DumaOS 3.2 firmware release date for consumers

• Administrators

Hi Adrian, we don't give out dates for betas or firmware releases, any new information will be put in that table so you can see at what stage we are at. Assuming testing goes well it will likely change to preparing for release or something similar so you know it could release pretty quickly.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Adrian, we don't give out dates for betas or firmware releases, any new information will be put in that table so you can see at what stage we are at. Assuming testing goes well it will likely change to preparing for release or something similar so you know it could release pretty quickly.

Hopefully 3.2 comes to xr500 very soon waiting on ping optimizer and more and hopefully the r1 someday too!

hello I bought the netgear xr1000 router since the last update 100.64 I think it's good I can't access the duma os interface anymore it puts a json error message something like it's terrible to pay 350€ for a router when little more used of course I made the recipe after that I came across the netgear site without going any further the good joke I tested on windows 10 x64 with firefox chrome and that of windows IE here I am disgusted of the purchase

2 hours ago, Gamer-pc said:

hello I bought the netgear xr1000 router since the last update 100.64 I think it's good I can't access the duma os interface anymore it puts a json error message something like it's terrible to pay 350€ for a router when little more used of course I made the recipe after that I came across the netgear site without going any further the good joke I tested on windows 10 x64 with firefox chrome and that of windows IE here I am disgusted of the purchase

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your XR1000, could you please create a new topic in the Nighthawk Pro Gaming sub-forum with the following information:

• When you first noticed the issue occurring and any network changes that took place just before
  • A screenshot of the error message
  • If the error still occurs after clearing your browsers cache

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Liam, Fraser,

As I can see in the table below the latest firmware (3.2 version) XR1000 has passed testing and has been sent to NETGEAR.

Is there still some part of the verification which has to be done on their end? Are you still waiting for feedback from them?

They did not publish anything here: https://www.netgear.com/support/download/?model=XR1000&_ga=2.150929780.336497755.1655151669-1167615601.1655151669

image.thumb.png.ff7a16b99806ff7ece3dbfb3b951cdad.png

Best Regards,

Adrian M.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Kadafi said:

Now we are in October and still NO Duma OS 3.2 on the XR1000 🤔 Why does ist take soooo Long? 

Welcome to the forum!

We're not sure exactly where it is in their testing process, we are still working with them quite intensely on XR1000 firmware at the moment, but I at least was under the impression the last version we sent over was ready for their testing and that it would be released first. I'll speak with the team and if there's any further update we can provide on it, we'll update the firmwares page mentioned above accordingly.

@Netduma Liam

Any news out for the XR700 DumaOs 3.2 update because thats really a long time ago it had a update for the DumaOs.

If i was correct first the XR500 then XR700 and after that the XR1000 will get the update if i am right ?

Hope the XR700 doesnt get forgotten 😅

Really wondering how it will perform with the new software, because it is a beast of a machine mine still performing perfectly with a lot of devices connected and getting lower ping and bufferbloat results then any other router I have laying around here.

If there is any beta program out for the XR700 would love to get included to test out 😁

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Hope the XR700 doesnt get forgotten 😅

Really wondering how it will perform with the new software, because it is a beast of a machine mine still performing perfectly with a lot of devices connected and getting lower ping and bufferbloat results then any other router I have laying around here.

If there is any beta program out for the XR700 would love to get included to test out 😁

Definitely not forgotten! It certainly is a beast, should be able to handle 3.2 pretty easily! That will be NGs call, if there is then it will be posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Often people who don't know software testing inside out don't grasp that you can't just change a line of code, test it and then release the product. I remember a one line bug that was fixed but an  intel development team. It was an easy fix. They tested the change but  ignored the "golden rule" in the book of software testing and released the product. The change they made had a knock on effect and caused a fatal bug in a completely separate piece of code. It was hundreds to one against, but it happened. The worst part was that it only became apparent months later after it had caused millions of dollars of damage to projects all over the world. intel's reputation was badly damaged, the product destroyed. intel sacked the entire development team.

The golden rule is - when a product is tested, don't just test what you think you need to test - test it all! That's why it's so slow to test even a simple change. And it's best to save a number of fixes up to justify the time spent testing. All in all, it just takes far more time than you would think.

Often people who don't know software testing inside out don't grasp that you can't just change a line of code, test it and then release the product. I remember a one line bug that was fixed but an  intel development team. It was an easy fix. They tested the change but  ignored the "golden rule" in the book of software testing and released the product. The change they made had a knock on effect and caused a fatal bug in a completely separate piece of code. It was hundreds to one against, but it happened. The worst part was that it only became apparent months later after it had caused millions of dollars of damage to projects all over the world. intel's reputation was badly damaged, the product destroyed. intel sacked the entire development team.

I have no clue who you were referring to by mentioning those nice words from the above: "Often people who don't know software testing inside out don't grasp that you can't just change a line of code..."

Maybe not all the people in this thread could be classified as "really don't know anything abut software testing..."

I personally work since 2014 in software testing and gathered a lot of experience over the years from that (so please be nice when addressing to the public):):) 

NO one says change a line of code and that will fix all the issues in the firmware :)

All in all, nice story about the fatal bug :)

The golden rule is - when a product is tested, don't just test what you think you need to test - test it all! That's why it's so slow to test even a simple change. And it's best to save a number of fixes up to justify the time spent testing. All in all, it just takes far more time than you would think.

Go tell your boss you will need more time that he can imagine and see what happens :) 

That's why you have to obey another golden rule in order to test SMARTER not HARDER.

GO GO test automation!

Tbh Ive been waiting since march 2021 for netduma/Netgear try to fix the DHCP issues. 

The netduma team do work hard and I appreciate that but updates/firmware releases are not netduma or Netgear strong point. You only have to look at the previous history of updates to see that. 

Takes for too long.

Be grateful netgear has held on to older routers. Yes the main routers the 500 and 700 models are long in the tooth and other companies including netgear have continued forward with newer technology models although they are not DumaOS. 

if you really dive into the updates it FEELS like Covid came and went in between updates. I frequent this board even though my XR500 is collecting dust in the closet for months. 

at this point I should be looking into the 1000 model as it’s newer. Or Netduma in house router to be further developed compared to the netgear line as Netduma should not have anything in the way of them selves. 

Happy Halloween 🎃 2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 8:11 AM, munteanadrian88 said:

I have no clue who you were referring to by mentioning those nice words from the above: "Often people who don't know software testing inside out don't grasp that you can't just change a line of code..."

Maybe not all the people in this thread could be classified as "really don't know anything abut software testing..."

I personally work since 2014 in software testing and gathered a lot of experience over the years from that (so please be nice when addressing to the public):):) 

NO one says change a line of code and that will fix all the issues in the firmware :)

All in all, nice story about the fatal bug :)

Go tell your boss you will need more time that he can imagine and see what happens :) 

That's why you have to obey another golden rule in order to test SMARTER not HARDER.

GO GO test automation!

It was aimed at readers who have enough software knowledge and know that some bugs are easy to fix, but they don't have experience of professional test departments so they don't know that even a simple fix requires a LOT of testing. 

Grief, I bet I get as impatient as the financial dept does when a product is not released, but I have a lot of respect for managers who listen to the testers when they say "no, can't release it yet". We can only assume if the company had more resources they would throw them at testing, but what do we know? The same rules don't apply to every product or every company.

Anyway, I hate waiting too, but you know at least NetDuma actually release updates, some companies never seem to even do that.