I can't understand why I'm losing my gunfights

• Netduma Staff

That in game ping, compared to your base ping is as optimum as possible and I don't think it would be possible to reduce it any further. It sounds like it is just AW being AW and playing badly, but if TDM is good then perhaps stick to that :)

TDM is the most populated lobby so should be more people to game with and get decent lobbies, I play mostly HC Dom and it has been OK connection wise but over the weekend with X2 XP a lot of DOM lobbies have been full of people playing TDM instead of going for the objective.

I didn't mind to much as I had a run of 3-4 games where my XP was coming in at over 35000 per game which for an old blind disabled duffer ain't too shabby. lol

Kids back to school over here this coming week so things hopefully will get back to normal.

Hey there, i was just wondering why your ping to your first hop (modem) is at 8.848 ms, because i maybe had the same issue 2 months ago...

My issue was that when i placed the duma beside the ps4 with the red cat6 the ping to my first hop also was at nearly 8-10 ms... I mean thats in my house and that shoud not be so high in my opinion... And after few testings i finally placed my duma beside my modem with the red cat6 cable, it really helped and now the ping to my first hop is 0,323..... And i win gun fights again.... I hope this can help you out...

• 3 weeks later...

why would you move your location into the ocean?

Here is the information on ping assist.  http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_ping_assist

Ping assist will allow you to connect to servers outside your geo filter radius as long as the ping is below your ping assist value.  By setting your home into the ocean with a radius as small as you can make it, it will basically only connect with hosts where the ping is less than your ping assist value.   

I almost exclusively play COD AW.  I can say that the player base is down and the connections have been very laggy and inconsistent lately.  

The Netduma definitely helps to find better games.  I often play with friends all over the US, so I have to use geo filter disabled when playing with them.  I can definitely tell the difference from when I play solo with the geo filter on.  

Do you play on a monitor or TV?  Do you know the display lag on it?

I saw the forum below.  I found out using the displaylag website that my Sony 55" TV display was not that good.  Therefore, I recently got a BenQ RL2460HT gaming monitor based upon the recommendations of people on this forum.  As people in the forum stated, it made a big difference in my gaming.  It is just something else to consider in your gaming equation.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/7679-recommendations-for-a-good-gaming-monitor/page-5?hl=monitor&do=findComment&comment=53275

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Here is the information on ping assist. http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_ping_assist

Ping assist will allow you to connect to servers outside your geo filter radius as long as the ping is below your ping assist value. By setting your home into the ocean with a radius as small as you can make it, it will basically only connect with hosts where the ping is less than your ping assist value.

See I dunno about that.. Because my ping assist doesn't work for shit... I'll set it to 50ms, and it's always double that 80-120... Any suggestions... I usually just shut it off and stick with the geo

See I dunno about that.. Because my ping assist doesn't work for shit... I'll set it to 50ms, and it's always double that 80-120... Any suggestions... I usually just shut it off and stick with the geo

Anyone inside your geofilter can have a ping at any range, the ping assist will connect you outside the geo-filter if they are at the number you set or lower.

It is not to block people inside the geo.

Archived