Why is my netduma so SLOW! HELP!

That means you're not using PPoE if it is connected to a router :)

You could possibly try factory resetting if you haven't already tried it or you could wait and see if Iain/Fraser can take a look without the need for a factory reset.

ahh ok cool :-) 

Iv tried a factory reset twice, it sorted the problem out for a little bit then it just started being all slow and telling me my ping was 900ms again within only a few minutes of me doing the factory reset, and i did what Iain suggested which was to reset Device priotisation which also sorted the issue out for a little bit, then the problem just came straight back after maybe an hour or so

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever done a one on one with Fraser? If not, I would suggest it.

No i have never done a one on one fraser, how would i go about setting one up?

I had this problem after the last update but it was only the Host Filtering page that took forever to load.  And some settings would change but it has since corrected itself and havent had an issue with that for a week or so.

and yea this has only happened i think since the latest update, but it wont seem to stop, happens all the time :-(

I believe a session could solve your issues because that ping you're getting is crazy high. Just pm him and let him know you want to do a one on one and he will contact you about setting up a time. Or even pm Crossy or Zennon and they can do one on one's too.

• Administrators

Hi Oatesey

Can you private message "Netduma Fraser" to ask for a 1 on 1. But first please try the following:

• When it's being bad can you post a picture of you "Internet Diagnostic" test
  • When you reset the device prio don't touch it afterwards leave it reset please. Does the problem go away? 

• 3 months later...

Turn off both routers for 5 minutes boot the ISP router wait a minute then boot the Netduma.

If that does not work try a new Ethernet cable from your ISP modem/router to the Netduma port 1 POE, Kac

mine is also doing the same.

trying to access the netduma works but it loads quite long. then browsing trough the menus is nearly impossible.

tried reboot, also disconected for about 2 days now and changed cable (other cat 6 cable).

my Netgear R7000 works perfect if i plug it in, if i switch to the netduma same issue. 

looks like something causes the netduma to keep work harder and harder and he's busy with something. 

any suggestions?

• Administrators

Mine is doing this same thing, VERY slow loading screens and pinging spikes upwards of 900ms. I did all the same stuff too, factory rest, unplugged it, etc, nothing helped.

mine is also doing the same.

trying to access the netduma works but it loads quite long. then browsing trough the menus is nearly impossible.

tried reboot, also disconected for about 2 days now and changed cable (other cat 6 cable).

my Netgear R7000 works perfect if i plug it in, if i switch to the netduma same issue. 

looks like something causes the netduma to keep work harder and harder and he's busy with something. 

any suggestions?

Ensure you have both tried Zennons suggestions above. 

Also ensure you are using Chrome/Firefox to access the interface.

On a slow loading page right click > inspect element > console, copy and paste here any errors that pop up please.

Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead jquery-1.10.2.min.js:1:0
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create d3.v3.min.js:3:100
getPreventDefault() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen defaultPrevented.

would be great to hear from the guys at Netduma if they are looking into this or not.

my Duma has been disconnected now for about 2 weeks. i will not use (and/or be able) it until its fixed. it's like playing and doing stuff with a 56k modem :-)

If you are getting ping spikes then the first thing to check is your ISP.

So test with ping plotter from your ISP router directly.

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.htmlpro is free for 30 days then it reverts to free.

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go, leave it for around 10 to 20 minutes while not using the net for browsing etc, do many tests.

Test at peak times if it is ISP congestion it will get progressively worse from 730pm to 11pm.

@Zennon

i work in the industry (Cisco, HP, Aruba etc...), so i'm pretty sure i know how to find out if it's the ISP or the Router or something else. and i can tell, it's not an ISP issue. i can pin it down to 99.8% sure that the Netduma is causing problems

and just pinging google will not solve my problem nor will it give a result back whats causing the problem and what we should do to prevent that.

so any other suggestions?

No but pingplotter would have shown if any of the hops your ISP uses are causing jitter to rule that out is the first step in diagnosing but like you say its not worth doing.

2016-04-16_14-26-35.jpg

My ping plot when both myself and my son are online to compare.

I could of left it going but its basically a flat line with the odd 1ms jitter when my lad opens a webpage.

Yours is not terrible but you do have a fair bit of spiking going on but its not sky high this afternoon.

I would test at 8pm and 9pm tonight, that will give us a better outlook as spikes get more intense at peak time.

I haven't had time to play with the reason for the slow performance with page loading. I think it has something to do with ports when gaming. there are two uPnP boxes to be "ticked" one is so the router will allow anything before it (consoles, PC's, etc) to open ports in the R1. The other uPnP is under Misc, which allows the R1 to open ports on a router (if it is hooked up to one), some providers have a router/modem like myself, Verizon FIOs. We also discussed ports 3074 is used for gaming, if that port is not "open" you will get a moderate or strict NAT. The other port, using PSN is 9308 used by PSN, the R1 uses this port for the Geo Filter to know player/host/server location. My ISPs router/modem has the R1 in a DMZ so all ports are open in both directions, so I don't need the Misc uPnP ticked, but if it is the FIOs router/modem will show them open (3074&9308) UDP. Now the general uPnP we'll have ticked so the R1 opens ports for our consoles/PCs/Etc.. Now we get to Hyper Traffic, this is where if your on Twitter, this week me and a few others found that if you use advanced and put 3074 for source and destination (both ticked) and UDP you will OWN the connection & game. But I also think this is where we have ports open all over and they are "spinning out of control" causing lag, packet loss and the routers slow performance. I'm going to a beer festival at Blue Point brewery today/tonight so I wont be able to test and try this idea, but tomorrow night I should be able too.

@Zennon: as far i remember from previous tests, that's what i usualy also get, no matter what time. but also a friend of mine who's on the same provider has similiar jitter and he's about 10km away from me.

i will run another test in a few minutes.

@KAC1023: some good points here. let me know what results you get after testing. and cheers on the beer festival - have one on me ;)

Notice: i just let the slow netduma finishe load the profiles page and loaded the non gaming profile. seems the duma is slightly faster now. could one of the profiles be messed up? was using most of the time CoD Ultimate....

For some reason when I tick uPnP, not the misc one, the Settings one, the routers page slows down. Geo Filter uses 9308 to find server locations and ping plotting, and having 3074 for the open NAT and gaming packets under the hyper service, maybe that is causing my slow downs? I'm DLing the new Eclipse map pack now, later tonight I will try and mess around with settings.

Archived