we need something to counter lag comp

kevo

we need something to counter lag compensation. im finding good lobbies with good host but im extremely behind everybody people are seeing me before i see them getting 1 shot all the time its getting crazy. i have a 20 ping but feels like i have a 800 ping and this goes for any cod i play now  ive tried throttling doesnt work ive tried different location s doesnt work idk what esle to do. i have my controller wired and i have a monitor with a 1ms response time. im getting tired of getting shot around corners and not having a chance in gun fights in a 40 ping lobby vs bad players

In order for you to not allow those laggers that trigger the Lag Compensation to beat your 'fair game', you must either...
1) Be the host of the game
2) Be in a party where either you or your friends will be host.

Either of these scenarios above will ensure that no one in the lobby or game will fall outside of the geo-filter/ping-assist range.
Usually, I notice that some parties have figured out that if they have 1 lagger in their party, chances of them winning a gunfight is higher due to lag comp giving the whole team an advantage.

My best answer to you is if you are in scenario 1, maximize your download and upload speeds and have a high chance to get host. Then during the game, you can throttle your speeds again and see the results.
And if you are in scenario 2, just throttle your speeds from the beginning. Your speeds must decrease especially if you feel like you are being lag comp-ed halfway through the game. Usually that happens to me if someone leaves the games and then a lagger manages to get in because I am in neither of the scenarios above so I cannot control who can get past the geo-filter since I am just one of the clients instead of host or a party with the host.

The moment I feel like I get lag comp-ed, I will just decrease my throttled speeds even lower and 2 minutes after the 'anti-cheat' feature of the Netduma ends, I'll feel the difference again like I have my 'fair game' back.

In order for you to not allow those laggers that trigger the Lag Compensation to beat your 'fair game', you must either...

1) Be the host of the game

2) Be in a party where either you or your friends will be host.

Either of these scenarios above will ensure that no one in the lobby or game will fall outside of the geo-filter/ping-assist range.

Usually, I notice that some parties have figured out that if they have 1 lagger in their party, chances of them winning a gunfight is higher due to lag comp giving the whole team an advantage.

My best answer to you is if you are in scenario 1, maximize your download and upload speeds and have a high chance to get host. Then during the game, you can throttle your speeds again and see the results.

And if you are in scenario 2, just throttle your speeds from the beginning. Your speeds must decrease especially if you feel like you are being lag comp-ed halfway through the game. Usually that happens to me if someone leaves the games and then a lagger manages to get in because I am in neither of the scenarios above so I cannot control who can get past the geo-filter since I am just one of the clients instead of host or a party with the host.

The moment I feel like I get lag comp-ed, I will just decrease my throttled speeds even lower and 2 minutes after the 'anti-cheat' feature of the Netduma ends, I'll feel the difference again like I have my 'fair game' back.

i  cant play in a party whenever i do the whole lobbies leaves even when im in like a party with 2 other people the other team just leaves. i havent had host since black ops 2 first came out and now whenever i get host now it just kicks me out the lobby and i have a great connection no packet loss and a low ping 

When I check my connection I use the one on   thinkbroadband.com 

They're independant also so no bias... but I only use their test for the results of the grading on 'bufferbloat'. I use the Duma for other diagnostics ;)

You're looking to get a constant 'A' result after each test meaning once you get that double 'A' (on dowload & upload), try the test several times as now & again as it might slip to a 'B' rating.

I start with my congestion both at 100% & then go down in 10% stages after each test until you see a significant positive rating, then slide both down in stages of 5%.

Now slide your congestion levels by smaller doses of 2-3% up or down, if you go too low it will be worse & unstable.

Now try loading up CoD, it tends to work for me but doesn't mean it will work for you. Just another diagnostic tool.

Try it for a few matches denying every host if lag is present in each game you try.

I class a try in CoD AW as only joining a match from the pre-match lobby so you have a chance at getting host so it will definitly take a little patience, if you join a match halfway through then you can almost guarantee you're gonna be put in a game where your team have 3 players & you make up the numbers as some players had already quit as a result of lag, don't quit, stay in that bad half-game & complete the match then the next game will be your test subject.

When you deny the hosts keep them in a section where you can keep an eye on them & group them close together, if you hit too many bad hosts then maybe it doesn't make a difference for you. You can then go back to all the hosts you denied and click on 'Reset' so you'll be back to where you started without affecting anything else.

It sounds like a lot of hassle but thats only because I've explained thoroughly, sorry buddy, I just like to be clear... more like OTT ! :lol:

Kev what are you're speeds?the other night I tried something different as AsNco said or similar,I have 80 down 20 up,I set both my sliders to 10 tgen fired up the game,let cod load up and played and it was defo smoother for me because I have been 100% getting lag compd to death

Kevo I feel your pain bro. I too have been trying different settings with no luck. At the beginning I was was putting in work. Now... I'm getting worked on. It's been frustrating.

When I check my connection I use the one on   thinkbroadband.com 

They're independant also so no bias... but I only use their test for the results of the grading on 'bufferbloat'. I use the Duma for other diagnostics ;)

You're looking to get a constant 'A' result after each test meaning once you get that double 'A' (on dowload & upload), try the test several times as now & again as it might slip to a 'B' rating.

I start with my congestion both at 100% & then go down in 10% stages after each test until you see a significant positive rating, then slide both down in stages of 5%.

Now slide your congestion levels by smaller doses of 2-3% up or down, if you go too low it will be worse & unstable.

Now try loading up CoD, it tends to work for me but doesn't mean it will work for you. Just another diagnostic tool.

Try it for a few matches denying every host if lag is present in each game you try.

I class a try in CoD AW as only joining a match from the pre-match lobby so you have a chance at getting host so it will definitly take a little patience, if you join a match halfway through then you can almost guarantee you're gonna be put in a game where your team have 3 players & you make up the numbers as some players had already quit as a result of lag, don't quit, stay in that bad half-game & complete the match then the next game will be your test subject.

When you deny the hosts keep them in a section where you can keep an eye on them & group them close together, if you hit too many bad hosts then maybe it doesn't make a difference for you. You can then go back to all the hosts you denied and click on 'Reset' so you'll be back to where you started without affecting anything else.

It sounds like a lot of hassle but thats only because I've explained thoroughly, sorry buddy, I just like to be clear... more like OTT ! :lol:

i always end up playing on the seattle server and i live way in alabama its the only server i always connect to

Kevo I feel your pain bro. I too have been trying different settings with no luck. At the beginning I was was putting in work. Now... I'm getting worked on. It's been frustrating.

yes it is i cant that shoot first and die first stuff is getting old 

Kev what are you're speeds?the other night I tried something different as AsNco said or similar,I have 80 down 20 up,I set both my sliders to 10 tgen fired up the game,let cod load up and played and it was defo smoother for me because I have been 100% getting lag compd to death

60 down and 4 up. ive tried all type of slider settings even switch up my setup from the nighthawk being the main router to the netduma being the main router and things are the same 

It's seriously the game. MarkofJ is easily my favorite cod player to watch. He's very chill and when he also complains about connection similar to yours in addition to difficulty finding games, something is definitely broken lol.

I've pretty much given up trying to play CoD. The net coding is ridiculous and the Netduma doesn't help anymore. It seems like they are favoring those with poor internet and high pings. It's definitely Lag Comp because the Host ping is 20ms, my ping is 14ms, everyone in the lobby has a higher ping than me and yet I get absolutely destroyed. I can't even pre-fire.  

kevo, follow you on Twitter, good stuff. Are you on cable (COAX) or Fiber? I use Verizon FIO's, I pay for a 35/35 but on speedtest I get 40/30. In congestion control, because your UL and DL are so far apart, set your Algorithm to "Reactive". This is the best (which works for me, I had a post about it, but got torn up a little) to "fight lag comp and bad hit detection... When your playing "in game" with your lab top or tablet on monitor "Network Monitor" on the R1 and ONLY monitor your console (PS4 or X1, I'm a PS4 guy myself). IN GAME you'll notice your upload and download never get above 1% of your bandwidth, maybe 2? So this is KEY, but where I got torn apart... In Congestion Control/Device Prioritisation put your console at that # (usually 1 or 2%) for me it's 1, UNTIC "share excess" and hit "Update Distribution" a warning will come up saying "why the F are you giving something only 1% of your bandwidth" click ok. Game on my brother. The only other bits and pieces I can add are, I have a FIO's router that my R1 is after so my R1 is in a DMZ.

I've pretty much given up trying to play CoD. The net coding is ridiculous and the Netduma doesn't help anymore. It seems like they are favoring those with poor internet and high pings. It's definitely Lag Comp because the Host ping is 20ms, my ping is 14ms, everyone in the lobby has a higher ping than me and yet I get absolutely destroyed. I can't even pre-fire.  

its crazy they favor bad connections whenever i go to pingtest.com i my connection grade is A ping is 20 i play on a monitor and my controllers are wired 

kevo, follow you on Twitter, good stuff. Are you on cable (COAX) or Fiber? I use Verizon FIO's, I pay for a 35/35 but on speedtest I get 40/30. In congestion control, because your UL and DL are so far apart, set your Algorithm to "Reactive". This is the best (which works for me, I had a post about it, but got torn up a little) to "fight lag comp and bad hit detection... When your playing "in game" with your lab top or tablet on monitor "Network Monitor" on the R1 and ONLY monitor your console (PS4 or X1, I'm a PS4 guy myself). IN GAME you'll notice your upload and download never get above 1% of your bandwidth, maybe 2? So this is KEY, but where I got torn apart... In Congestion Control/Device Prioritisation put your console at that # (usually 1 or 2%) for me it's 1, UNTIC "share excess" and hit "Update Distribution" a warning will come up saying "why the F are you giving something only 1% of your bandwidth" click ok. Game on my brother. The only other bits and pieces I can add are, I have a FIO's router that my R1 is after so my R1 is in a DMZ.

i dont use my netgear nighthawk as my main router anymore the netduma is my main router.I disabled the wifi on the netduma and my nighthawk is in ap mode just giving off a wifi signal. I did it that so i could try to take advantage of all the netduma features but ive tried all that as well all i do is lag forreal with only 1 or 2%. i just want some fair gunfights it takes me so many bullets to kill people and i get instant killed by a guy that shoots second after i unloaded a half of a clip in him

i always end up playing on the seattle server and i live way in alabama its the only server i always connect to

So, did you test it out anyway ?

i havent gamed tody

Oh I see, just the thought of turning the console on is bad enough, never mind loading the game, I know :lol:

I was on AW earlier & tbh its the worst I've had it so far. It could be the last dlc update has divided the game too much.

The Mrs had to tell me to calm down a few times :angry:

Anyway, when you get time give it a try, you got nothing to lose as you've tried everything else. Just try & keep your cool if you're dropped into a game halfway & its terrible.

Next match it divides the team differently which I hope will work in your favour...

If not, roll on BO3

It sounds like the game is giving you a bad run, I personally do not buy into this whole lag comp throttle your connection stuff. I leave mine at around 70% (28 down and 6 up which I would say is a reasonable connection) and go positive most of the time, that said there are days when I cannot seem to kill the enemy at all and can have 2-3 days in a row like that without changing the settings. Then the next day all back to normal.

I do not know why you guys battle on with AW when the old titles play so well.

Less and less players on AW though that are left are the hardcore players that are really good at the game high pings from around the world, bosh... nightmare.

I would have to agree with Kevo

I gave up Aw as its the worst cod ever made imo.. And went back to black ops 2 and I still have shoot first die first issue. I've been using the peer ping graph and seeing what ping other players have and its horrible. People with a 70+ms ping joing into games while im pinging the host a say 35ms or 40ms.. I don't understand they say ping is king but I have yet to see that, how do you compete with some at 70ms with lag comp penalizing me for having great ping..... This I just my opinion from what I've played

Archived