Why is my netduma so SLOW! HELP!

Hi, iv posted this problem up a few times now and still not had any feed back on how to resolve this issue, for some reason or another my netduma is taking FOREVER to load, including Host filtering, settings, congestion control ETC and i mean forever, sometimes i sit waiting for the host filtering page to load for over 10mins sometimes, and it also keeps telling me that im pinging at over 900ms which is clearly wrong!

Any help with this would be very much appreciated as im loosing faith in my netduma, it just seems to be a bit redundant since BO3 has come out, i get into better connection lobbies without the host filtering than i do with it, and every time i try and use my netduma it just slows right down and gives me false ping feedback! 

Thank you 

post-2153-0-35605200-1450887142_thumb.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have tried rebooting the R1 which helps with the loading problem for about 20mins then it goes back to slowing right up again, iv have tried putting my PA to 0 and to just search for games with filter by distance, iv tried changing some of the miscellaneous settings around which hasn't really helped and enable auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud are always ticked  

This was happening to me as well.  For some reason the Misc settings kept resetting back to everything "ticked"!  In particular, having the Turbo modes ticked caused tremendous slowdown and the browser would take forever to shift between menus in the Netduma.  Unticking the Turbo, Subperturbo, IPV6, etc. and refreshing seemed to do the trick for me.  All I leave selected is Enable Cookies, Multicast snooping, and Upnp. Not sure if anything else there is really critical for me. 

Problem is, last night it kept reverting back to everything ticked like every half hour or so, so I'd have to rinse and repeat.  I'm not sure what was causing it..

And I'm on the 1.03.5m

This was happening to me as well.  For some reason the Misc settings kept resetting back to everything "ticked"!  In particular, having the Turbo modes ticked caused tremendous slowdown and the browser would take forever to shift between menus in the Netduma.  Unticking the Turbo, Subperturbo, IPV6, etc. and refreshing seemed to do the trick for me.  All I leave selected is Enable Cookies, Multicast snooping, and Upnp. Not sure if anything else there is really critical for me. 

Problem is, last night it kept reverting back to everything ticked like every half hour or so, so I'd have to rinse and repeat.  I'm not sure what was causing it..

And I'm on the 1.03.5m

This happens to me as well, every so often i go into the settings after its taken its time to load and every thing i unticked would ticked again, and i have exactly  the same settings ticked as you but this doesn't help with the slow down or the ping issue :-(    

• Netduma Staff

Iv done a factory reset twice and the problem is still ongoing, Im starting to think maybe my R1 is faulty! :-(

Do you think going back to the old firmware will help? 

It isn't recommended to go back versions.

Could you try using a different device to access the interface?

It isn't recommended to go back versions.

Could you try using a different device to access the interface?

Ok i shall leave the FW as it is for now, and yes i have tried 3 different devices, my laptop (wired) another family members laptop (wireless) and my phone (wireless) and its doing the same on all 3 devices, and it just seem to be getting slower and slower each time i reload a page, i have just restarted my netduma, it fixed the problem for about a 3mins and its now gone back to being painstakingly slow and showing me that im pinging at over 900ms again and now its not showing anything on the geo-filter map even though im in a game! :-/ Something is definitely wrong here!

I thought id solved the problem for a minute then, i completely unplugged my R1 and left it to cool down and it seemed to sort the slow down issue out for all of 30mins and its doing everything it was before again, running slow as hell and giving me false ping readings of 900ms, this is absolutely ridiculous and getting out of hand now, its rendered my netduma almost unusable! :(

• Administrators

Oatesy can you go to "Congestion Control" it may take a long time for it to load but just wait. Then go to "Device Priotisation" and click "Reset Distribution". Then also make sure your anti-flood sliders are set to 100%. Does this fix the issue?

Oatesy can you go to "Congestion Control" it may take a long time for it to load but just wait. Then go to "Device Priotisation" and click "Reset Distribution". Then also make sure your anti-flood sliders are set to 100%. Does this fix the issue?

Hi, sorry iv taken a while to reply, been a bit of a busy Christmas, i have done what you have suggested and it seems to have sorted the problem for now, thank you all for the help! :-) i shall let you know if it starts doing it again

• Netduma Staff

Well the netduma is connected to my ISP router via Ethernet cable, is that what you mean? 

That means you're not using PPoE if it is connected to a router :)

You could possibly try factory resetting if you haven't already tried it or you could wait and see if Iain/Fraser can take a look without the need for a factory reset.

Archived