we need something to counter lag comp

kevo

Leave your sliders at 100 when in lobby and waiting when players join and the countdown times out and the loading screen show's move your sliders to 70. When the game ends move them back to 100. Rinse and repeat

Could you explain what effect this has ?

Cheers

Give it a try and see if it helps bud, don't adjust your sliders until your actually in game or at the loading screen, when not actually IN game leave them at 100, works for me

Thanks for that tip. Will try. Though you do know that there is still the 2 minute 'anti cheating' feature that will cause your new slider settings to only take effect 2 minutes later right?

I really do think that you will help yourself and every other gamer on the planet if you optimise your connection to the best it can be and stop buying into the whole throttle your connection to be just playable thing.

Use the R1 to sort out your bandwidth control to around the 70% mark and accept that some games you are not going to win. Some fights you are not going to win, certainly in AW.

Some people have major problems with AW some don't just like some have major problems with BO2 and some don't.

I wouldn't even use my BO2 disk to put my coffee cup on it plays so badly so I simply stopped playing it. (and yes I have tried it with the R1 and it still sucks)

This is to nobody in particular but the next game you play where you are lagging like crazy, record it and watch it back. You may or may not be surprised at the results!!!! Sometimes that guy you put a full clip into you may find you only actually landed 1 or 2 shots.

On top of that as has already been said, there are some damn good players at AW this late into it.

No I wasn't aware of the anti cheat feature and this wasn't to combat lag or to throttle this is just generally what I do before each and every game because 70 UL and DL Cap what's been suggested to me and yes it does get a tad tedious constantly moving them back and forth haha but it works for me, if I find I'm behind the game and I don't like what's going on map wise ill just leave and find a fresh lobby, but I also agree with bagsta regardless of how good you are at the game the chances are your not going to win every single game you play. it's the same with fifa, with every win streak comes a losing streak, it's balance and some kind of strange momentum algorithm.

The whole throttling ur internet bandwidth has 100% worked for me in the past,im not advising it but when I first got my duma (December 2014) I didn't have a fibre connection but I still put my sliders to 35 on both and honest the hit detection was unbeleivable,that no longer works for me and leaving it at 70 on both now has the best connection,the game back then was obviously a lot more popular so connection would have been better and also not as many dedis then too

we need something to counter lag compensation. im finding good lobbies with good host but im extremely behind everybody people are seeing me before i see them getting 1 shot all the time its getting crazy. i have a 20 ping but feels like i have a 800 ping and this goes for any cod i play now  ive tried throttling doesnt work ive tried different location s doesnt work idk what esle to do. i have my controller wired and i have a monitor with a 1ms response time. im getting tired of getting shot around corners and not having a chance in gun fights in a 40 ping lobby vs bad players

It's not so much the lag compensation, but the fact the modified Quake 3 engine has a built-in internal latency of around 180ms. 

We could not play in (close to) real time without lag compensation. If we didn't have lag comp, you would have to aim in front of, or behind players in order to hit them which is far worse than having an inaccurate picture of the game due to lag compensation.

The game has to sort out numerous scenarios all going on at once at the speed of light, so it is going to make mistakes. This is where lag compensation AND having a good (or in CoD's case) bad netcode also plays a role. None of this is relevant if the engine itself has a higher-than-normal internal latency which the BO2 branch of the engine does, for some reason while the others (IW) does not. 

As stated numerous times, all you have to do is play a split screen match, or even a match with bots set to Veteran, and you can see and feel the delay even on a local game. That's a clear indicator the game is not calculating things properly in a closed environment, let alone when you introduce online latency into the equation.

So, yes, players with 70ms ping connecting to games with players with 30ms ping is bad for everybody, but it's mostly because of how badly the engine is coded along with its netcode. In games with better netcode and lower engine latency, a high ping player will always be at a disadvantage. This is not so in CoD, for some unknown reason. However, there is nothing we can do except make sure we are doing everything within our power to make our gaming experience optimal and live with the broken netcode / engine that is CoD.

P.S. -- One last thing that is also throwing a monkey wrench into an already spinning tornado is the weapon variants.

In past CoDs you had weapons with different attributes, but they were all uniform across all players. There was a set band where all the weapons performed equally in. In AW, you can have somebody with a weapon that fires twice as a fast as somebody who doesn't... Even though it is the same weapon, so-to-speak. This effects the game in negative ways because the engine has to make additional calculations on top of the increased player movement.

So, like most things in life, it's not just one thing... Although, I would argue it is the archaic Q3 engine that is the main culprit for why AW (and presumably BO3) plays so awful, terrible match making aside thanks to SBMM.

I do not know why you guys battle on with AW when the old titles play so well.

Less and less players on AW though that are left are the hardcore players that are really good at the game high pings from around the world, bosh... nightmare.

Agreed.  There were 111K players on Black Ops 2 last night.  Last Friday night there were almost 115K.  I haven't seen totals this high, outside of a double XP weekend, since Ghosts was a month or so old.

Bops 2 been playing sweet, yes there are some games that are hard but some players will be as good or better then yourself, time to grit down and pull it out of the bag.

Bops 2 been playing sweet yes there are some games that are hard but some players will be as good or better then yourself from time to time, time to grit down and pull it out of the bag.

LOL - I have been getting SMOKED lately.  There are some good players coming back to the title and you can really tell who has been playing AW and who hasn't.  Map control is ALL OVER THE BOARD depending on the lobby and the company.   :(  :huh:

Its ok to get smoked,we cant always be on top form I warm up for a few games then I peak for around 3 to 4 games doing well top of the leader in the lobby then i tail off so i stop playing.

We can not always be at the top of the leader all night, it's fun while it lasts :)

Less and less players on AW though that are left are the hardcore players that are really good at the game high pings from around the world, bosh... nightmare.

im talking about every cod not just aw weather its mw3 bo2 ghosts bo or mw2 

i havent ran into any good players just campers 

Campers may get a few kills, but the bad ones usually think they are "invisible" which makes them easy targets since you know where they are after they kill you. This is one instance where "Revenge Spawns" come in handy because chances are you will be fairly close to the camper and they will still be there for you to even the score...

I feel u Kevo....Speaking of The MarkofJ..what's the difference between his connection and our Netduma connection... I've wondering that for a while. Its frustrating because he doesn't have one and he's been dropping 100 pluses and quad feeds like it's nothing. What Is the secret. My Netduma hasn't been great either. I've done all those things they are talking about. Its gotta be a way. Its a guy on YouTube Tryhardundies.. he's a beast using the R1. I mean really dominant in every way. I did his settings and nothing worked. I've all the setting some of the guys on here where talking about. Its frustrating and crazy because I watch Markofj and he dominates day after day consistently with a almost 5 kd in every Cod. Yet we have the greatest router and I'm loosing gunfights to guys lower than a 1 kd. And I'm very good at most of the cods. Bo1 kd is 3.69....Ghost- 2.13, Bo2 -1.91, Mw3- 2.11 and I don't play AW lol. Hate that game. I just really really like to know what really really separates Markofj Connection from ours. Been wondering that for years...and don't say skill because as u just seen I've had really good Kds in every cod. Don't care how skillful u are, if your bullets are not registering...u are dead. I've been on both ends of lag. I know I can be better but again I'm having the same problems as Kevo. The exact same.

Many Youtubers use smurf accounts, so SBMM matches them with lower-skilled opponents. That's why they can dominate a lot in their videos. Drift0r even admitted to this in one video where he prefers playing on the PS4 because it's not competitive as the XB1. That's going to change next year, but he flat out said he was using a low-ranked account for "testing purposes" to see how strong (or not) SBMM really is. Yeah, "testing purposes"...

Also, most Youtubers play it safe and simply control a specific area. They don't move around the map which I find boring and lacking in skill. Anybody can get a bunch of kills of they "patrol camp" an area. So, a lot of their so-called skill is smoke and mirrors if you look beyond the K/D...

I feel u Kevo....Speaking of The MarkofJ..what's the difference between his connection and our Netduma connection... I've wondering that for a while. Its frustrating because he doesn't have one and he's been dropping 100 pluses and quad feeds like it's nothing. What Is the secret. My Netduma hasn't been great either. I've done all those things they are talking about. Its gotta be a way. Its a guy on YouTube Tryhardundies.. he's a beast using the R1. I mean really dominant in every way. I did his settings and nothing worked. I've all the setting some of the guys on here where talking about. Its frustrating and crazy because I watch Markofj and he dominates day after day consistently with a almost 5 kd in every Cod. Yet we have the greatest router and I'm loosing gunfights to guys lower than a 1 kd. And I'm very good at most of the cods. Bo1 kd is 3.69....Ghost- 2.13, Bo2 -1.91, Mw3- 2.11 and I don't play AW lol. Hate that game. I just really really like to know what really really separates Markofj Connection from ours. Been wondering that for years...and don't say skill because as u just seen I've had really good Kds in every cod. Don't care how skillful u are, if your bullets are not registering...u are dead. I've been on both ends of lag. I know I can be better but again I'm having the same problems as Kevo. The exact same.

When I look at 'Tryhardundies' it looks like someone using a mouse and keyboard on his PS4. But I may be wrong. But it seems to look that way to me.

Anyway, Ghosts has been confirmed to have the lowest amount of in-game engine latency and almost on par with MW2. That is why he can dominate at the game.

This Youtuber has tested on this issue. https://youtu.be/rowbZzfPMKk

Archived