BenQ RL2460HT Vs BenQ RL2455HM

Sir_smooch

Basically i am getting a gaming monitor for christmas present from the Mrs and after reading the BenQ thread on the forums had decided on getting the RL2455HM as it seems like amazing value for money and a good step up from the E-line Phillips monitor i am using atm.

The RL2455HM i can get for around £129.99 or there about but i saw today the RL2460HT on ebuyer for £159.99.

So what i am wondering from someone here more in the know who has maybe used both or from people who understands all the different settings and stuff is:

Is the more expensive one worth the extra money over the cheaper one? Does the newer one feature the black equalizer tech like the older one as this was a feature i liked that Odin in the forum talked about but ebuyer doesn't mention in the description! 

I have the RL2460HT, which is a 60Hz with an adjustable stand height, tilt and rotation.  I love it.  The XL versions are the higher Hz.  The RL2460HT also has a HDMI output port which is nice if you record your game with an Elgato (or similar) or want hook it up to a TV too for others to watch.  

The RL2455 is great.  I was deciding between the two.  The deciding factors were height adjustment and HDMI output port.

The rl2460 is 144hz and if you using it for console you don't need that because colsole can only run up to 60hz refresh rate. So get the 2455 if u only going to use it for console . get the 2460 if you going to be gaming on pc and console

The two i am looking at are deffo only 60hz dude. i will be using for mostly console gaming wise but will be wired up to my pc too. thx for the input bro

I have the RL2460HT, which is a 60Hz with an adjustable stand height, tilt and rotation.  I love it.  The XL versions are the higher Hz.  The RL2460HT also has a HDMI output port which is nice if you record your game with an Elgato (or similar) or want hook it up to a TV too for others to watch.  

The RL2455 is great.  I was deciding between the two.  The deciding factors were height adjustment and HDMI output ports.

The value the RL2455 has does make it great value for a monitor and that was the one i initially was going. but i do like the thought of the tilt, height adjust and swivel feature of the 2460. i don't have any recording tech atm if im honest. ive only uploaded one video lol ripped straight from my ps4 hdd. I do like the idea of having it though just for the sake lol

Does it justify the extra money though lol ......oooh decisions decisions. thanks for the reply :)

got the rl2455hm about 6 months ago, i have no problems with xbox games with it. i put it on "photo" to play BO3 last night, honestly at 60HZ i dont know if it would be any better quality at least for games. 

if you know exactly what your using it for  like editing photography or something besides gaming, then you'll find more settings especially for professionals to use on the higher model which gamers like me would not need or ever use.

I have the rl2455hm i had it over a year but i can never find a good picture setting no matter what i try the colours are all washed out for my liking

i wish i would bought some other monitor for better picture

Btw this was on ps4  

got the rl2455hm about 6 months ago, i have no problems with xbox games with it. i put it on "photo" to play BO3 last night, honestly at 60HZ i dont know if it would be any better quality at least for games. 

if you know exactly what your using it for  like editing photography or something besides gaming, then you'll find more settings especially for professionals to use on the higher model which gamers like me would not need or ever use.

I have the rl2455hm i had it over a year but i can never find a good picture setting no matter what i try the colours are all washed out for my liking

i wish i would bought some other monitor for better picture

Btw this was on ps4  

Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated :). Oh man kinel, first bit of Neg i heard for this monitor, washed out! really, thats not what i was hoping to hear at all! what about the settings guide they had in a thread on the forum, did you try them??

They are basically the same monitor. The HT just has a more adjustable stand and also has an HDMI output if you want to connect it to a capture device to record game play. The HT model also has "fighting mode" which is just a preset for some color settings. Either way you can't make a bad choice. I went with the HT model for the stand adjustments and it was only $20 more at the time so it wasn't that big of a deal to go get the convenience of being able to adjust it to my liking.

They are basically the same monitor. The HT just has a more adjustable stand and also has an HDMI output if you want to connect it to a capture device to record game play. The HT model also has "fighting mode" which is just a preset for some color settings. Either way you can't make a bad choice. I went with the HT model for the stand adjustments and it was only $20 more at the time so it wasn't that big of a deal to go get the convenience of being able to adjust it to my liking.

Well after all the cool info and opinions. I think I'm gonna add both to my Amazon wish list. And if the Mrs is feeling generous then maybe she will get the more pricey one, if not then the other.

Either way I think I will be happy and at these prices would be hard pushed to find better!!unless anyone can recommend any?

Ive tried every setting from loads of people web sites but most of their settings were for xbox1 not ps4 on xbox you can selecta few more settings in options for the picie hue a colour saturation these cant be seleted on ps4  

The picture is crystal clear i still prefer my monitors pic over my other 42 and 43 inch hdtv just coliurs look washed out to me 

But every one else loves the pic and it aint washed out for them

Btw what system is it for i hope its xbox1

Both are solid monitors but like someone said above if your playing on console go with the 2455 and if someone's picture is washed out it's just cuz they haven't the picture adjusted to their taste yet.

Both are solid monitors but like someone said above if your playing on console go with the 2455 and if someone's picture is washed out it's just cuz they haven't the picture adjusted to their taste yet.

Well cod will be played on ps4 but PC will be connected too so may have to switch screens on the fly! But I appreciate your feedback duma bro ☺ and the price of the 2455 is really appealing. Love your avatar btw fuzzy

I have both but the 2455 sits on the kitchen bench and is connected to an FTA STB via HDMI for TV.

​I prefer the 2460 and use that for console gaming because of the HDMI output, plugs in nicely to my capture card that allows me to "backup" content from my consoles, be it game capture or anything else. :D

​As someone said earlier, you can't go wrong with either but the 2460 does offer that little bit more.

Might want to play around with ps4 video levels. Automatic vs full might be the issue.

Ive tried every setting from loads of people web sites but most of their settings were for xbox1 not ps4 on xbox you can selecta few more settings in options for the picie hue a colour saturation these cant be seleted on ps4

The picture is crystal clear i still prefer my monitors pic over my other 42 and 43 inch hdtv just coliurs look washed out to me

But every one else loves the pic and it aint washed out for them

Btw what system is it for i hope its xbox1

The RL2455 is great.  I was deciding between the two.  The deciding factors were height adjustment and HDMI output port.

same thing for me. 

I have both but the 2455 sits on the kitchen bench and is connected to an FTA STB via HDMI for TV.

​I prefer the 2460 and use that for console gaming because of the HDMI output, plugs in nicely to my capture card that allows me to "backup" content from my consoles, be it game capture or anything else. :D

​As someone said earlier, you can't go wrong with either but the 2460 does offer that little bit more.

I've been having an issue with my RL2455HM. Whenever the screen refreshes (I use an elgato, so turning the software on/off does this), the audio defaults to 1, which is very frustrating because it means I'm always having to go to the monitor and change it manually. Is this a fault with my monitor, or is this something that happens with all of them?

I'm confused, what do you mean the audio defaults to 1?

If you mean the volume is set to 1, save the profile with the volume as desired.

Otherwise, I cannot seem to figure it out unless you help me understand better.

I'm confused, what do you mean the audio defaults to 1?

If you mean the volume is set to 1, save the profile with the volume as desired.

Otherwise, I cannot seem to figure it out unless you help me understand better.

Don't worry. I got a result through a Youtube video. Needed to save a preset to one of the Gamer saves. Thanks anyway.

• 2 months later...

Might want to play around with ps4 video levels. Automatic vs full might be the issue.

You're right about this.  I have the monitor and using the Auto mode in XB1 and PS4 video settings gave a washed out look.  Using RGB or something like that made the colors deeper for both consoles.  The monitor shined after that.

The settings in XB1 Display and Sound is something like Color Depth 36bits and RGB or something.  I can't remember if the resolution gave me a choice of monitor or tv but I'm thinking I choose monitor 1080p...

I have 2455HM...to have good picture in your console you must set the color range from your console to "RGB-Full range" as "PB-Y"...something like that is for HD TV's and so on.Both are "TN" panels so "viewing angels" may different ...these panels must be at the high of your eyes to see the best picture you can have....IPS panels has bigger "viewing angels" like HD TV's but they are more expensive.....TN panels are famous for low in put lag (1ms GTG...grey-to-grey).

Archived