Not worth it anymore

• Administrators

Thats not necessarily the case. People are still getting P2P which means you're probably still able to get them, just may not be able to get them everytime. 

I highly recommend not downgrading as it can cause a lot of issues, including bricking the router

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraser i know that you try to help...

But i just want you to understand that may something is going wrong on the code

Me and my friends including that we used to have duma (we are all from Cyprus and Greece)

Before update of the r1 we use to get very easy p2p games near us..

So i don't think that game ban our area...

It means something into the code its blocking the specific area of use..

As i told you before, in our range lives more than 45 million people..

I cant believe there are not games near us..

• Administrators

Nothing will have changed in the code to prevent P2P games getting through. 

Most people in your region will be connecting to dedicated servers - they don't have a choice to potentially block these and get a P2P host like you do. 

What I suspect is that early on there were more P2P games available so that the dedicated servers weren't completely overloaded. Now that it has been out for a little while they're making the transition to less P2P & more dedicated server games.

Hmm ok and how we can fix that?

Or there is no solution?

I have noticed less and less P2P games in the US lately, so I believe what Fraser stated above is correct. There's nothing you can do to avoid the dedicated server unless you set your geo filter to not include that dedi and your ping assist well below what you'd ping that server at (but you'd never find any games doing this). There is no way for us users to block a dedicated server unless you set your geo filter to not include it. The game is going to put you in whatever lobby (P2P or Dedi) that it wants to, there's no way around it.

• Administrators

Hmm ok and how we can fix that?

Or there is no solution?

Pretty much what Alex says here:

I have noticed less and less P2P games in the US lately, so I believe what Fraser stated above is correct. There's nothing you can do to avoid the dedicated server unless you set your geo filter to not include that dedi and your ping assist well below what you'd ping that server at (but you'd never find any games doing this). There is no way for us users to block a dedicated server unless you set your geo filter to not include it. The game is going to put you in whatever lobby (P2P or Dedi) that it wants to, there's no way around it.

Nothing will have changed in the code to prevent P2P games getting through.

Most people in your region will be connecting to dedicated servers - they don't have a choice to potentially block these and get a P2P host like you do.

What I suspect is that early on there were more P2P games available so that the dedicated servers weren't completely overloaded. Now that it has been out for a little while they're making the transition to less P2P & more dedicated server games.

Over the wknd mate I tried geo covering all of the UK so I allowed the south coast dedi and had PA set at 0 but could not for the life of me find a game,I've never experienced that before,has anyone else on xbox one noticed that?I ended up turning the geo filter off and the games with the power of CC+turbo mode I had a great games anyway but still found it very strange

Over the wknd mate I tried geo covering all of the UK so I allowed the south coast dedi and had PA set at 0 but could not for the life of me find a game,I've never experienced that before,has anyone else on xbox one noticed that?I ended up turning the geo filter off and the games with the power of CC+turbo mode I had a great games anyway but still found it very strange

If I miss out the Irish dedi from the UK I will get no games, tested on .5 and .4 it is the game for sure.

I miss the Irish dedi and get games in seconds.

Yeah the game wants me on the Irish dedi or nothing, must be base on me being closer to Ireland being in Cumbria than the south UK dedi.

Cheers for the heads up ill add the Irish dedi and see if I can get games this wknd I try to avoid it at all cost but we will see

It has been playing ok on the Irish dedi, yes it used to stutter at launch but not anymore :)

I dont understand how you get such a low ping. I get 15-30 (or higher) on ping test . Then when you look at the Host Ping graph its in the 50s-60s even when I have set the rule to not let over a 30ms ping host and definitely not a smooth flat line as yours shows, spikes all over, looks like a seismograph lol . Any advice on getting that ping lower. Maybe you could take screen shots of your setup page by page. That would be so AWESOME! 

I fixed it for you, you're welcome. :)

Raddy1993 has a video for those who don't have that saviness a user would need to get the most out of their decent/good internet service.

I dont understand how you get such a low ping. I get 15-30 (or higher) on ping test . Then when you look at the Host Ping graph its in the 50s-60s even when I have set the rule to not let over a 30ms ping host and definitely not a smooth flat line as yours shows, spikes all over, looks like a seismograph lol . Any advice on getting that ping lower. Maybe you could take screen shots of your setup page by page. That would be so AWESOME! 

The rule is to match a ping outside your geo filter to help you find games.

Inside your geo-filter the host could have a higher ping than the one you have set for outside the geo.

You can make your geo small place it in the ocean and search for 30ms pings or below only to get ping related matches only.

I was having a few games with Ltr7 last night, I am in the UK and he is in the States and we played on servers in a few different locations.

I was getting a ping to host of around 120 MS and for the most part ending the matches in the top 3. very playable games when I stopped running about like a loon. lol

A few games with assholes glitching out of map or just sat pre aiming at a spawn point but for the most part very playable.

Putting ping in perspective you have to remember that it takes 300-400 ms to blink your eyes and a further 100+ MS to decide where to move your eyes to look.

I was never going to win a 1-1 head on fight unless you believe in all the lag compensation theories in which case I should have been top of the leader board with 3 bars. :)

However a very enjoyable gaming session, Oh and I got to first prestige.

It has been playing ok on the Irish dedi, yes it used to stutter at launch but not anymore :)

I must look into this.....I never see an Irish server even though its in my geo. (is that on xbox or ps4?)

Im in Bristol (SW UK) playing ps4, and allways get connected to northern France somewhere.

not complaining - just seems strange.

Bops tellling ping is 33ms,

Netduma says ~20-25ms

Games are fine. in fact excellent, super fast and responsive and no feeling of unfair deaths.

Archived