Shoot first die first since 3 CoDs now..

MPiii

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

he just need to hit his shots bud

What are you talking about man?

I am a good player and Im playing CoD over 10 years now, I know when I hit an opponent or not.

And it feels weird, my hit detection, thats why I bought the xr-500. But if everything gets worse, I will send this back, because no one is helping me.

2 minutes ago, MPiii said:

I am a good player and Im playing CoD over 10 years now, I know when I hit an opponent or not.

And it feels weird, my hit detection, thats why I bought the xr-500. But if everything gets worse, I will send this back, because no one is helping me.

no hit detection is when you land hitmarker after hitmaker and you don't get the kill, what you are not getting is aim assist and the shots need to be a little tighter to the target. you slow the video down slow enough you can see majority of the rounds passing by the enemy

• Administrators

I slowed the video down too, its easier to see when you play it at 0.25x speed. There are definitely some shots that miss, at the very least the first 2, in game it feels different because it happens so quickly, it's only when slowed down that you can see how much sway the gun actually has and that's not really a lag issue. I'm in no way doubting your skills as a player, just advising based on what I can see. Do try the suggestions from my previous post: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38492-shoot-first-die-first-since-3-cods-now/?do=findComment&comment=331447

Yeah, I must agree. MPiii clearly missed his shots. The  fact that he’s disputing it makes it clear what he’s looking for in the XR500 is NOT what the device is intended for. There is no “magical” configuration that will allow you to miss your first shots, acquire target, then kill the guy. That would then allow the other enemy to make the claim of “shot first, die first”. 

Most of the people complaining about the Netduma hardware and Call of Duty are typically not great players to begin with and are looking for something(Netduma) to cover for their self perceived “skill level”. The idea that there ARE such people better than them doesn’t compute. 

LOL I will sell "Network optimization" as well for $300. 99% of all this optimalisation is snake oil.

In private games you also have the issue that the game depends on the host connection, it looks like the other guy is host. And sice CoD players try joking around with their connections there is also a risk the other guy as host will do that.

Aside from the other comments given, you can see ping in the upper left corner which fluctuates from 35 to 39 ms. CoD measures this from the actual UDP datastream. For a private game this is actually quite good. I you have this with your stock router as well a XR500 is not going to make your game better. I am actually a bit supprised by this as in a previous post you have quite a bit of packet loss.

For cable connections the place to start first is usually the modem, see if you have a Puma-6 chipset and check out your modem's signal values and interference levels.

the biggest thing that is being left out is his actual ping to his speed test. Its 16ms when the majority of players playing wagers are no more then 1 to 2ms. He plays with cross play on, and hes also at a hardware acceleration disadvantage. i tried explaining to him to set up his connection the best that he can and just have fun with the cards that are dealt to him. only other option is move closer to the servers

10 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

the biggest thing that is being left out is his actual ping to his speed test. Its 16ms when the majority of players playing wagers are no more then 1 to 2ms. He plays with cross play on, and hes also at a hardware acceleration disadvantage. i tried explaining to him to set up his connection the best that he can and just have fun with the cards that are dealt to him. only other option is move closer to the servers

Closer to the server... live in a house with fiber to the house.. etc etc.. only so much you can do sometimes a 300$ optimization aint gonna cut it.. unfortunate as it is.

Actually the speedtest result should not matter.

In private games the host should eliminate host advantage by giving the host extra artificial latency.

He plays a European opponent and in Europe cable internet with 10-15ms base latency is still very common.

Also not sure what you mean about 'hardware acceleration' disadvantage.

Im playing on ps5 and with a 120hz monitor.

I dont want magical things, I just want to sponge bullets like my opponents everytime, or I want to kill them as quick as they kill me.

I dont know, what to do anymore, Ive tried everything and nothing helps.

Tried upnp on or off, open ports, ps5 to Game console, ipv6 enabled, disabled, etc etc. QoS 70% 20% 100%.

But all feel the same.

Thats why I wanted an optimization for the BEST possible setup, and then I just have to deal with it.

But WHAT EXACTLY is the BEST config??

Also: in the first 6 months in cold war, I had a good connection, I sponged and killed the enemies quick.

Ive played with a Fritzbox 6591 cable and wireless.

I also tried Wireless, but on the xr-500 its even worse.

Fritzbox 6591 is a Puma-6 modem/router. You can improve a bit by going to a Broadcom modem but that generally depends on what is available through your provider. (Europe uses the EuroDOCSIS standard so most off the shelf stuff meant for USA does not work here)

Based on the ping and jitter you are getting though, 35-39ms in that game you not likely to do much better with other routers. QoS is not an issue either with these pings.

QoS only works if you have actual network congestion.

There is one thing that you can try and run speedtest while using pingplotter. Cable systems have a tendancy to increase latency when you have a a lot of traffic going on, especially on Puma based modems. This shows on pingplotter. But if you are not using any other devices while playing this is purely theoretical.

Also if you are playing for money I would have been playing on a PC instead of console. Thing is that GPU's are rediculously priced though.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Fritzbox 6591 is a Puma-6 modem/router. You can improve a bit by going to a Broadcom modem but that generally depends on what is available through your provider. (Europe uses the EuroDOCSIS standard so most off the shelf stuff meant for USA does not work here)

Based on the ping and jitter you are getting though, 35-39ms in that game you not likely to do much better with other routers. QoS is not an issue either with these pings.

QoS only works if you have actual network congestion.

There is one thing that you can try and run speedtest while using pingplotter. Cable systems have a tendancy to increase latency when you have a a lot of traffic going on, especially on Puma based modems. This shows on pingplotter. But if you are not using any other devices while playing this is purely theoretical.

Also if you are playing for money I would have been playing on a PC instead of console. Thing is that GPU's are rediculously priced though.

Thanks for your answer, I think in EU I cant use any other modems, thats why I use the Fritzbox.

The ping is very inconsistent on pingplotter, even without any down and uploads. Thats because of cable internet I think.

But what can I do now?

PC isnt an option, there are too many hacker.

Can the Fritzbox read the signal values from the modem?

Cable internet is very suspectible to interferance, your house connections, Coax from the wall to the modem etc need to be properly shielded. Usually you can view these values in your modem. You can also view if there is many uncorrectable errors on your connection.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Can the Fritzbox read the signal values from the modem?

Cable internet is very suspectible to interferance, your house connections, Coax from the wall to the modem etc need to be properly shielded. Usually you can view these values in your modem. You can also view if there is many uncorrectable errors on your connection.

Yes the Fritzbox can read the signal values, but I dont know how to see it when its on bridge mode. 

Also: How do I get 20/20 with the xr-500?

Screenshot_2022-01-23-18-53-19-543_com.android.chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, MPiii said:

I feel you, try these settings. Upnp off/disable ddos protection/dmz your playstation/set Download and upload speed to 15mbps/ next:

traffic prioritize 

Source port(3074:3074) Destination port(1:65535)

Try this setup and let me know

2 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

I feel you, try these settings. Upnp off/disable ddos protection/dmz your playstation/set Download and upload speed to 15mbps/ next:

traffic prioritize 

I will try it out, can you tell me if I should enable or disable ipv6?

And should I set down and upload just for Playstation to 15mbps or my whole internet?

Just now, MPiii said:

And should I set down and upload just for Playstation to 15mbps or my whole internet?

This one is my second question

Set bandwidth allocation to device then set only your Playstation to 15. Also turn share mode off

2 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

Set bandwidth allocation to device then set only your Playstation to 15. Also turn share mode off

Thank you. I will try it.

And where should I set the sliders on QoS? And Always, automatically, or never?

17 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

traffic prioritize 

TCP or UDP for the 3074 port? And normal or gaming? And WAN?