Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firmware 2.3.2.22 released

Firmware

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

sharpz44

sharpz44

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Local time: 09:11 PM
I do not see any major changes apart from vpn and upnp fix in them release notes, .10 works great as I don’t use vpn ,so are there any other changes

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

I do not see any major changes apart from vpn and upnp fix in them release notes, .10 works great as I don’t use vpn ,so are there any other changes

Sorted out a few bugs, added zoom level on Geo Filter and Firewall is now True stealth too, also faster to boot up and supports SHA256 certificates instead of MD5 for OpenVPN, dedicated server ban

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

sharpz44

sharpz44

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Sorted out a few bugs, added zoom level on Geo Filter and Firewall is now True stealth too, also faster to boot up and supports SHA256 certificates instead of MD5 for OpenVPN, dedicated server ban

So mainly security ,I take it this will need a factory reset to fully implement .thxs

powermix24

powermix24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 03:11 PM

So far so good, did the zoom factor come with this update?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

So far so good, did the zoom factor come with this update?

Yes it did

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

powermix24

powermix24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Loving it, since I live in Texas  :D

MattyAu

MattyAu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 05:41 AM
  • LocationAustralia

Looks like a device name has changed, if you know what it is then change the name back otherwise a factory reset will resolve it

All my Device name changes reverted back to their original names after the update. Caused the 'Device not found' and 'Uncaught Unmatched device' errors also.

Looks like it will require a factory reset as Geo-filter devices and Priority devices under the QoS won't load up to enable updating the device.

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I had the device name change error in geo filter, I renamed it back to the name I gave it before the upgrade and it worked. So before you upgrade make note of your device names that you have changed so you can change them back after the upgrade. Not sure if its case sensitive.

MattyAu

MattyAu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I had the device name change error in geo filter, I renamed it back to the name I gave it before the upgrade and it worked. So before you upgrade make note of your device names that you have changed so you can change them back after the upgrade.

I tried this also, but couldn't recall the exact name I used, lol. Will leave as is now to avoid any future issues though. Good to know that's a workaround though.

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

I tried this also, but couldn't recall the exact name I used, lol. Will leave as is now to avoid any future issues though. Good to know that's a workaround though.

Just take a screenshot with your pc, or if you just have a tablet or smartphone take a screenshot with that, it makes things much easier ;)

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

All my Device name changes reverted back to their original names after the update. Caused the 'Device not found' and 'Uncaught Unmatched device' errors also.

Looks like it will require a factory reset as Geo-filter devices and Priority devices under the QoS won't load up to enable updating the device.

Thanks for the info. What browser did you use to update the router? I haven't been able to reproduce it using Chrome.

I had the device name change error in geo filter, I renamed it back to the name I gave it before the upgrade and it worked. So before you upgrade make note of your device names that you have changed so you can change them back after the upgrade. Not sure if its case sensitive.

Great to hear that is a via-able workaround. What browser did you use to upgrade the router initially? 

Time Converter

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

same for me, nothing showing up in UPnP table with every device in the house connected... epic update fail as usual lol!

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

same for me, nothing showing up in UPnP table with every device in the house connected... epic update fail as usual lol!

I tested it and gave it to people prior to release. UPnP will open ports when it needs to, so doesn't mean it will always have entries. Do a connection test on console and you should see it populate.

Time Converter

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Working fine here, not all games or apps etc need UPnP try something like Skype, that uses UPnP and shows clearly in the table.

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Working fine here, not all games or apps etc need UPnP try something like Skype, that uses UPnP and shows clearly in the table.

my CCTV used to show up around 3 firmwares ago, never since....

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

my CCTV used to show up around 3 firmwares ago, never since....

Well its working okay for me, have you factory reset with this update? If you have issues you factory reset. The last version 2.2.1.10 worked fine with UPnP as well. You do have to refresh the UPnP table for the ports to show. The issue I think here is at your end, its working for most people, look at BIG_DOGS post showing his UPnP table. Oh and UPnP is the most insecure thing to use on a router, business routers generally don't have it as it easily exploited it. Most people I know turn it off, port triggering is much safer especially for CCTV.

"Millions of routers throughout the world have the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) networking protocol enabled on internet-facing ports, which exposes them to external attack.

"UPnP was designed for LANs [local area networks], and as such, it has no security. In and of itself, it's not such a big deal," Horowitz said. But, he added, "UPnP on the internet is like going in for surgery and having the doctor work on the wrong leg."

https://www.tomsguid...news-19245.html

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

turned off main ps4 and tried to see if upnp was working on second ps4, still had a moderate nat and when i checked upnp it was empty. tried bo3, battefield and destiny and nothing came up. Not sure why upnp is not working for me because on the R1 it was was working with my ppoe network setup.

I know for a start Destiny doe not use UPnP with just one console playing. Quote from Bungie UPnP is REQUIRED if players plan to use more than one console to play Destiny on the same network simultaneously. I have Nat type 2 with my PS4 Pro.

https://www.bungie.n...shoot?oid=13610

sharpz44

sharpz44

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Done mine and works great ,upnp shows ,had to rename a few devices with no issue

MattyAu

MattyAu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Thanks for the info. What browser did you use to update the router? I haven't been able to reproduce it using Chrome.

I used Chrome.

Just take a screenshot with your pc, or if you just have a tablet or smartphone take a screenshot with that, it makes things much easier ;)

Will do, just a PITA re-identifying some certain devices again.

Update has be working fine for me, UPnP and all. Cheers

e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Local time: 02:11 PM
  • LocationUSA

Thank you for your time.

No proper release

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firmware

1 user(s) are reading this topic