PA doesn't Ping limit, if they are in your geo-filter range.  You could make your range 0 and then PA i suppose would be PA limit...

But PA is to find servers outside your range that are under your PA limit

It will find servers and player host at and below the ping rate you set , so say if you set it to 30ms and there is a server or host outside of your set geo range it would still match up you to it/him.

It will find servers and player host at and below the ping rate you set , so say if you set it to 30ms and there is a server or host outside of your set geo range it would still match up you to it/him.

that's the thing I live in the us and it was putting me with players in japan at 150ms ping.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Buds beat me to it. A circle with a dotted line is one that ping assist found. If the circle is small it looks like a radiation symbol. Unintended coolness :)

Buds beat me to it. A circle with a dotted line is one that ping assist found. If the circle is small it looks like a radiation symbol. Unintended coolness :)

See, I'm back baby after a couple of busy days :P

Guest Netduma_Iain

Good observation vile, it is correct theoretically. Only problem is its very difficult to catch PA host that's why it's called assist because it assists the geo-filter. You can give it a go but I don't recommend it. Sorry been away all day on business meetings I'll send you patch tomorrow if you're available.

So last night I decided to try what I wrote in my previous post. I shrunk my Geo-Filter as small as I could. Turned Strict-Mode Off. Set my Ping Assist to 25ms.

I played for about 1.5hrs and only had one game below 2 k/d. Didn't rage at all. It was by far the smoothest gaming session I have on Advanced Warfare since release.

There was one point where it was having a hard time finding me a lobby so I raised my PA to 30ms and I was back in action.

post-442-0-28627300-1423421913_thumb.jpg

post-442-0-70334400-1423421925_thumb.jpg

Guest Netduma_Iain

Buck, Glad to hear ping assist is doing a good job!

Vile, I'm going to start patching the routers to have a host ID. You can then send me IDs you like & I'll see if the cloud can be optimised further. I've updated Viles so he will let me know the ones he likes and we'll see if we can make a big difference for Canada :)

I tried the same thing last night, put my location in the ocean with the geofilter set as small as possible. Set ping assist to 21ms and got into a game pretty quickly. Connection was smooth but I'm not sure if it was because the server was good or because nobody was online at the time.

I tried the same thing last night, put my location in the ocean with the geofilter set as small as possible. Set ping assist to 21ms and got into a game pretty quickly. Connection was smooth but I'm not sure if it was because the server was good or because nobody was online at the time.

To do this I'm guessing you had strict mode disabled?

I'll give that a try mate,all though over the wknd I've not seen any many dedi servers a lot of player hosts which i personally prefer,think the servers are nasty on AW

Agreed, I like p2p hosts alot better. Unfortunately when I try to avoid dedicated servers I have to search for an hour to find a game.

Yeah id like a host id to be available, I played at the weekend and kept getting connected to the same dodgy host in London, i moved my home location though and eventually found another host, the difference was insane,  I find the game always seems to want me to connect to these same dedicated servers, i kept getting booted from lobbies when i decreased the geo filter and when i increased the geo filter it connected me back to the same laggy dedicated server. 

i might try the options some of you have listed i.e. use ping assist to find my games and put the geo filter in the ocean.

Im convinced now that its actaully some of the dedicated servers that are the main issue with me, it was showing me as 3 bars on some games and everything was playing fine, then on a 5 bar it was dodgey when connected to the server in london!

I was using one of the dedicated servers on the east coast because most of the hosts near me have way more ping, but it has gotten laggy in the last few days. the best ping I have ever had to any host is 80ms, Why is that? I have good ping test results, but all deds are at least 80-150ms, and p2p is worse. I live in the north west U.S. any suggestions on settings? Running cable 64mps up 5mps down.

Archived