Warzone Lag - The usual Shoot first die first

I have a similar setup and I connected the NetDuma R2 to the BT SmartHub and then in the SmartHub web interface, enabled the DMZ setting and selected the NetDuma as the DMZ device. I then reconfigured all network devices (laptop, PC etc.)  to point to the NetDuma exclusively, basically using the SmartHub as a modem so to speak. If you do go down this avenue, you'll need to re-ip the SmartHub as the NetDuma and SmartHub can't be on the same network subnet due to routing, so I have my SmartHub on a 192.168.2.254/24 and my NetDuma on a 192.168.1.254/24. My BT internet is totally ass due to my location, 13 meg down, 1.5 meg up and I don't have any hit registration issues in this setup. Hope this helps.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:17 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter is set to Spectating Mode so that won't be filtering anything, your radius is also very wide so not prioritizing getting the lowest ping servers. Congestion Control is set to activate when high priority traffic is detected but as you've added it as an Xbox it may not trigger properly - set to the Games Console service instead. Change PPPoE connection mode to always connect - do you have no other devices on the network? Where are they connected?

Yep this is just the setup at the moment - I have tried it in Filtering and Also set the location as UK only - Still exactly the same if not worse.

I have tried Setting congestion control to always - same nothing changes.

When I press games console in NetDuma it just comes up saying Xbox - That is set to Games Console.

Tried the connection to always connect also. 

IVE been on this for about a year now - Pretty much tried everything!! 

I am currently TRYING with a VPN - Running Express VPN on my PC setting to the UK ..... Hit Detection feels a little bit better BUT not perfect, BUT it makes me lag - I had 50ms ping on it rather than 19ms ... an the game feels jittery , also team mates voices lag and stutter. 

How can I set up the GeoFilter to say Spain, even when i am not host? As i play some customs too so want it to work for everything host or not host if that makes sense? Like how will I work it like that?.... I've just ran a torny against some Pro's and i came 3rd, what let me down is the hit reg - There shooting me 1sec before i can shoot them and its costing me games.  :(:(

13 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

Yep this is just the setup at the moment - I have tried it in Filtering and Also set the location as UK only - Still exactly the same if not worse.

I have tried Setting congestion control to always - same nothing changes.

When I press games console in NetDuma it just comes up saying Xbox - That is set to Games Console.

Tried the connection to always connect also. 

IVE been on this for about a year now - Pretty much tried everything!! 

I am currently TRYING with a VPN - Running Express VPN on my PC setting to the UK ..... Hit Detection feels a little bit better BUT not perfect, BUT it makes me lag - I had 50ms ping on it rather than 19ms ... an the game feels jittery , also team mates voices lag and stutter. 

How can I set up the GeoFilter to say Spain, even when i am not host? As i play some customs too so want it to work for everything host or not host if that makes sense? Like how will I work it like that?.... I've just ran a torny against some Pro's and i came 3rd, what let me down is the hit reg - There shooting me 1sec before i can shoot them and its costing me games.  :(:(

Unfortunately you will have higher ping when going through a VPN, there's just extra processing involved with a VPN. You can set your Geo-filter to Spain and set your VPN location to Spain as well, as long as the ping isn't too high you should still be able to connect there. Your apparent location shouldn't affect your ability to host private games, though you may have higher ping so bear that in mind. 

6 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

When i put the geofilter around spain - it blocks the UK obvs so when i try join on mates or they try join on me it wont allow it! 

When you try to join your team mates you should see blocked icons appear on the Geo-filter map. Make sure you have Auto-ping host disabled then click these icons and manually allow them. You should then be able to play with your friends.

So update..

I got a 3 5g router to see if that worked... connected to xr700! 1st game on plays absolutely mint.. no more shoot first die first etc, only issue is ping is 50ms but can live with that... am absolutely shreading everyone and there 1.3 avg lobbys etc

Only issue after 1 game it seems to not like it no more and i warp all over game, packet loss symbols, 120ms ping etc

Why does the 5g router only seem to work for 1 game? Anyone know why? Its a huaewi cpe 2 router connect to the xr700. I have also tried going cpe2 to pc and its exactly same.. 1 game absolutely mint.. next lags like mad

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

So update..

I got a 3 5g router to see if that worked... connected to xr700! 1st game on plays absolutely mint.. no more shoot first die first etc, only issue is ping is 50ms but can live with that... am absolutely shreading everyone and there 1.3 avg lobbys etc

Only issue after 1 game it seems to not like it no more and i warp all over game, packet loss symbols, 120ms ping etc

Why does the 5g router only seem to work for 1 game? Anyone know why? Its a huaewi cpe 2 router connect to the xr700. I have also tried going cpe2 to pc and its exactly same.. 1 game absolutely mint.. next lags like mad

Why it works for one game I couldn't be sure, more likely luck really but I would expect that it wouldn't be a great experience the majority of the time given you're connected to the internet wirelessly

So after playing all night - Its clear IT IS MASSIVELY DIFFERENT 

This was a test to see and it worked - The game worked 100% better on that 5G router, only issue is I have it on my balcony with a wire running down side of house to make it work on 5g and not 4g.. so in reality it is not practical so therefore cant really use it. 

This to me SHOWS that it is Lag Compensation on Warzone I recon, being fttp - im pretty certain if there was a problem with a cable to my home, or internal I wouldn't get a 19ms ping with 900mbps down etc. 

The reason your first game was mint is the game gave you a local lobby and also a bot lobby then sbmm kicked in and then it prioritises skill over connection also your suffering from typical cod lag comp try reducing your upload and download speeds and the vpn method doesn't really work as if your trying change your location as tested by JGOD check out his channel on youtube discussing this and by the way i ended up buying a draytek modem and done away with my providers hub and plugged my r2 into that or you could go nat 1 and plug directly into the modem its worth a try

On 8/3/2021 at 1:16 AM, stokoe1011 said:

The reason your first game was mint is the game gave you a local lobby and also a bot lobby then sbmm kicked in and then it prioritises skill over connection also your suffering from typical cod lag comp try reducing your upload and download speeds and the vpn method doesn't really work as if your trying change your location as tested by JGOD check out his channel on youtube discussing this and by the way i ended up buying a draytek modem and done away with my providers hub and plugged my r2 into that or you could go nat 1 and plug directly into the modem its worth a try

Na matey its nothing to do with sbmm or anything like that. Im not an average player 1kd etc...

I was 5kd at old house on blackout and then suddenly a 2.5kd on warzone at new house? Things didnt add up, i was shooting first and on kill cams not even shooting etc. 

The 5g router works

Reason it worked the 1st game and then not the others is because it switched onto 4g from 5g that was the issue 

Im now getting a daily kd of 5 on warzone, shooting people who are shooting me first etc. 

Now i have a location for it it stays on 5g - only issue now is the ping. Roughly around 60ms but at least i can 100% confirm that its my home broadband.. now how to fix that home broadband i have literally 0 idea.

Its nothing to do with settings on netduma etc, only two things i can think it is is...

1) My wire is fucked on BT side or internal in my house that i cant change as its fibre optic cable.

2) Its cods lag compensation

Being on a mint connection with fibre i shoot first die first, i goto a 5g connection all of a sudden my issue is gone.. Dropping 20 bombs for fun and hitting a 5kd daily!! 

If i can work out how to drop that ping now from 60 to 30.... thats the question now 🤣

10 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

Na matey its nothing to do with sbmm or anything like that. Im not an average player 1kd etc...

I was 5kd at old house on blackout and then suddenly a 2.5kd on warzone at new house? Things didnt add up, i was shooting first and on kill cams not even shooting etc. 

The 5g router works

Reason it worked the 1st game and then not the others is because it switched onto 4g from 5g that was the issue 

Im now getting a daily kd of 5 on warzone, shooting people who are shooting me first etc. 

Now i have a location for it it stays on 5g - only issue now is the ping. Roughly around 60ms but at least i can 100% confirm that its my home broadband.. now how to fix that home broadband i have literally 0 idea.

Its nothing to do with settings on netduma etc, only two things i can think it is is...

1) My wire is fucked on BT side or internal in my house that i cant change as its fibre optic cable.

2) Its cods lag compensation

Being on a mint connection with fibre i shoot first die first, i goto a 5g connection all of a sudden my issue is gone.. Dropping 20 bombs for fun and hitting a 5kd daily!! 

If i can work out how to drop that ping now from 60 to 30.... thats the question now 🤣

If eventually you figure out a way to reduce 60 to 30 you still have to deal with lag compensation cod will dump on you or throws you into sweaty ass lobby since you got a good connection plus your 5kd ratio, just saying either way you try to get an equal advantage the game is always one step ahead You. 

Yes you might just get a good game but most your games are going to be against try hards.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, stokoe1011 said:

Do you reduce your speeds using the sliders? Also, do you enable or disable traffic prioritization?

So its definitely the BT internet or the Netduma router....

Connected via WIFI to the 3 Mobile 5g router - 4-6kd      tested it 4 days in a row - 4-6 KD every day

Connected back to XR700 with BT wire - 2 KD for the day... shoot first die first every game... 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

So its definitely the BT internet or the Netduma router....

Connected via WIFI to the 3 Mobile 5g router - 4-6kd      tested it 4 days in a row - 4-6 KD every day

Connected back to XR700 with BT wire - 2 KD for the day... shoot first die first every game... 

What has the ping been like? Your KD can fluctuate for a variety of reasons. Try direct to the BT hub

3 ROUTER - 4-5KD every time

BT - 2-3KD every time

Checking the lobbys, and the BT lobbys where all easier. 

Meaning for easier lobbys, it should be higher KD. Therefore on harder lobbys i get better KD.

It just shows there, how obvious it is. It has to be something with BT or XR700... ill try BT router and play some games for few days and get back.. issue is, i cant take myself PRO with a 60-70ms ping on the 3 router. 

Somehow and someway i need to find a fix with the BT router 😭😭

1 hour ago, davemarsden132 said:

God damn! So there is no fix.. unless there a way to lower the ping on the 3 router? =/ 

Think only way that can happen is if they build a 5g tower closer to my house 😂 which i doubt will happen anytime soon 🤮

If the ping was lower you'd probably find you're back in 4-5KD lobbies, if lag compensation really is the problem.

So the BT is 19ms, even when i put further away servers the ping is higher at 35 and 50.. on BT its the same shoot first die first! 

I take my PC to sisters play on VM and its like on the 3 router.

It has to be the xr700 or BT... at first i assumed it was PPPoE because thats what BT use and VM dont.. but then the 3 router apparently uses PPPoE also so it cant be that.

It has to be something else, something im missing! Theres summat somewhere that is causing this. I dont think its lag compensation, unless lag compensation dosent work on ping but works on something else.

I even tried lowering my speeds to 2mbps down and 2mbps up and its same there shoot first die first. 

So speed, ping dosent seem to have an affect. PPPoE dosent affect it. 

Im not a internet wiz? But what else is there that is different between BT and VM + 3mobile (huawai router). 

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

So the BT is 19ms, even when i put further away servers the ping is higher at 35 and 50.. on BT its the same shoot first die first! 

I take my PC to sisters play on VM and its like on the 3 router.

It has to be the xr700 or BT... at first i assumed it was PPPoE because thats what BT use and VM dont.. but then the 3 router apparently uses PPPoE also so it cant be that.

It has to be something else, something im missing! Theres summat somewhere that is causing this. I dont think its lag compensation, unless lag compensation dosent work on ping but works on something else.

I even tried lowering my speeds to 2mbps down and 2mbps up and its same there shoot first die first. 

So speed, ping dosent seem to have an affect. PPPoE dosent affect it. 

Im not a internet wiz? But what else is there that is different between BT and VM + 3mobile (huawai router). 

Cheers.

Oh apologies I misunderstood what you meant about KD.

If you play direct to the BT router, what does it play like?

Unfortunately it's hard to troubleshoot these sorts of issues as there's a lot of variables involved and you can't accurately measure it.

Yeah its a pain in the backside! haha... As there is loads of posts - Surely someone has found a solution, i've scaled the NET for AGES and no one seems to have an answer just that you have to live with it. But there must be something we can do.. SURELY!! 

I don't have a BT router but will do on the 16th so will be able to trial it then and post the result. I'm just on with swapping out the XR700 for a R9000 I think it is. 

• Administrators

If you were trying to throttle then 2/2Mbps is still too much bandwidth, going down to 0.5 would be more efficient if that actually does work. I can't see how QoS/UPnP would get confused but would be interested to hear your results!