The new elite xbox pad app, customisation looks great

Zennon

Yebs and this is true re mappable where you assign what you want and not like PS4 where you swap buttons with each other. Now that app its a grate stuff I am very impressed with it.

I can't wait for mine :)

Not to be an ass, but you have to wonder how this is going to effect Scuff, Battle Beaver and other custom controller makers? What can they answer back with since the core product has been taken away? Better customer service? Faster delivery times? I'm curious to see if these companies are in business a year from now...

The only concern I have is the paddles they are totally different then a scuff etc, has anyone had a hands on test and how does it feel to use them in game?

All Ive heard about the paddles is they are incredibly easy to press,I know someone who has one and he says it's just way to easy to push the buttons which results In him pressing it by accident a lot but I don't know if he's just being a noob or what but he reckons they are very very sensitive

All Ive heard about the paddles is they are incredibly easy to press,I know someone who has one and he says it's just way to easy to push the buttons which results In him pressing it by accident a lot but I don't know if he's just being a noob or what but he reckons they are very very sensitive

You can change the sensitivity of the analogues and triggers with the forthcoming software on the xbox one, it would be cool if you can do that for the paddles.

I can't wait for mine :)

Not to be an ass, but you have to wonder how this is going to effect Scuff, Battle Beaver and other custom controller makers? What can they answer back with since the core product has been taken away? Better customer service? Faster delivery times? I'm curious to see if these companies are in business a year from now...

I paid for mine and am anxious!  I assume the app is hosted on the Xbox not on a PC or in my case a MAC.  Anyone know for sure?

DB

I have handled the controller and it IS incredibly easy to hit those under buttons.  They are VERY easy to hit, and I did so several times completely by accident playing some stupid racing game.  I had HEARD you could adjust the sensitivity, and read it again here, so that would be a MUST imho.

Battle Beaver offers a couple of advantages, at least for me.  

1) Their service after the sale is awesome.  I have heard getting answers prior to buying is difficult, but he is a pretty small shop.  After the sale I haven't had any issues.

2) Quality.  The BBC offering is really well built and feels "solid".

3) Electronic Triggers - Their internal, electronic trigger stops kick the hell out of the Scuf drill and tap versions.  

4) Increased thumbstick sensitivity.  The XB1 sticks are lighter than the 360 sticks, by almost half(in grams of force to activate) as it turns out.  The PS4 ones are about the same, but I need more resistance on my right stick because of my thumb.  BBC will add tension as needed, allowing me to have more tension on one stick without having to do it for both.

From that aspect, I think BBC won't be hit too hard.  The people that wanted an advanced controller have been buying them already and have things they like, don't like.  The XB1 is a fantastic step forward, but it's a V1 that will DEFINITELY have a V2

I think ps4 will definitely have one in the works after seeing this.

I'm sure sony is working on it as we speak and hopefully their version is a good build and they just don't rush it just to say "sony" has a mappable controller.

Even thou I'm a sony guy,the XBOX controller look's pretty cool.I think the make or break things on it will be functionality and what price point does it enter the market at compared to BB and scuf.

You can not go by our prices here in the UK compared to the US , we get ripped off here.

Sorry to hear that Z,I was not aware of that.

Sorry to hear that Z,I was not aware of that.

You guys get things so much cheaper than us on the same devices if you convert the $ you pay to £.

Thank you for your sympathy, I need it :crys: ;)

Archived