You could try this

Alanero89fl

I recently unwired my ps4 from the netduma and put it as wirelss and congestion control in between 70% or 90% I noticed a big change in connection and hit markers. to me it seems that congestion control works better on wireless devices. I havent had any problems, only that even thoIi have upn on it still give me a moderate nat type. but connection improved. especially on hit markers. Im a kill comfirm and search and destroy addict. just putting it out there. oh and with geo filter turned off. Lately Ive noticed that either with it on or off it really does not make a difference. I live in central america by the way.

• Netduma Staff

hi ive forgot my password for netduma how would you reset it cheers

Hey. In future please make your own thread :) If it is Wifi password which you've forgotten connect via ethernet and change it. If it is the router login password, you will have to factory reset.

• Administrators

I recently unwired my ps4 from the netduma and put it as wirelss and congestion control in between 70% or 90% I noticed a big change in connection and hit markers. to me it seems that congestion control works better on wireless devices. I havent had any problems, only that even thoIi have upn on it still give me a moderate nat type. but connection improved. especially on hit markers. Im a kill comfirm and search and destroy addict. just putting it out there. oh and with geo filter turned off. Lately Ive noticed that either with it on or off it really does not make a difference. I live in central america by the way.

We would always recommend wired gaming but if its working for you thats good. 

So with Geo off you've been connecting to hosts close by?

It is my opinion that BO3's lag comp engine has different settings in them.  In all the past COD games, low pings were king.  In BO3, it seems that higher pings are compensated differently in the engine.  Many of us have found better gaming with BO3 by playing on servers that give us a higher ping.  I personally found that games that give me a host ping around 50-70mS play much better than games close to home with 20-30mS pings.   I believe going wireless is increasing your ping and giving you better games.

What are the host pings that you are getting wired and wireless?

It is my opinion that BO3's lag comp engine has different settings in them.  In all the past COD games, low pings were king.  In BO3, it seems that higher pings are compensated differently in the engine.  Many of us have found better gaming with BO3 by playing on servers that give us a higher ping.  I personally found that games that give me a host ping around 50-70mS play much better than games close to home with 20-30mS pings.   I believe going wireless is increasing your ping and giving you better games.

What are the host pings that you are getting wired and wireless?

I've never noticed a situation where a high ping game has given me better results. Just figured I would offer another opinion to this. Before the duma the very first engagement I had I could pretty much tell what my ping was and could pretty much tell when I was connecting to the kansas dedi from indiana which is 50 ping average which is a noticable disadvantage in this game.

Low ping , bullets register quickly and people die, high ping game complete opposite never noticed any difference.

Yeah and with geofilter off I've been getting connected to the server in Tampa Florida, Atlanta or New York. I live in Panama city Panama by Nicaragua. But since I play in a party most of the time my friends are basically scattered all over the USA. So most of the time it connects to Texas. It will give me 3 bars instead of full but games and hit detection seem right on spot. I've been changing my nat from moderate to open all day to check out the difference. It seems weird but when I play on open nat my hit detection is pretty ok and I'm always carrying my team. So it's all good. And can definately tell when I have an advantage over someone. It seems like they would shoot me first but I would kill them like nothing. But not all the time. There will always be someone having an advantage over me. So then I decided to set it on moderate and so I'm seeing that hit detection is straight on much better than open nat. But if someone shoots at me first he would get me. And I would shoot at them first I get them and it just seems really fair.

It is my opinion that BO3's lag comp engine has different settings in them.  In all the past COD games, low pings were king.  In BO3, it seems that higher pings are compensated differently in the engine.

I was in a lobby a few nights back, I had 90ms ping to the P2P host through the Netduma and I went 34-4 in 6v6 TDM.

Ping doesn't mean much in BO3.

I was in a lobby a few nights back, I had 90ms ping to the P2P host through the Netduma and I went 34-4 in 6v6 TDM.

Ping doesn't mean much in BO3.

That's a nonsense accusation "ping doesn't mean much" it's pretty much everything. The entire point of this router is getting you low ping games as much as possible. If you don't think ping matters why did you buy a router specifically designed to help with latency via host selection.

That's a nonsense accusation "ping doesn't mean much" it's pretty much everything. The entire point of this router is getting you low ping games as much as possible. If you don't think ping matters why did you buy a router specifically designed to help with latency via host selection.

I should have clarified, it doesn't mean much in most recent Call of Duty's.

It matters in Halo, Battlefield, Titanfall, Counter Strike, DOTA, Fifa, Forza and many other MP titles/franchises but after and including BO1 things changed in COD.

What do I know, I'm a N00b. /shrugs.

I tend to agree with A7,the higher ping lobbies i'm in (with in reason) play more consistent for me.Which makes no sense but for me seems to be the case on a regular basis.

I agree 100%... Unfortunately.

I also eagerly await Ian's video series on lag / lag compensation because I feel CoD is the exception and not the rule when it comes to how MP games are supposed to perform.

Yes, having a low(er) ping in CoD should help, but like a good majority on this forum with the R1, I find the lag compensation CoD uses favors players with high(er) ping and possibly worse (jitter, BB) connections versus those with closer pings and better quality connections.

Here is my experience over the weekend and yesterday.   I live in San Diego and have a typical Netduma diagnostic ping around 15mS. With California BO3 servers, I typically get around 20-30mS pings.  I was playing with friends in a party.  If we had a party leader in CA, we got CA BO3 servers and I noticed that I had significantly more WTF moments.  An example, I was watching a corner for people coming out of the lab doorway on Combine.   There was nobody on the screen and all the sudden I died.  I watched the kill cam and the guy came out the door, got almost all the way to me and shot me.   This happened on a frequent basis.  After the first couple of instances, I started noting the enemy names when it happened.  Every single one of them were high ping (3 bars or lower).  When we played on central or eastern US servers, I very rarely had one of these WTF moments. 

In COD AW, I definitely saw much better games with close servers and low pings. 

Archived