.7 beta

Guest Netduma_Iain

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, okay so I had my geo set at 396 k,s so very small radius really with strict mode set and my PA at 36ms. Could not get into a FFA game in AW so unchecked strict this then threw me across the Atlantic to Seattle over 7000 k,s away to the large host . I check the ping and it was 35ms so I smiled and went to war !! Very smooth game with excellent hit detection . I could not allow or deny this host though because the option disappeared so I guess this was a dedi ? So the new GEO is working well for me . I think we all need some real education maybe a video on what all the symbols mean though and Iain will no doubt be in his lab working on that with team

Guest Netduma_Iain

JP what PC are you on? Mac or windows?

Kman: Can you access the Duma interface? If so can you goto setting > misc. then click the reset button please

Just updated and looks great. Seems like a lot of thought went into this. Love the new features. 3 things... I'm getting a moderate nat. For ps4 pa, if I set to 50 ms. It doesn't matter if geo is set to 700km. It will bypass and go fine something with <50ms? Also I not sure to have both upnp enable and upnp forward enable at the same time. This is possibly why I'm not open nat. Cheer mate... This is brilliant lol (you know I'm from Boston)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its not really a closed NAT its a false report, I think. Disable the geo-filter and see if your NAT opens. If it does then nothing to worry about. Yes you're correct it will look for hosts outside your range if they are below the ping assist value(in your example 50ms).

Thanks mate ha!

Iain dont you think ive tried that like 100 times lol.

The only way to fix this issue is to completely delete your device and reboot the router and reconnect.  This worked perfectly and now i can select PSN or PA from the options.

I had 4 devices already setup on my router 1 x PS4 and 3 x PS3 and none of them would give me the PA option.

I now have another issue that has happened since I have done this.

On device manager its now showing all my other wireless devices as wired and even though my ps4 is online it is showing it as dormant!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Great its working, you probably need to fully restart every device now that you've deleted them JP.

Don't worry if it detects it as wired(non dotted line) or wireless(dotted line) its just a visual thing, it makes no difference. If it can't guess it defautls to wired. If you restart every device it should fix that but like I said don't worry about it, it makes no difference. 

i just wanted to say I've had a few of the problems mentioned, after a little searching all of them taken care of. All I can say is this little machine is a beast! .7 is working better then ever, I love being able to see the deds! Keep up the great work guys, let me know if there's anything i can do to help!

Hi Iain,

Ping assist ! Wow, will you be my really smart friend?

By the by, I purchased a Chromebook to run my Duma on a report form one of your admins on here or Twitter. Chrome supports these files... Please?

• Microsoft Office files: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt (read-only), .pptx (read-only). Learn more about viewing and editing Office documents.
  • Media: .3gp, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .m4a, .mp3, .mkv, .ogv, .ogm, .ogg, .oga, .webm, .wav
  • Compressed files: .zip, .rar
  • Other: .txt, .pdf

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi Iain,

By the by, I purchased a Chromebook to run my Duma on a report form one of your admins on here or Twitter. Chrome supports these files... Please?

• Microsoft Office files: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt (read-only), .pptx (read-only). Learn more about viewing and editing Office documents.
  • Media: .3gp, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .m4a, .mp3, .mkv, .ogv, .ogm, .ogg, .oga, .webm, .wav

I believe it supports all of those, though you may need extensions for some things. However, I dont have a Chromebook so I cant say with 100% certainty sorry. Perhaps someone with a Chromebook can help out :)

Hi Iain,

That was probably me im a major chromebook fanboy,

you shouldn't have any issues with those file types, ms word stuff you can open and use in google docs if you have issues just run it compatiability mode ( you may need to run an update)

Liking the new beta here, out of interest why can't you block dedicated servers? I was playing yesterday and kept connecting to the same lobby, dedicated server in London I think , my connection to it was jittery and I couldn't block it. Managed to connect to a different lobby after messing about and.instantly my connection improved, went 23-2 instead of 19-18 the previous game!

Liking the new beta here, out of interest why can't you block dedicated servers? I was playing yesterday and kept connecting to the same lobby, dedicated server in London I think , my connection to it was jittery and I couldn't block it. Managed to connect to a different lobby after messing about and.instantly my connection improved, went 23-2 instead of 19-18 the previous game!

Dedicated servers are too important as part of the matchmaking infrastructure for a game (I'll assume its COD:AW). Netduma won't allow us to block them as we could 'break' our matchmaking. If you are connecting to a dedicated server you do not like, manipulate your geo-filter to exclude said server by distance

Sounds good buds, I think that's how I.got around it Yesterday

Glad it worked out and you figured how to get it sorted. I think the manipulation of the home location in the geo-filter is probably one of the least used useful features.

Its not really a closed NAT its a false report, I think. Disable the geo-filter and see if your NAT opens. If it does then nothing to worry about. Yes you're correct it will look for hosts outside your range if they are below the ping assist value(in your example 50ms).

Thanks mate ha!

When geo filter enabled I get nat type failed when its disabled its fine however I was unable to hear some of my friends on party chat when Geo was enabled due to NAT limitations

Archived