Works great!

DARK BAWGS

After all the trials and tribulations I finally got my new R1 working, and did it work!  I went on to AW and had four of my best games ever.  I am older and to get a k/d over 1 is pretty tough for me - especially when in matches when I am nothing but "cannon fodder".  Today my games were all over 1.25 with three of them over 1.5.

I don't know if it is my imagination but it seemed that the game moved much faster and I had to lower my sensitivity but got better results.  In addition the game seemed clearer; for example in "Comeback", usually the dark areas are almost impossible to see into - today they were much clearer and i could detect enemies much sooner.  

Afte this very early experience I am really impressed.  I used the GeoFilter to limit games to within 250 km - since I live in a heavily populated area there is no shortage of players and servers to choose from.

Thanks to everyone who was so patient with me and helped me get up and running. :D

DARK BAWGS

I didn't mean to imply that the brightness improved - just that the screen seemed much cleaner and crisper.  I thought perhaps it was that I was connecting closer - normally I found myself connected in the UK - long way from Canada.

I think you're under placebo if you think your screen is sharper, however I can understand if you meant things moved smoother! ;) If you're lagging or others are lagging players will skip around the screen and your guy will look like he's shivering with all the juddery movements and this router has the potential to prevent that kind of stuff from happening as much.  Glad you feel it's effects regardless.

- just that the screen seemed much cleaner and crisper.

I can second that, the best game (not whole) I had earlier was probably because I was host and when the game started it seemed like it was silky smooth, I won all my gun battles & even won quite a few battles after being attempted to be shot in the back, it was back to how it should be  :P   ... until after half-time when someone joined the enemy team & then it was all downhill from there, we ended up losing after being 60 points up at half-time on Dom... lag comp for king-pingers no doubt :angry:

After all the trials and tribulations I finally got my new R1 working, and did it work! Thanks to everyone who was so patient with me and helped me get up and running.  :D

Well done - I would appreciate if you could share what you did - I realise that we all have different connection speeds etc around the Globe - but if you are able to share your setting & what you tinkered with - I keep getting mixed game plays - sure I haven't got the Netduma set to optimum :( 

Archived