Dedicated servers on Xbox one and PS4

MrRelentlessUK

Hi all

i have been testing both xbox one and ps4 on call of duty, I live in the UK so this possibly wont be the same for you but...on my xbox i have found that every game i play in AW i get the same dedi servers that are the Irish or the dutch ones, which are hit and miss mainly play bad for me.

On ps4 i have been testing cod ghosts and find that it plays superb! is this because no one play ghosts anymore? i don't know but what i have found that every game on ghosts i get the UK dedi that is on the south coast and it's perfect and the ping is much better!

I have never got this UK dedi on xbox one so assume it's used by ps4 only.

i would say at present that my xbox one is my main console as i have my astro's and a scuf one for it but BO3 is on it's way i may switch back to ps4 for the simply reason the dedi in the UK which i get every time is great.

does anyone have the same problem or feedback?

thanks 

Well buddy i am on ps4 and london based. And yes i have some love for that south dedi when i get it am a pinging it like 12 ms.

That beeing sad its not alwyas grate. I can get bad games on it. It all depends on who else will be connected.

So lastly with those dedis i have periods where i only get connected to the south one but othere times i get connected to france dutch or german ones.

Forgot to mention i play Aw ps4.

On my ps4 with the south coast dedi i get 10-12ms ping, i get this dedi all the time  :)

On my xbox one with the Irish and Dutch dedi i get between 20-40ms ping  :unsure:  :(

i have moved the home location around for the xbox one and still no joy, even if i avoid the dedi's then my ping is above 30+ 

Cheers Benormous i will give it a try

It does seem that xbox one will only get dedi's outside the UK witch is not good for UK users

Yes lukasz it's not great that Irish dedi and that's the closet one for UK palyers, it's not used by ps4 for sure 

i have BO3 beta on ps4 so i will see how that performs before i decide to switch consoles for cod 

Relentless I have recently gone back to black ops 2 because AW is just boring now.

I play on the Xbox 360 and 90% of the time I am placed on the UK server you are talking about, I think BO3 will be the same.

It's just AW and its terrible match making. I wouldn't waste your time worrying about AW as its truly a completey lost cause. I got a lot of confidence in the next cod instalment along with the new netduma upgrade.

I can't remember the last time I felt this confident about a COD title lol.

that's good to know Pro thanks, i can't play on these Irish and Dutch dedi servers anymore  :(

I have lost interest myself in AW mainly because of the match making and servers

I am a Treyarch fan so i have the confidence in them to make it better for us all

Had a major isp issue that coursed me problems since i moved in to my current address which after 10+ engineer visits only one of them found the problem, so it made AW more playable the last few weeks but only just lol

Without the Duma i couldn't imagine playing AW  :D

On my ps4 with the south coast dedi i get 10-12ms ping, i get this dedi all the time :)

On my xbox one with the Irish and Dutch dedi i get between 20-40ms ping :unsure: :(

i have moved the home location around for the xbox one and still no joy, even if i avoid the dedi's then my ping is above 30+

Cheers Benormous i will give it a try

Not saying it will work mate because ive tried putting my geo over the Dutch one only and it wouldn't find a game at all

I have recently been playing bo2 back on my 360 and I cannot imagine playing AW again! It's just such an awful game!

I say get a 360 and jump back on bo2! I was amazed to see everyday I play bo2 there is over 100k players online! Over 2 years into next gen cycle and nearly a 3 year old game and it's still got a bigger player base than ghosts and AS put together I'm sure!

Just the thought of playing AW again bores me. I even get bored watching the youtubers I follow playing AW.

Have they switched off the dedicated servers for ps4 advanced warfare (uk) for the last few nights i'm getting host migration every few games. btw its playing incredible now for two nights

in a row, i'm honestly stunned. something radical has changed, my settings are the same but now i feel like an untouchable warrior. Also now every game i'm getting in on 15 seconds

countdown, most of the year I've barely scraped in before each match starts.

• Administrators

Have they switched off the dedicated servers for ps4 advanced warfare (uk) for the last few nights i'm getting host migration every few games. btw its playing incredible now for two nights

in a row, i'm honestly stunned. something radical has changed, my settings are the same but now i feel like an untouchable warrior. Also now every game i'm getting in on 15 seconds

countdown, most of the year I've barely scraped in before each match starts.

Great to hear that! If they changed back to P2P that would be awesome :D

Maybe it's because they're getting ready for BO3. Allowing more P2P in AW and going to start moving the dedicated servers to BO3.

This.

The Beta starts tomorrow, so I am pretty sure they are gearing up for the onslaught.

The irony is they should let people pre-download because some people are going to have to spend almost the entire beta period downloading the game! It is 15GB and while that is nothing for those with fast internet, people with good -- but not great -- Internet will take at least a day which means one less day to play the beta. This is why it baffles me they haven't done preloads on PS4 yet considering how close we are to launch.

Archived