Just got banned from COD Cold War

I have been using my XR500 for a month or so now.  A few weeks ago I noticed COD points missing from my account and submitted a ticket with Activision (since you cannot call them anymore) and received no response.  Today I log in and it say my account was banned.  Put in an appeal on the activision site which seemed to indicate they only ban for cheating.  I only play for an hour or so a day and have a 1.19 KD in TDM so I definitely dont use any cheats.  Could this be from using the DumaOS router?

3 hours ago, cwanner73 said:

I have been using my XR500 for a month or so now.  A few weeks ago I noticed COD points missing from my account and submitted a ticket with Activision (since you cannot call them anymore) and received no response.  Today I log in and it say my account was banned.  Put in an appeal on the activision site which seemed to indicate they only ban for cheating.  I only play for an hour or so a day and have a 1.19 KD in TDM so I definitely dont use any cheats.  Could this be from using the DumaOS router?

Not at all. I have had a netduma router for about 5 years now and no issues at all and I play for a few hours a day. A netduma router is not cheating it controls you network traffic as a normal router would and the geo filtering feature is to place you in localised matches (via your true or selected location).

That is the difference between Knowledge and Experience, my Son got repeatedly temp banned from COD, Fifa 21 etc.whilst we had the XR500 and  is due to the XR500 disconnecting and sometimes re-connecting mid game and pre lobby etc etc.

Such a shame as we are using another brand router (not by choice) and no bans / warnings (enforcement actions)  etc. 

From what I know, bans are from getting reported alot. Its an automated system, theres no one reviewing anything.

Regardless, it won't be from using a Duma router.

So I put in an appeal and this was the response I received:

Your appeal has been reviewed and we've confirmed with our security team that your account has been permanently banned for using unauthorized software and manipulation of game data. As you were the account holder at the time of infraction, your ban will not be overturned.

To preserve the integrity of our security systems and detection methods, this is the only information our policy allows us to share regarding your case. This decision is final and your case is now closed. In case you are currently playing any other Activision titles and for future reference, please avoid any of these types of violations to keep your account in good standing.

Activision Support

Since I do not use any unauthorized software or haven't manipulated game data in any way, I can only assume this was caused by the DumaOS geofilter on XR500.  Now I am out all the money I spent in game and have to start with a fresh account.  I expect a response from admin/moderator on this issue.

• Administrators

We have had our software/routers out in the world since the end of 2014 and in those nearly 7 years we've never had someone get banned from using our routers. They would not even be able to tell that you were using the Geo-Filter as it would simply appear as though you are unable to connect to some servers but you can connect to others so I highly doubt that it would be due to the router

43 minutes ago, cwanner73 said:

Since I do not use any unauthorized software or haven't manipulated game data in any way, I can only assume this was caused by the DumaOS geofilter on XR500.  Now I am out all the money I spent in game and have to start with a fresh account.  I expect a response from admin/moderator on this issue.

Folk were getting banned for using the Overwolf software... thats a Warzone tracker, nothing dodgy there.

Most bans are BS from what I can tell... yet the cheaters run rampant. I really don't think Acti care tbh.

21 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Folk were getting banned for using the Overwolf software... thats a Warzone tracker, nothing dodgy there.

Most bans are BS from what I can tell... yet the cheaters run rampant. I really don't think Acti care tbh.

I don't even play Warzone.  I only play HC Team Deathmatch for an hour or two a day.  I have a 1.19 KD so I am obviously not using any kind of cheating software.

56 minutes ago, cwanner73 said:

I don't even play Warzone.  I only play HC Team Deathmatch for an hour or two a day.  I have a 1.19 KD so I am obviously not using any kind of cheating software.

A false positive most likely then.

Says everything about Acti and their *anti cheat*

They only want your money, nothing else.

I tried to call Activision Support to see if I can get the issue straightened out and they do not have any option to talk to someone at all anymore.  This is so frustrating especially considering I just spent money purchasing the Golden Age III package and the Ice Dragon Krig 6 blueprint and spent $10 for the season pass after my COD Points disappeared right before the Season 3 drop.  I submitted a ticket requesting information on the change of my COD points balance and they still haven't responded over 3 weeks later.  I am certain now that this has nothing to do with cheating and everything to do with the fact that I recently changed my name in COD to CornPop.

11 minutes ago, cwanner73 said:

I tried to call Activision Support to see if I can get the issue straightened out and they do not have any option to talk to someone at all anymore.  This is so frustrating especially considering I just spent money purchasing the Golden Age III package and the Ice Dragon Krig 6 blueprint and spent $10 for the season pass after my COD Points disappeared right before the Season 3 drop.  I submitted a ticket requesting information on the change of my COD points balance and they still haven't responded over 3 weeks later.  I am certain now that this has nothing to do with cheating and everything to do with the fact that I recently changed my name in COD to CornPop.

They won't perm ban you for your name. I got a temp ban coz of my name a while back, they ban for like 7 days iirc and change your name to user#8768758.

As much as I know - Activision / Blizzard - Anti-Cheat is scanning all processes on the System and even Software installed or Injecting itself in memory. So if some program has a odd wording because that happened you can get banned for that. The other part are applications like screen captures, overlays, bloatware that come with PCs for (Acer had intrusive ones in the earlier days). Multiple Anti-Virus Engines could also spike False-Positive or even a Virus itself could trigger a Anti-Cheat Engine. 

Best regards
Val.

3 hours ago, Valvaris said:

As much as I know - Activision / Blizzard - Anti-Cheat is scanning all processes on the System and even Software installed or Injecting itself in memory. So if some program has a odd wording because that happened you can get banned for that. The other part are applications like screen captures, overlays, bloatware that come with PCs for (Acer had intrusive ones in the earlier days). Multiple Anti-Virus Engines could also spike False-Positive or even a Virus itself could trigger a Anti-Cheat Engine. 

Best regards
Val.

None of that can be the case on the PS5

3 hours ago, Valvaris said:

Best regards
Val.

Yet theres folk that have been using hacks for months and still doing so without being caught. I believe they have a true anti cheat as much as I believe MW19 was built on a brand new engine (like they claim)

18 minutes ago, cwanner73 said:

None of that can be the case on the PS5

Theres no such thing as console hacks thus there is no anti cheat on console and I don't believe there is on PC neither.

Acti tell lies, they'll tell you anything if it means you'll buy their crappy product.

13 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Theres no such thing as console hacks thus there is no anti cheat on console and I don't believe there is on PC neither.

Acti tell lies, they'll tell you anything if it means you'll buy their crappy product.

So how can they justify banning me when I only play on PS5.  I spent $70 for the game and $30 on in game purchases.  There should be a way to either get my account restored or get a refund for what I spent.  Already tried the appeal ban option and that was no bueno.

11 minutes ago, cwanner73 said:

So how can they justify banning me when I only play on PS5.  I spent $70 for the game and $30 on in game purchases.  There should be a way to either get my account restored or get a refund for what I spent.  Already tried the appeal ban option and that was no bueno.

https://support.activision.com/uk/en/ban-appeal

If you think unauthorised activity was maybe the cause have a look here.

39 minutes ago, cwanner73 said:

Same thing happened to a mate of mine, got shadowed banned a couple of times, he created a new account that got instantly perm banned then his shadow account got perm banned.

He plays on PS4. Jealous idiots report you just because you're better than them at the game. I've been reported many a time and I'm not even that good lol.

36 minutes ago, Newfie said:

https://support.activision.com/uk/en/ban-appeal

If you think unauthorised activity was maybe the cause have a look here.

As I stated, I already tried the ban appeal and was told they reviewed and they are enforcing the ban.  There was unauthorized activity as my CP went missing 3 weeks before the ban.  I told them in the appeal that I had submitted 2 tickets requesting info on where the CP went, and there was no reply to either ticket for over a month.  I'm so done with activision at this point, I just want a refund.  I will go play something else from now on.  It's a shame though, I've been playing since COD4 Modern Warfare on the PS2.

Untitled.png

That sucks big time. I guess you only have their social media left to try but it might be a case of moving on sadly. 
If there was a point where someone gained access to your account just be mindful of scams and anywhere where you use credentials. 

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That sucks big time. I guess you only have their social media left to try but it might be a case of moving on sadly. 
If there was a point where someone gained access to your account just be mindful of scams and anywhere where you use credentials. 

They have no customer support at this time,  Cannot call, cannot chat.  They have disabled messaging options of Facebook.  I cancelled my twitter account and dont use any other social media.  I am in the process of trying to get a refund for the game and any addon content I purchased from Playstation Store.

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, cwanner73 said:

Very true and it is because of netduma. I live in Texas and would always wreck in CoD. Things started to change after like 2 weeks and couldn’t connect to the Texas server no more… I reached out to activision and got a similar response to this…. Now I can even play on my own local server.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Michael Carrasco said:

Very true and it is because of netduma. I live in Texas and would always wreck in CoD. Things started to change after like 2 weeks and couldn’t connect to the Texas server no more… I reached out to activision and got a similar response to this…. Now I can even play on my own local server.

It's not due to the router at all - we've been going for 7 years without issue. They wouldn't ban you from one server, likely the server is not appearing where it should on the map but you can likely connect to it using Ping Assist.