.7 beta

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the reply Lain. I'm not sure what happened but it just started working. Had everything set up the way you suggested. Once it started working, I had the best connection I've had to date. Buttery smooth like playing on lan. You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work.

Dan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Future feature request; I see that when I enable strict mode it stays on or off. I would like the same for the legend when I untick it, I would like for it to stay unticked.

Yeah when you in untick legend then go over to say CC then come back to the geo filter page it's enabled again it's a bit annoying, think it's same with the km or miles

Is anyone having issues with their emblems disappearing since .7

Every time I log in my emblem is gone and I have to recreate it, sometimes it won't save, I get a "try again later" error.

I'm on AW on the Xbox360

Most likely a game bug but hadn't seen it before the upgrade.

What I'd like for a future firmware would be a Google Earth/Maps layout which allows to the street accuracy when deciding your home location and as much zoom as Google Earth too.

Probably a pipe dream but would be so awesome, especially to see the hosts/servers/dedi's..

God yes!!!

Guest Netduma Fraser

If it is ready to release, should we get the beta on the front page or will you be releasing an updated file.?

The beta is on the first post in this thread with the link to the file and its in news and announcements so hopefully most people have seen it :) There may be no need if it seems everyone is having a positive experience with it :)

Sorry I must have had a earlier beta version.  I had to unselect check version but I did not touch preserve settings.  Everything seemed to have worked.  For some reason I just knew I was going to brick my router  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

what does the ping assist bar do and what should I set it to?

It'll help find you lobbies with pings pretty much to whatever you set the Ping Assist to.

I personally am setting it at 30ms but I think 50ms is recommended.

I'd personally suggest trying 50ms and working it down, lower and lower until you get the kinds of lobbies that you like most.

Do keep in mind that some pings are just not going to happen, everyone's connections are different. I'd love a 5ms ping lol but I only get them in Counter Strike Source on the PC. :) #oldschool

what does the ping assist bar do and what should I set it to?

It'll help find you lobbies with pings pretty much to whatever you set the Ping Assist to.

I personally am setting it at 30ms but I think 50ms is recommended.

I'd personally suggest trying 50ms and working it down, lower and lower until you get the kinds of lobbies that you like most.

Do keep in mind that some pings are just not going to happen, everyone's connections are different. I'd love a 5ms ping lol but I only get them in Counter Strike Source on the PC. :) #oldschool

Archived