Netduma R2 Random ping spikes?

Hello I recently contacted support on here since my wifi kept turning off for no reason untill I turned off IPV6 which solved a lot of the problems. But it also made a new one. I'm get very high ping spikes in game no matter what game. It's not at a certain time ether I could go 30 min and no ping spikes then there would be one every 30 sec for a few hours. I don't know how to fix this problem any help?

sssssssssssssss.PNG

8 hours ago, JustKingRuslan said:

Hello I recently contacted support on here since my wifi kept turning off for no reason untill I turned off IPV6 which solved a lot of the problems. But it also made a new one. I'm get very high ping spikes in game no matter what game. It's not at a certain time ether I could go 30 min and no ping spikes then there would be one every 30 sec for a few hours. I don't know how to fix this problem any help?

sssssssssssssss.PNG

Sorry to hear that, do you have QoS configured? If so, could you provide a screenshot of your configuration?

On 3/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great to hear, thanks for the update!

The lag has gone away in games but while watching videos and in zoom calls I get lagged for a few seconds so it only went away in game. Anything else I could try?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JustKingRuslan said:

The lag has gone away in games but while watching videos and in zoom calls I get lagged for a few seconds so it only went away in game. Anything else I could try?

Are you using the Work from home option in Traffic Prioritization so that you can prioritize Zoom? If not I would try that and see if it helps.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using the Work from home option in Traffic Prioritization so that you can prioritize Zoom? If not I would try that and see if it helps.

I tried the traffic control but it still hasnt fix the problem. Also ping spikes seemed to return somewhat and im still unsure why.

Your bandwidth distribution flower on your QoS screen reset that to where all devices get an even amount.. Try that once.. Also go to your Device Manager and see what those unnamed devices are.. If you dont know what they are and they are offline delete them for the moment.. See if that also helps with your issue..

Good luck!

Zippy. 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Re-enable DumaOS Classified Games in Traffic Prioritization then please, enable Work at home as well. Can you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please?

I've had the DumaOS classified games and work enabled already. But here is the benchmark

dumaosr2.PNG

• Administrators

Your connection is actually quite stable so surprising you're seeing lag. You've got a few spikes and a little jitter, you can try to get that down more by experimenting with the percentages on Congestion Control while using always

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your connection is actually quite stable so surprising you're seeing lag. You've got a few spikes and a little jitter, you can try to get that down more by experimenting with the percentages on Congestion Control while using always

Im not too sure why it's happening it's very stable for some time but ping spikes still do happen and I dont know how to fix those maybe its the speed perhaps?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you go really low, yes, but dropping it another 5-10% shouldn't make a difference.

Ive tried to go lower but it makes things worse. It makes my phone lag every so often and it cant load videos on youtube at all it takes it some time are you sure there isnt anything else per say I could do?

13 hours ago, JustKingRuslan said:

Ive tried to go lower but it makes things worse. It makes my phone lag every so often and it cant load videos on youtube at all it takes it some time are you sure there isnt anything else per say I could do?

I'd suggest changing Congestion Control to 'Auto-enable' and that should resolve this for you