Not a big talker "more of a lurker" Im just shy really!

Sir_smooch

Im not a massive talker, Im kind of shy but love reading all sorts of forums and the comments sections on eurogamer!

I don't know too much about forum interaction as i mostly read but i have been following the product for a little while, since someone mentioned the Duma on the talk talk forum and i finally got one from my loving partner for my birthday in august this year :)

I am 34 "mental age 20 sumthin" originally from south east london but now living in northwest England and father to 3 little sprogs so a family man.

So just wanted to say a big hi to all the netduma community, Big hugs :)

• Administrators

Hi Sir Smooch,

Very big welcome to the forum! I'm with you on the mental age thing haha!

Hope you're enjoying the Netduma :) Have you got a link to the talktalk forum I'd love to read it

Oh wow! wasn't expecting a reply from one of the main men :o kinda exciting :)

Hope you're enjoying the Netduma :) Have you got a link to the talktalk forum I'd love to read it

Ok well with a little digging lol because i didn't actually comment in the thread, i did manage to find it through the search, so heres the link to the convo i read on talk talk http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Xbox/Xbox-one-lag/m-p/1567738/highlight/true#M125

It was quite a while ago i think but had to wait till my birthday before i got the netduma because we never really had the cash but was so desperate to make Cod playable again.

Im not a massive talker, Im kind of shy but love reading all sorts of forums and the comments sections on eurogamer!

I don't know too much about forum interaction as i mostly read but i have been following the product for a little while, since someone mentioned the Duma on the talk talk forum and i finally got one from my loving partner for my birthday in august this year :)

I am 34 "mental age 20 sumthin" originally from south east london but now living in northwest England and father to 3 little sprogs so a family man.

It was talbyfish that mentions it hes a member here and i replied on the TT forum saying I had just recived mine and it was great I am mytalktalkaccount on there.

Welcome aboard :)

Hi Smooch - welcome to the forum and great to hear from you.

I'm expecting my first sprog in March - any advice?!

Ha Wow advice.......On parenting, lol where do I start? 

Tbh parenting is tough but an amazing experience! One big thing is, i don't really think it ever gets any easier, even when they get older lol. Just new challenges arise.

Obviously early on lack of sleep can be a factor if your doing any of the night feeds but hopefully after a couple or few mnths if your lucky with your child and have a relaxed atmosphere and manor then with any luck the baby will start to sleep through. But children are one of the best ways to learn things about yourself in my opinion.

But most of all as i was advised when having my first, just take it all in, enjoy each stage of your child's life because time sure does fly! And thats about it, like most things the better the support around you the easier things are :)

It was talbyfish that mentions it hes a member here and i replied on the TT forum saying I had just recived mine and it was great I am mytalktalkaccount on there.

Welcome aboard :)

Thanks dude.

I have had a few different providers. Some faster some less so, non fibre and fibre but have ended up at talk talk literally becasue they were the cheapest at the time and there router seemed quite well equipped with the hg635 although disappointed that it doesn't have a modem only mode like the virgin or sky one. I would have preffered a little more than the 1-1.5mb upload but still beggars can't be choosers ^_^.

I used to be on their ADSL package before I moved to fibre and as long as you have their LLU equipment in your exchange your on to a winner no congestion and low pings :)

Yeah I use a separate modem , the tt modem/router only left its box while the engineer was here testing the connection.

I said " As soon as your gone thats going in the bin " he laughed and said " I dont blame you haha"

I used to be on their ADSL package before I moved to fibre and as long as you have their LLU equipment in your exchange your on to a winner no congestion and low ping!

This is my first time with them and only on the medium package download speed is pretty good tbh upload could be better but is capped i think for package price, as large package gets 20 up i think.

I don't suppose you know if there is a way to find out if my exchange has there LLU equipment at all please? My games have improved overall for sure and i love everything netduma stands for.

Funnily enough though i have had 2 games where everything seemed almost perfect hit detection spot on very crisp and snappy but i kicked halfway through both games. All my other games are deffo better than no netduma!

• Administrators

Ha Wow advice.......On parenting, lol where do I start? 

Tbh parenting is tough but an amazing experience! One big thing is, i don't really think it ever gets any easier, even when they get older lol. Just new challenges arise.

Obviously early on lack of sleep can be a factor if your doing any of the night feeds but hopefully after a couple or few mnths if your lucky with your child and have a relaxed atmosphere and manor then with any luck the baby will start to sleep through. But children are one of the best ways to learn things about yourself in my opinion.

But most of all as i was advised when having my first, just take it all in, enjoy each stage of your child's life because time sure does fly! And thats about it, like most things the better the support around you the easier things are :)

Thank you! That's definitely how the missus and I plan on approaching it - with a good sense of humour and enjoying it. 

This is my first time with them and only on the medium package download speed is pretty good tbh upload could be better but is capped i think for package price, as large package gets 20 up i think.

I don't suppose you know if there is a way to find out if my exchange has there LLU equipment at all please? My games have improved overall for sure and i love everything netduma stands for.

Funnily enough though i have had 2 games where everything seemed almost perfect hit detection spot on very crisp and snappy but i kicked halfway through both games. All my other games are deffo better than no netduma!

Oh when you mentioned 1mb up i thought you were on ADSL, if you are on fibre then there will be LLU equiptment in the exchange.

Is it not 10mb up on the standard package?

Oh when you mentioned 1mb up i thought you were on ADSL, if you are on fibre then there will be LLU equiptment in the exchange.

Is it not 10mb up on the standard package?

not as far as i am aware? at least i hope not lol or ive been getting stiffed for the last 8 or so months :unsure:

Hey welcome to the forum! Very happy you decided to make an account and introduce yourself, please do stick around and comment on posts/make new threads, everyone is very friendly here :)

Thanks ever so much for all the warm welcomes and i shall try my best to be an upstanding member of the community :)

I can not find any info on their site or on 3rd party sites mentioning the upload speed for standard, mine is up to 20 but I am on the large package , "that's what she said"

Its cool, i double checked. Its upto 20mb up on the large "which the missus says is to expensive lol and if i want it then i need to earn more" or upto 2mb up on the medium. oh well, Game on! lol

​Welcome to the forums and good on your partner for getting you such a great gift!

​I like how you mention your age and then your mental age, I'm in the ame boat, I refuse to grow up. ;)

Archived