R2 Router keeps losing ISP connection

SPECTRUM

16 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK there's some good info in this log, let me pass this over to a developer and get them to look into it. We'll keep you updated.

Might be safer to read the logs from 16:05 till 16:20 just to be sure as I was caught off guard when it happened (was in a meeting with my management :))
Thanks so far, I hope to hear some positive news from the developers.

Any update on this issue? I've switched to my R2 today running the .394 firmware and it's also disconnecting quite a lot. I'm running a ping plotter test and am getting some random packetloss as well. When the connection drops out, it's my PC that disconnects but my console is still working while I play, I just start experiencing some laggy moments. It doesn't say I'm getting packetloss in game but it feels like it.

I haven't used the R2 in a while but I don't recall this happening when I did use it with the .394 firmware months back. I definitely restored to factory after the update and started from scratch.

Drop outs occur with using upstream DNS and with using google DNS. DHCP lease set to 168 hours. Both console and PC is hardwired.

Switching to my other router with the same cables & there's not a single packetloss.

I've attached a file of some info leading up to my PC dropping connection

r2issue.txt

• Administrators

As it's the weekend I don't have any information on this currently, we can check in on Monday and see if the dev had time to take a look on Friday or not but will likely need a bit more time.

We've recently introduced Early Access for beta firmware for the R2, may be worth signing up and once approved seeing if that firmware resolves those issues:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

• Administrators
8 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

Any update on this please? It is really getting annoying :(

Sorry about the delay, it's a tough week with the Jubilee holidays (we're based in the UK) I will leave a message for them to respond asap next week when they're back.

On 6/2/2022 at 7:05 AM, SPECTRUM said:

Any update on this please? It is really getting annoying :(

Could you please send an email over to [email protected] with a link to this topic and your original order number? Our developer believes that this may be a hardware issue. I think the best way to resolve this would be to get a replacement out to you.

7 hours ago, nightstorm said:

Mine has been doing the exact same thing... Still thinking hardware?

That diagnosis was decided after checking the logs. Could you please create a new topic in R2 support and detail your issue as much as possible? We can then take a look into it with you.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please send an email over to [email protected] with a link to this topic and your original order number? Our developer believes that this may be a hardware issue. I think the best way to resolve this would be to get a replacement out to you.

Thank you so much for your time and the developers time who is looking into this case.
I've just send an e-mail with the topic link and my order number.

Regards,

On 6/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have any idea what the response time is on the e-mail? I haven't heard back since last week exactly.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SPECTRUM said:

Do you have any idea what the response time is on the e-mail? I haven't heard back since last week exactly.

Thanks!

Should be much quicker than that. Is it the same email as the one linked with your forum account? We don't appear to have received anything from that.

18 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Should be much quicker than that. Is it the same email as the one linked with your forum account? We don't appear to have received anything from that.

It was send from my private e-mail, because that is the e-mail I ordered the router with.
I do not want to share my public e-mail on this form, but the subject from the e-mail is "Netduma R2 replacement following topic 39313" this might help you find the e-mail.

(If you still want the e-mail address, I can send you it in DM or something?)

Sorry, did not know you where expecting me to send the e-mail from my forum linked e-mail address.

Regards,

47 minutes ago, SPECTRUM said:

It was send from my private e-mail, because that is the e-mail I ordered the router with.
I do not want to share my public e-mail on this form, but the subject from the e-mail is "Netduma R2 replacement following topic 39313" this might help you find the e-mail.

(If you still want the e-mail address, I can send you it in DM or something?)

Sorry, did not know you where expecting me to send the e-mail from my forum linked e-mail address.

Regards,

Ah - something about it got flagged as spam so I never saw it. I'll get back to you over email now.

Just a heads-up - I received the router (thank you for the fast shipping), but I won't have the time this week to test it (going on a 4-day holiday soon).
So I will test it next week when I am back and let you know the outcome etc.

Regards,

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

Just a heads-up - I received the router (thank you for the fast shipping), but I won't have the time this week to test it (going on a 4-day holiday soon).
So I will test it next week when I am back and let you know the outcome etc.

Regards,

No worries at all, thanks for letting us know you received it, enjoy your holiday and let us know when you can!