. You will then need to pay for the router to be returned to our office in the UK and then sent back to your home. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE BY DOING EACH UPGRADE IN SEQUENCE (NB: the reason for charging you for this potential return is we have not charged for any upgrades (because we love our user community) but we cannot be penalised for people not reading clear instructions).

Instead, comment here saying you are on an older version than 1.03.5 and have remote support ticked (found in >settings >miscellaneous) and that you want to upgrade. We will then access your router and change settings so you can download the upgrade safely. Once we have told you it is safe to upgrade DO NOT REBOOT BEFORE UPGRADING.

1. Upgrade Instructions

• Download the upgrade here
  • Go to the Upgrade section on the Netduma interface
  • Choose Advanced
  • Ensure preserve settings & check version are ticked.
  • Click browse & navigate to where you downloaded the upgrade file and click open.
  • Click upgrade, it will take around 3 minutes. Please do not unplug the router during this time.
  • If you are wired to your computer or connected via Wifi (and won't automatically connect to another Wifi name) you will be taken to the home interface screen when the upgrade has been completed.
  • If the rare event that you get an error message please contact us and do not turn off the router. Do not worry, it just requires some help from our team.
If you already have the beta version (1.03.6g) you do not need to upgrade. If you have purchased the router after June 1st you will have version 1.03.6h, DO NOT DOWNGRADE TO .6g! .6h doesn't have any new features.

2. Geo-filter Changes

• If you are a Halo 5 Xbox player there is now a new service to select "Halo 5" please use this if you are going to play the game. Otherwise use the standard service as usual.
  • "Enable/disable" button is now a check box, so ensure it is checked to be sure it is on.
  • Low Resolution Map check box is for browsers such as Safari that don't render the state/country lines and further detail correctly. Ticking this will remove them so it will work for those browsers.
  • You can now Temporarily Ban a dedicated server. Clicking on a dedicated server on the map will bring up the host descriptor box as usual. A "Temp Ban" button will now be available. Once clicking this you will be given a warning as banning it whilst you're in a game WILL kick you from the game. You can remove your bans by clicking the "refresh icon" that is the last red button on the right under Low Resolution Map.
Please note, the dedicated servers will stay banned for 5 minutes or until you click the refresh icon.

You may block a dedicated server and notice you still get a game in the same location. This is because there are clusters of dedicated servers in the same location.

3. Congestion Control

• Device prioritisation has been split into two tabs "Upload" and "Download" so you can prioritise devices by just upload/download or a device by both at the same time.
  • Hyper Traffic, this means you can prioritise your gaming device, so that it will bypass everything in your home and packets will go out/come in first no matter what other devices in your home are doing. Resulting in very little jitter/ping increases. Do not use this for high traffic situations such as downloading torrents.
4. Profiles

Load Profile:

• This page is used to load the profiles you have on the router. It comes with pre set profiles we have made. These are built in and cannot be deleted - you do not have to use them.
  • You can choose the profile you want to load, if you have extra profiles that have been imported/created by you they will be in the list.
  • You are able to select the settings you do/do not want to load from the profile.
  • If a setting is greyed out this means those settings were not included in the profile so you can not select/deselect them.
Please note a profile may take a few minutes to load, it will let you know once it's done.

Manage Profiles:

• You can see the profiles available on your router.
  • You can import profiles if you have been sent one by someone else. A box will pop up prompting you to select the file, it will be a .json file you'll need.
  • You can export profiles that you have made which will then automatically download a .json file. You can then share this with friends/other duma users for them to import onto their router.
  • You can delete profiles that you have made or imported - Please note you cannot delete the default profiles that appear on the router from the NETDUMA team.
Save Current Settings:
  • What ever settings you have at the time will be the ones that are saved.
  • You can give your profile a name e.g. Fraser - Amazing BO3 Profile, credit yourself as the creator and give a little description of the profile.
  • You can then choose the specific settings you want to be included in your profile. You can turn off any of the options listed if you do not want it included. Please note some settings may not be best on the persons router that is importing due to location, speeds etc.
  • Once you have save your profile go back to Manage Profiles. Your newly created profile will now be available at the bottom of the list. You can then choose to Export this profile if you want to share it with others or delete it completely.
Auto Speed Setup:

In bandwidth settings upon inputting your speed you will be asked if you want the router to update the settings according to your speeds.

-----------------------

Final Note:

This upgrade will provide you with lots more options than previously to enable you to tweak your settings and get the best out of your router.

There are lots of other small things you will notice, more tours, increased feedback when saving options etc.

Change log:

• Implemented profiles.
  • Implemented temporary server ban.
  • Implemented hyper traffic lane.
  • Improved backend device prioritisation system.
  • Fixed device prioritisation bug with turbo mode.
  • Created more user tours.
  • Decoupled download and upload device prioritisation.
  • Updated UI to consistently notify user with dialog boxes.
  • Implemented generic dialog for better user input and error handling.
  • Added scroll bar to GF service selection for multi-device homes.
  • Fixed bottom page scrolling bug in misc section.
  • Implemented loading screen for misc & other pages as confusing otherwise.
  • Implemented auto-setup when user sets bandwidth.
  • Moved Geo-Filer enable to checkbox and added loading screen.
  • Removed unsupported Wireless mode from menu.
  • Fixed ping-assist for PPPoE connections.
  • Cleaned up missing page titles and favicons.
  • Added service for Halo 5.
  • Updated upgrade page including link to wiki with latest firmware.
  • Intro tour automatically updates speed settings for user.
  • Warn user that congestion control is disabled when super turbo is enabled.
  • Updated wifi-workaround & bleeding edge factory reset parameters.
  • Updated default speed to 100/10 it's 2016!
  • Removed internal log output from wan and lan.sh.
  • Fixed WAN update bugs.
  • Implemented more tours and added logic to handle loading sequences.
  • Allow double quotes in device names.
  • Wait for firewall locking instead of error.
  • Bidirectional port selection for Geo-Filter and Hyper-Lane.
  • Fixed blurred text on Ubuntu Chrome.
  • Implemented click-wrap EULA for future customers.
  • Toggle level of detail for Geo-Filter map for slower devices.
  • Fixed delete device operation with reserved IP bug.
  • Full device service cleanup on delete.
  • Updated the Intro tour to demo profiles and cookies.
  • Added sub-loading screen for cloud on misc for faster page loading.
  • Reload Geo-Filter after applying any firewall/network settings.
  • Fixed minor init bug.
Some additional notes that will be helpful:

• Temp server ban lasts 5 minutes. This is not forever, or else you will eventually have nothing to connect to for gaming. :)
  • Temp Ban will ban one dedicated host, but there may be others in the machine rack that are also hosting games. Don't panic, this is normal.
  • UNDO Temp Ban. It's the square to the right with the two circles, this will release your previously banned dedis. Yes, this will also release the one you just banned.
  • Don't have Hyper Lane enabled when you are going to download a large update patch. ^_^

Hello,

I am on R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd.  The remote tech support button is checked.  I am assuming you need more info?  Ok, let me know what you need so I can upgrade.

Thank You!

We couldn't access your router still. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma.

Hi N1 Support!!  Put the Netduma in the DMZ disabled port forwarding on both netduma and the isp router.  Please let me know if you can connect now!  Remote support is ticked.

• Administrators

Hi Fraser,

I tried to port forward the isp to the duma and it told me there is a conflict with another service. Do you know what service this is? I've tried enabling and disabling the DMZ and deleted any other forwarded ports, I've also shut off the fire wall on the router. The router from my ISP is a Comcast Cisco Model DPC3941T. Would doing a factory reset help?

Thanks

I don't know what that would be. Make a post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look so we can get you updated to the latest version :)

Hi Fraser, 

I don't see your message, I reboot the netduma but I don't upgrade. It's always good for the update?

Sorry for my poor english ;)

You're good to go. Please do not reboot your router.

Everything that you asked me to do was already done but I forwarded 1024 - 60,000 on my ISP hub to the R1. I also disabled UPnP on the R1 as well. You didn't say to do that but I don't know... so I did it just to see if it helps.

I have version 1.03.3 how do I upgrade

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP is in the DMZ section of your ISP hub and that remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings on the R1.

Hi N1 Support!!  Put the Netduma in the DMZ disabled port forwarding on both netduma and the isp router.  Please let me know if you can connect now!  Remote support is ticked.

I don't know what that would be. Make a post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look so we can get you updated to the latest version :)

You're good to go. Please do not upgrade your router.

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP is in the DMZ section of your ISP hub and that remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings on the R1.

Ok, I am good to go, but do not upgrade?  When can I upgrade? Is there something else you need to do?

• Netduma Staff

Ok, I am good to go, but do not upgrade?  When can I upgrade? Is there something else you need to do?

I assume Fraser made a type - I think it should have said "Please do not reboot your router". I think you are probably ok to upgrade.

I assume Fraser made a type - I think it should have said "Please do not reboot your router". I think you are probably ok to upgrade.

Ok Thank you!!!  just to be clear....don't reboot before upgrade but I assume the upgrade will require a reboot so its ok after?

I read it the same way, I went ahead and edited Fraser's post to say reboot, but I will send him a PM, just in case.  Good catch Crossy!

• Administrators

Thanks for editing guys!

On version 1.03.3   What do I need to do to update?    

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

Hello, should I upgrade? Currently on 1.03.5m.

Yes you're fine to upgrade just make sure to follow the instructions.

Dont bother guys.

No longer want an upgrade.

Ps4 runs better not going through the netduma.

I have my netduma plugged in as an extension router to a netgear DNG 4000 modem, router.

It is in a DMZ. Has always been in a DMZ.

Remote access is ticked in netduma.

I am not an I.T. professional. it should be easy, not a technical nightmare. As for providing firmware updates free of charge, what producer of tech hardware does not?

My Phone, PC, Tablet, Playstation, X Box, Tv, and even my netgear router get free upgrdes, and Its automated.

This is just so backward.

You're good to go. Please do not upgrade before rebooting your router.

We cannot help you if you do not read my previous response to you. 

May I also add that upgrades are free - they don't just consist of bug fixes but completely new features. We could leave it as it is and it would still be the ultimate gaming router but we want to continue improving.

In order for us to check your router: 

Please ensure the R1 WAN IP from device manager is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that UPnP/port forwarding is disabled on the hub & remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings. If you have already done this or unable to do this port forward 1024 - 60,000 TCP from the ISP hub to the duma.

Hello. I ticked wan and deactivatet upnp forwarding , remote support is also ticked.

I think we all just needto take a breath and calm down. I dont know about you all but i had a tough time researching and finding answers to figure out common optimal settings for the R1, and in doing so with time i had answers from some very nice, intelligent, patient, and friendly people here on the Forums. It may have taken a few weeks but i know more now than i did in the beginning. Just saying, you get what you give. What goes around come around, and theres no reason to be rude... at least for me the R1 is the reason i can happily enjoy my gaming while at the same time my family can just as well browse youtube or netflix and enjoy it just as much.

A BIG THANK YOU TO NETDUMA FROM ME, your friendly fanboy, ChickenJoe. X,D Love the product and i know when i have any issues this is the place to go. I appreciate all of the help and suppor! Dont burn bridges peoples.

yep lets calm down.

a couple of months waiting is just being impatient.

i should spend a least a decade on forums waiting for an upgrade.

I bought this router so i could spend my spare time gaming, not reading forums.