Guest Netduma Fraser

I was using one of the dedicated servers on the east coast because most of the hosts near me have way more ping, but it has gotten laggy in the last few days. the best ping I have ever had to any host is 80ms, Why is that? I have good ping test results, but all deds are at least 80-150ms, and p2p is worse. I live in the north west U.S. any suggestions on settings? Running cable 64mps up 5mps down.

Put your home in the North West, enable strict mode, you can also use ping assist if you want to and set it to a minimum of 30ms. Have your filter small and if youre struggling to get games use the snap button which is the button on the right of the magnifying glass. It will auto expand your filter to get you an optimum game :)

I cant get any good hosts on west coast at all, best ping is 150-200mps and super laggy. If i use snap button I end up having to cover the whole U.S. and i end up back on the east coast servers. some games are great but im still only hitting 3 bars in game and getting turned on- one shotted a lot.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi ltr2,

Something sounds very wrong with your connection. What console are you playing on?

Also can you run an Internet Diagnosis test please, and post the results in a new thread, we don't want to take this one off topic. 

Cheers

To anyone who is looking for a possible cure, I have had 2 successful gaming sessions in a row since I tried out this new method. There are rare times where I see ping spikes up to 100ms but for the most part my games are in the high 20's and low 30's for ping and the hit detection is on point!

I live in Toronto Canada but I have my geo-filter "home" set in Kentucky US. I am on PS4 so I have Playstation Network PA selected. Strict mode is OFF. My Geo-Filter is as small as possible and my Ping Assist is set to 25ms.

Sometimes it takes a little while to find games so I either back out and try again and it usually works right away or I raise my Ping Assist to 30ms and then it usually gets one for me pretty quick that way as well.

The time frames I played with these settings was around 1:00am-2:30am on Sunday morning (late Saturday night) and again at around 10:00pm-12:am Sunday night. These aren't exactly peak hours and I was still finding games on a consistent basis.

I have begun to take note of the Host IDs for each and every game I play and I am rating them either Great, Good, Bad, or Undecided. So far I've only had to rate 1 bad host so I would say my method is working pretty awesome.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'm constantly booted from lobbies when I use PA. Sometimes my PS4  loses Internet connection too. 

Do you mean using PA exclusively? As we dont recommend that. The PS4 shouldnt be losing internet connection. Try not using PA exclusively and see if it still occurs.

Guest Netduma Fraser

By exclusively you mean PA with minimum GF radius Fraser? 

I more meant in the ocean, but with a minimum GF radius that could also be contributing to the problem. Try expanding the filter to around 1000km, what is your ping assist set to? We recommend 30 minimum.

Guest Netduma Fraser

strict is on. what is the difference between PSN and PSNPA in services?

PSN PA is for when you want to use PA. Did you have PSN selected instead?

Guest Netduma Fraser

No I got it right. I used PSN PA. I'm just trying to figure out which one works better for me. Ping Assist or the good-old GeoFilter with a 1000 km radius.

You can leave PA selected and turn PA to 0 to turn it off and see if its any better with Geo-filter at 1000km. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanx Fraser. I appreciate your help. One more thing. What do you suggest when a padlock appears? And what is a padlock?

Padlock is the host, that was reason you may be booted from a game. If you want to connect to that host its up to you whether you want to include it in your Geo-filter radius :)

Archived