NEW R1 FIRMWARE: 3.0.207

Netduma Liam

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean exactly? Disable it from that menu, even though you have one device connected it can still impact the speed. Do you have other devices connected direct to the modem then?

I have the router from the internet company to the netduma r1 and from the netduma only the pc connected nothing else and even then it does 
not give the speed: /

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Please disable QoS from the Congestion Control :menu menu and test using speedtest.net

Are any devices other than the R1 connected to the router from the internet company?

Disabled Qos and solved thank you very much

9 hours ago, DmenteCz said:

Disabled Qos and solved thank you very much

OK, that will be the reason then. QoS is limiting your speed in order to ensure priority devices get enough bandwidth, you can set this to Auto-enable if you want to have your full bandwidth when not gaming.

Is there any news on an updated firmware for R1? The replacement R1 I got is starting to act up like the first one. And I suspect the 3.0 beta have to do with it.
Main issue is that the webpage doesn't load properly. So I can't make any changes. I don't dare factory reset, as last time I tried that with my first R1 I was stuck with an unconfigurable router that was open to anyone to connect to from the outside.

I've tried different internet browsers and that doesn't seem to make a difference in the issue.

Edit: I saw now I was a bit quick on the trigger, should have posted in the "Issue Reporting Thread" Can't delete. Also added some more context above about the problem.

Edit2: Seems I managed to load in. Had to disconnect everything from the router except my PC and restart it again.

• Administrators
On 9/3/2021 at 9:18 PM, broderick1000 said:

I just installed this update and now I don’t have internet. I can’t get access to the user interface. I forgot to do a factory reset. It asks me for my username and password and will accept them but the user interface will not come up. 

Clear your browser cache/cookies and see if you can access the interface - if you came from an old version this should allow you to see it and access the setup wizard to complete and get internet.

On 9/4/2021 at 2:27 PM, Offen said:

Is there any news on an updated firmware for R1? The replacement R1 I got is starting to act up like the first one. And I suspect the 3.0 beta have to do with it.
Main issue is that the webpage doesn't load properly. So I can't make any changes. I don't dare factory reset, as last time I tried that with my first R1 I was stuck with an unconfigurable router that was open to anyone to connect to from the outside.

I've tried different internet browsers and that doesn't seem to make a difference in the issue.

Edit: I saw now I was a bit quick on the trigger, should have posted in the "Issue Reporting Thread" Can't delete. Also added some more context above about the problem.

Edit2: Seems I managed to load in. Had to disconnect everything from the router except my PC and restart it again.

We're working on it and will get it out as soon as we can, don't have an ETA on that. Glad to hear you were able to resolve it, let us know if it happens again.

I got everything up and running. Now I have a strict Nat. I've tried putting my Xbox in the DMZ, that didn't work, tried Upnp that gives me a double Nat. I've forwarded all ports and still no luck. There was a small power glitch ad everything went from open to strict when my routers booted back up. I have an at&t gateway thats running on passthrough and my ports are forwarded on my R1. 

8 hours ago, broderick1000 said:

I got everything up and running. Now I have a strict Nat. I've tried putting my Xbox in the DMZ, that didn't work, tried Upnp that gives me a double Nat. I've forwarded all ports and still no luck. There was a small power glitch ad everything went from open to strict when my routers booted back up. I have an at&t gateway thats running on passthrough and my ports are forwarded on my R1. 

Could you please take the AT&T out of passthrough mode and instead put the R1 WAN IP in the AT&T DMZ. Then make sure the WAN IP for the R1 is reserved from the AT&T interface so it won't change again in future.

You may need to reboot the R1 after making these changes for your NAT type to then appear open.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, broderick1000 said:

When I turn on Upnp it gives me a double nat error code. 

Okay that's very interesting. While connected direct to the Arris, please follow this test and let me know the result please

https://winbuzzer.com/2020/05/29/windows-10-how-to-tell-if-your-isp-uses-carrier-grade-nat-cg-nat-xcxwbt/

• 1 month later...

how come we always need to be connected to the internet just to modify router settings ?  older routers 30 years ago never needed this. 

tried out fully installing the windows version of Nordvpn today and it screwed up trying to login to netduma router for hours on end, until I switched to another router and then switched back. usually I just install the udp files seperately into router, but today felt like screwing around with the full setup file of nordvpn. 

so thats when I tried connecting just the netduma router to the pc to modify settings...(with no internet) and it wouldn't allow me. 

I uninstalled the nordvpn so that's not an issue anymore.

using the 192.168. number without internet modem in between ..it'll just say "can't connect'.  ..but will connect if the modem is between.

this was before doing that as well. same issue for years.  how would u recommend trying it to work without the modem in between?

i currently have just the router cable from the router to the pc.