Strict or Moderate Nat In Black Ops 3?

cranium2001

Just curious if anyone has been dealing with it. I've been hearing reports and I had a strict nat on the PS4 beta but I didn't run my duma so I wasn't sure. I have yet to play the Xbox version so I want to know if I need to get busy after work. Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

I had this problem on the PS4 beta, I was advised to shut down the console then reboot the Duma then switch connsole back on then mine went from moderate to open  :huh:

Also try disabling the geofilter at first?

I did that on the Xbox One reboot everything and it didn't help. Was still Moderate and I was a 3 bar every game and bouncing all over the place. Everyone else was a full 4 bar. It would sometimes change to a 4 bar but not for long. Network setting says I have an Open NAT but BO3 says Moderate.

Just played a quick game while I had a minute and I had open nat so that's promising (at least for me). Still not a fan of core mode but....what can I do for now?

In game NAT was open? Struggling at the moment. But we shall see what 3arch does and hopefully soon.

I spoke too soon. Now it's moderate. Maybe ave been before but I'm not 100%. I'm thinking I saw party open. Tbh, party chat was a bitch at first but cleared up finally. Either way HC can't come fast enough. I'm getting destroyed but having fun. This may be my first sub 1. whatever cod in a while at this pace.

Did you guys port forward the correct CoD ports?

I have them for all three major platforms (PC, XB1, PS4) and always get OPEN NAT on every single game I play.

If you don't know which ones to forward, check this out:

http://portforward.com/help/advanced-warfare/

It's for AW, but the ports are pretty universal since it's only the game itself that changes year to year and not the ports, or networking map in the engine.

If we have our ip adresses in the dmz of our other routers/modems then surely we should have open Nat,it's obviously a beta problem as I watch loads of people streaming and haven't seen anyone with an open nat yet,hopefully all will be resolved by the time it launches it November

Yeah it seem everyone is showing moderate , I have not noticed any in game issues from it , and part chat and playing with others worked out fine last night so it is defiantly open just shows incorrectly I think.

I had Open NAT on the PS4 Beta but I wasn't using the Netduma at all because of a problem with it and my current modem. (that's another story)

I was connected to an Asus RT-AC87U router with uPnP enabled but the R1 should be able to get an Open NAT just the same.

I had to restart my router and PS4 then do a network connection test. 

You may have to restart the PS4/Xbox One a couple times but it should work. 

As long as your R1 has uPnP enabled you should be good to go. 

The R1 is very good at handling IPs and NAT so you should not set up Static IPs with it. 

Using Static IPs and getting an Open NAT is hard to do. (Trust me, I've tried many-a-time on different routers. DMZ is my best friend)

And Port Forwarding should be avoided since you can only forward to one console.

I have multiple consoles as I'm sure most you do too. 

I surmise that most NAT problems are coming from those of you not using Auto IP and uPnP.

When using Auto IP and uPnP, the router will forward the ports that are needed when it's queried by the game.

Today's routers are pretty darn smart and the R1 is the best at using uPnP that i've come across. 

• Administrators

Hi mate, If

1) AW or other games have an open NAT for you  

and

2) You have Geo-Filter disabled

and you still do not have an open NAT then its something wrong with the beta itself. 

I had open NAT on PS4 beta, Now have moderate on XBOX One ("Open" Under Network settings).  I do have full bars though, the hit detection was tighter on the PS4 and i seem to be missing hits on the Xbox when i know i've been on target. Using a lot more of the magazine on XB one i assume which is due to lag.

I saw that I had a Moderate NAT on Xbox One and it is laggy. On PS4 it was open I think. No ETA of a patch for the Xbox One.

I have the same issue, my Xbox Network says "Open" but in game it reads "Moderate".  Hope they patch it as may games lag even with my R1.  I think they may have a dedicated server in Kansas (I think that is the state??) and I kept getting connected to it even though it was outside my Geo filter range...

Audionit says "...seem to be missing hits on the Xbox when i know i've been on target. Using a lot more of the magazine on XB one i assume which is due to lag."  My experience is the same - I empty a mag into one guy and saw hit markers they he just shot me!  Heavens above I have enough problems trying to play without working against the technology as well - this is going to age me far too fast and I can't afford that! :)

DB

I opened my NAT last night and it did improve gameplay. I did a static IP, disabled upnp and port forwarded 80 on UDP, 88, 500, 3544 and 4500 on TCP/UDP and 53, 3074 and 3075 on TCP.

Not sure if disabling upnp was necessary, but my NAT is open so mission accomplished.

First go at last night I forwarded all those ports, but forgot 3075 and my NAT stayed moderate so I can at least confirm the need to open that port

Archived