Shoot first die first since 3 CoDs now..

MPiii

Hey,

I have read a couple of threads here, but I decided to open a topic by myself, hopefully I will solve my problem that way.

To my problem:

I am a competitive Call of duty player and Im playing for money.

I have cable internet with 500MB down, 50MB up.

My problem is, that most of the time I die so quick, while my enemies needs more bullets than me to die..

Its just more than one Call of Duty, so I decided to buy a xr-500.

I have tested the xr-500 a couple of hours, set the QoS to 70% both and I tried it out.

It was a little bit better, but not perfect.

I have made a bufferbloat test on the Internet and I still got B grade on the website.

Now my setup is: modem, edgerouter-4, xr-500 in ap mode, console.

I have now 0ms bufferbloat and A+ grade, but its even worse than before?

Could someone help me finally fix this problem?

I would appreciate that so much..

Maybe I have the wrong settings, I dont know..

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

0 bufferbloat doesn't necessarily matter too much as that only comes into play when your connection is saturated. What is the modem model? 

If you're playing for money are you playing in private games? What is your average ping shown in game? Where abouts are you located?

• Administrators

I'd suggest following this guide while saturating the connection with downloads/streams and trying different Congestion Control percentages until you lower the results as much as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping what are your Traffic Prioritization settings? You may also benefit from putting the setting NAT to Open in WAN Settings so there are no potential port conflicts. What is the model of the modem the edgerouter is connected to? 

Also the XR should really be behind the modem for QoS to work optimally.

I already tried putting the xr behind the modem for QoS, but it doesnt work.

I dont have Traffic Priorization settings.

How do I put the setting NAT to Open in WAN settings?

The modem is a simple Vodafone Station from my ISP.

• Administrators

What do you mean it doesn't work? Traffic Prioritization is apart of the QoS page, scroll down to see it. Go to Setting > WAN Settings then click Open on the NAT setting instead of secured. The Vodafone station is a router I believe, what settings have you changed on that to ensure an open NAT? Looks like you're essentially using 3 routers at once which is unnecessary and adds extra hops.

Okay so you would advice me to sell the edgerouter-4?

The QoS didnt work, I still had bufferbloat on different websites. This is what I meant.

Yes its a router, but I set him to bridge mode.

What exactly should I Traffic Priorize in the settings?

Edit:

So I dont use the edgerouter anymore and I will reset the xr-500.

Can you say what exactly I have to set up?

Its resetted now.

• Administrators

The results on the sites don't necessarily indicate that the QoS isn't working. You don't necessarily have to sell it but ideally you'd use just one router for routing. I wouldn't worry about these tests specifically, do the tests I mentioned above to fine the best percentage that will work for you. For Traffic Prioritization disable Classified Games and add the console with the Games Console service - Traffic type use Normal if connected via ethernet and enable Apply to WAN.

Thank you. I will try that.

One more problem: I play vanguard on ps5, and on PC I also play vanguard and warzone.

How can I set that perfectly up?

And which percentage should I put on console/pc etc.?

• Administrators

So by doing the above that will give you the best Congestion Control settings for the whole network. Bandwidth Allocation you can leave as the default, for PC you can make the same Traffic Prioritization rule for it as above. If you play on WiFi select Gaming/Voice instead of Normal but other than that its all the same.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, MPiii said:

Got it.

So I have to keep UPnP enabled AND NAT setting to open?

I have both on 70% and the ping doesnt go that high.

You don't have to but I would advise it. Are you doing downloads and streams etc to max out the connection?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The results on the sites don't necessarily indicate that the QoS isn't working. You don't necessarily have to sell it but ideally you'd use just one router for routing. I wouldn't worry about these tests specifically, do the tests I mentioned above to fine the best percentage that will work for you. For Traffic Prioritization disable Classified Games and add the console with the Games Console service - Traffic type use Normal if connected via ethernet and enable Apply to WAN.

I noticed that under DUMAOS Classified Games, Games Console is already there. I have also set my PC to Games Console. I have tried this way but left Duma Classified Games enabled and they both switch on and off for traffic priority with roughly the same upload and download packets. The only difference is the traffic type is Normal with Apply to WAN setting. My issue now is that my uploads is higher than my downloads and I am quite lost if this is abnormal or completely normal? I am trying to fine tune my connection settings based on my 1gbps upload/download connection which is hardly saturated in the first place as I have less than 10 devices in total in a 3 person household. Any help would be great! I am still not sure if I should set my PC to Games Console though I find it works better than setting it as Computer under Device Type.

What is your ISP and what type of connection / modem do you have?

I used Ziggo in Holland and with a Puma6 modem I always had bad results, changing to a enterprise modem with Broadcom chipset made things a lot better for me.

8 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

I noticed that under DUMAOS Classified Games, Games Console is already there. I have also set my PC to Games Console. I have tried this way but left Duma Classified Games enabled and they both switch on and off for traffic priority with roughly the same upload and download packets. The only difference is the traffic type is Normal with Apply to WAN setting. My issue now is that my uploads is higher than my downloads and I am quite lost if this is abnormal or completely normal? I am trying to fine tune my connection settings based on my 1gbps upload/download connection which is hardly saturated in the first place as I have less than 10 devices in total in a 3 person household. Any help would be great! I am still not sure if I should set my PC to Games Console though I find it works better than setting it as Computer under Device Type.

Thanks for posting, could you please create a new topic for you issue? That way we can focus on you.

If possible, could you include a screenshot of your current Traffic Prio rules?

This was just an example. Most of the time I get killed by 3 bullets and I need more.

Please believe me, Im playing competitive sind 10 years now.

I dont know what to do anymore..

Also if Im doing the Benchmark in the router menu, I get "D" because of my download, but when I do a speedtest in the internet, I will get my full download

Edit: Should I enable or disable ipv6? I have it disabled right now, but I usually have ipv6